Sign in to follow this  
Mark88

Am I doing something wrong?

Got the red chain then said "no message received for" and started a timer, so I log off, wait 5 minutes and log back on and BAM! I'm at the coast with a new character......again!

Server must have lost connection to the database and your character got deleted, its an alpha, you agreed to play it like that, so tough luck  ;)

Probably an update to the database, then a server restart.

Don't get attached to your gear!

Well then no point in really playing that I see. Im glad to support the game with my $, but starting fresh almost every day is ridiculous. I'll just be a forum watcher for a few months.

Edited by Mark88

The red chain is desync so you might have gotten attacked or fell off a cliff during the time it wasn't getting messages. If you logged off fine on your screen but unconscious as far as the server is concerned it automatically kills you.

Off topic but I used to work in Dayton, Ohio and was curious if they ever fixed 75? Seemed like they were working on that road for a decade. Not much better now in Cincinnati, though.

If you are signed up for betas u should check if there is a new version available and only play on servers that use said version, this maybe happening on the server side of things as well, if you have the same version as the server, try using diferent servers and see if it works.

Well then no point in really playing that I see. Im glad to support the game with my $, but starting fresh almost every day is ridiculous. I'll just be a forum watcher for a few months.

No point in playing? You're supposed to be breaking the game and report how you broke it. I mean really everyone at this point is a tester.

No point in playing? You're supposed to be breaking the game and report how you broke it. I mean really everyone at this point is a tester.

Ok here is my test report, I log on, run around for an hour to get a backpack and a shovel or axe, then when I log on the next time my character is wiped and get to do it all over again. Hope this helps. ;)

Ok here is my test report, I log on, run around for an hour to get a backpack and a shovel or axe, then when I log on the next time my character is wiped and get to do it all over again. Hope this helps. ;)

:rolleyes:

Not sure what you expected in the first week of Alpha when there were warnings at every corner. 

Not saying losing your character isn't annoying but you shouldn't be that attached to a character that can get wiped at any update anyways. 

Ok, now log on and try doing something else. Try to get yourself stuck somewhere, See what happens if you swim for an hour, try to land on someones head.

The thing is, what happens to your character's "progression" is irrelivant since thats not the point of this stage of development. If characters wiping probably something causing it and we are to find the bug that causes it but not solely that bug.

It's the only thing you can do. I've had my character reset 6 times so far. I love the standalone and I can't wait to play it once this is fixed, but until then I'm going to watch from the sidelines