HoveCreations

horses in dayz

i think they should add some sort of horses on like ranches or in the forest so that you can ride them for a way of transportation but you would need like a saddle of some sort just an idea c:

• Like 3

Horses in DayZ would certainly be a nice way to travel and would definitely be canon for the environment.
They could work.  :thumbsup: 

i doubt this will get into the alpha at any point. 

animal riding is pretty complicated to make animations for. time can be better spent doing somethign more useful.

i doubt this will get into the alpha at any point. 

animal riding is pretty complicated to make animations for. time can be better spent doing somethign more useful.

just any idea for later builds not alpha

The closest they have got so far is a creepy ass looking horse skin that someone made for the dirtbike. Was one of the funniest things I've ever seen watching that beast bounce down a mountain. It definitely would be logical to find them in a place like Chernarus. While most of the better tempered ones would likely die trying to approach zombies for food there would definitely be horse farms with a few running around. You wouldn't need a saddle either. Just some rope to make a bridle.

Sounds great, Would go with the crafting system hand in hand

Rocket as said Houses will be coming in the future, He said it on twitch.tv in one his streams.

• Like 1

Rocket as said Houses will be coming in the future, He said it on twitch.tv in one his streams.

you mean Blouses right?

This is a great idea but would be rather difficult to accomplish.

Are they free-roaming or are they stabled? Would you need to feed them or heal their wounds? Could they die? How would you ride them?

As someone said, time will have to be spent doing the animations for riding and programming. With that said, I see this a great idea for faster transportation. I hope rocket the developers like the idea too.

Lots of work with this. What happens when you gallop into a brick wall? What happens when someone shoots your horse wihile you ride it? What happens if someone injures your horse? So many game systems... I don't really think this is the work, despite how nice it would be to have horses.

I hope the horses are free roaming then you will need to catch them, then "break" them before you could ride them like the old cowboys.

032roots04.jpg

Edited by CGNoodlePot

+1 I like this idea... and if my memory servers me correct, I believe I have heard the sounds of horses in the game already.