rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I haven't read through all the thread but I hope to god you are planing to do something about the barbwire/tank traps' date=' its at a point where I don't even feel like logging in because on most servers all the loot spots are being exploited with them.

I hope you are playing the game yourself and not just on a dev server rocket,

[b']because it is getting to a point where it really breaks the game.

Actually they're not a problem at all. You can remove them all if you've got a toolbox. It's just a bit difficult to aim at the wire to get the action to remove it.

Concerning the wipe, I guess only the staff knows if it's the right moment. I want to remember you guys that we're currently in a early testing phase and you all have accepted the risk (since you decided to join this mod) to loose all of your hard earned equ.

Hello Rocket! You need to make WIPE' date='because too many players were dupers. And cheaters too, i think, all people will play fair, if you'll fix DUPE bug and make wipe.

[/quote']

Fuck that, i only just found NVG's! :P

No point wiping until all the dupe bugs and weapon spawn issues are fixed. Wiping now will only be a pain in the arse for legitimate players. The cheaters will just spawn themselves new gear and carry on.

Yeah fuck that + 2.. Just found me NVG`s too :).. But i also killed a guy spawning right infront of me completly random, out in the forest with FN FAL ANPV S4 on him yesterday. the strange thing was i could look through the scope without Nightvision, was jus like regular scope..(thought it was only Nightvision on this gun) :P It was sweet!

But today its only nightvision on the scope.. strange :(

They should make this gun able to toggle between regular/nightvision..

But anyway looking forward to the new patch.. keep upp the good work dayz team :)

Hello Rocket! You need to make WIPE' date='because too many players were dupers. And cheaters too, i think, all people will play fair, if you'll fix DUPE bug and make wipe.

[/quote']

Fuck that, i only just found NVG's! :P

No point wiping until all the dupe bugs and weapon spawn issues are fixed. Wiping now will only be a pain in the arse for legitimate players. The cheaters will just spawn themselves new gear and carry on.

I totally agree. untill a majority of the glitches that doesnt require hacks or scripts to be used are fished out theres no use wiping. Duping etc is too big of a tempation for people thinking that "its not hacking and its hard to get caught so why the hell not". when these things are fixed up complete wipe of everything! i cant even imagine why people do this kinds of things. it just takes away the key part of the game. scavenging and having the thought of dying and starting all over again creeping in your head.

when theres no fear, anxiety and no paranoia theres no dayz.

because it is getting to a point where it really breaks the game.

Actually they're not a problem at all. You can remove them all if you've got a toolbox. It's just a bit difficult to aim at the wire to get the action to remove it.

the ratio toolbox to wire/traps is really bad, and is not a solution to the problem, most of the time when you need to hide from a player or (in most cases) zeds you don't have time to search for the right spot to remove them, we all know this and its time to remove the traps from the game, OR allow us to vault over them. (lose some blood when vaulting over wire etc) its not hard to sort this out.

Plus it takes way from the realism. In a real appocalypse there wouldnt be oceans of barbed wire covering the major city's. It only happens in DayZ, because people are dicks.

I haven't read through all the thread but I hope to god you are planing to do something about the barbwire/tank traps' date=' its at a point where I don't even feel like logging in because on most servers all the loot spots are being exploited with them.

I hope you are playing the game yourself and not just on a dev server rocket,

[b']because it is getting to a point where it really breaks the game.

Concerning the wipe, I guess only the staff knows if it's the right moment. I want to remember you guys that we're currently in a early testing phase and you all have accepted the risk (since you decided to join this mod) to loose all of your hard earned equ.

this is the wrong response considering around 80% of the barbedwire isn't there due to be placed there and not removed, but because server resets respawn barbed wire. While this is supposedly fixed (vipeax mentioned that it might be fixed in upcoming patch on puddns stream) in the upcoming patch, until then barbed wire is just messed up.

If this fix doesn't happen, i would propose a higher spawn ratio of toolboxes or having a hatchet able to remove a section of barbed wire temporarily (tell me you couldn't use the back end to knock out the barbwire stands)

The only reason the game can cope with the number of zombies present on the map currently is because the AI for them runs on each client and thus spreads the load' date=' I'd guess it would be a really significant change to do otherwise.. A really simple change would be to make the zombie spawn radius around each player the same as the current draw distance (which of course changes with the weather etc). This way the 'zombie radar' as I like to call it wouldn't be any use to detect players. There would be a great deal more zombies on the map as a result though and increase server load.

[/quote']

the problem with the current system that you can make zombies disappear, and can tell if there is a player in town. and this issues must be fixed. and making zombies like mobs in mmorpgs is the only option i see.

and depending on implementation this could be not such resource consuming for server. at least somehow private mmorpgs servers can hold around 200-300 ppl with lots of mobs on each location.

any idea when this is going to be released?

When it done™

From the sound of things, it will be in the next couple days.

Rocket posted a little while ago saying that they were back at work on the update and then again a bit later saying closed testing is starting now and he would update again later..

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18575&pid=279309#pid279309

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18575&pid=279789#pid279789

I'm not saying it's definite, but it's looking like it's getting pretty close. :)

From the sound of things' date=' it will be in the next couple days.

Rocket posted a little while ago saying that they were back at work on the update and then again a bit later saying closed testing is starting now and he would update again later..

[/quote']

i would think its gonna be released today. rocket says closed testing is started but i thought they presented the version 1.7.2 on rezzed game show on friday so the main thing should be tested already. i think its the ID issue ppl with arma x got that has to be tested.

[/quote']

i would think its gonna be released today. rocket says closed testing is started but i thought they presented the version 1.7.2 on rezzed game show on friday so the main thing should be tested already. i think its the ID issue ppl with arma x got that has to be tested.

You might be right (I hope), I just didn't want to be the cause of more "But Rocket said it would be today" silliness. :P

[/quote']

You might be right (I hope), I just didn't want to be the cause of more "But Rocket said it would be today" silliness. :P

long time ago he said its gonna be released on monday. well there are a lot of mondays before us ^^

The second this update goes live, I'm going to dismantle the hundreds of barbed wire I set up in Cherno and replace them with bear traps. Can't wait for carebears to bitch about getting their legs broken the second they spawn!

Maybe it really will be today.. today is Monday, right? (It better be, or I missed something) :P

Maybe he actually meant Monday *July 9* all along! lol ;)

I don't think a wipe is the way to go at all.

I say fix the exploits and just let the cheaters die out once they're weakened. People will think what's the point of playing if they're chars are just going to get wiped.

I don't think a wipe is the way to go at all.

I say fix the exploits and just let the cheaters die out once they're weakened. People will think what's the point of playing if they're chars are just going to get wiped.

Your char will probably be wiped eventually anyway, EVERY game ive ever played after alpha/beta is done and the full, Finished game is soon to be released ALL stats/chars get reset.

I think a wipe will fix a lot of problems. Considering the duplication exploits will be fixed in this update, and so they won't be able to do it any more, it would be best for everyone to start with nothing. And those that would complain that they didn't dupe any items and did everything legitimately, it will still be fair because EVERYONE starts with nothing again.

F5

F5

F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5...

F5

F5

F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5... F5...

F5... F5... F5... F5...F4.....oops....F5... F5... F5... F5...

I think a wipe will fix a lot of problems. Considering the duplication exploits will be fixed in this update' date=' and so they won't be able to do it any more, it would be best for everyone to start with nothing. And those that would complain that they didn't dupe any items and did everything legitimately, it will still be fair because EVERYONE starts with nothing again.

[/quote']

Give me a break. Wiping isn't needed. Some people duped stuff? Big deal. They can't hide tents off map anymore. Find their tents and destroy them. Kill the players and they lose their stuff. You don't need a sniper rifle to kill a sniper. I shot a sniper off the huge tower in cherno the other day with a revolver. A lee enfield will easily waste him.

The game doesn't need a wipe because there is a pvp solution to the exploiters. In the past few days I have killed countless snipers and stolen all the fancy loot they had. I discovered a tent city and threw all of the stuff in the tents on the ground to despawn. I destroyed a vehicle full of loot. If you don't like the people that are hoarding gear and vehicles solve the problem yourself. They already gave us the tools we need by making it so people can't hide their stuff off of the map anymore.