rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

You mean zombies not being a beacon saying "Hey' date=' there's a player in this town"

Would be nice, but I'd love to have the higher zombie counts back if possible. I miss seeing 1200 zombies on the counter :(

[/quote']

yeah. it will also mean that they wont despawn on dc/rc, wont depend on quantity of players(at least thats the main idea) on server. imagine 1 player and 1200 zombies on server.

serverload for that many zombies...insane. I'd rather make it so that some zeds are constantly at cities (say 10-20 based on size) and that more spawn in when you get within 1km of the city. This makes it so even someone with sniper range can't tell if there are nearby players since at 1km+ you wont be able to tell for sure if those prespawn zeds are player spawned, and any closer and you wont know if you spawned them or not.

I'm sure it's been said before but I ain't trawling through 320 pages so I'll say it again!

Can you make it so that if you equip the hatchet as primary, your rifle moves to your tool belt? Not sure if it's possible to do and only allow one rifle in the tool belt.

It makes sense as you can carry both the other way around!

Also, if you drink a soda can, can it be replaced with an empty soda can in you inventory?

Cheers, keep up the good work.

serverload for that many zombies...insane. I'd rather make it so that some zeds are constantly at cities (say 10-20 based on size) and that more spawn in when you get within 1km of the city. This makes it so even someone with sniper range can't tell if there are nearby players since at 1km+ you wont be able to tell for sure if those prespawn zeds are player spawned' date=' and any closer and you wont know if you spawned them or not.

[/quote']

1200 is just a random number. you didnt quite get what i meant. constant quantity of zombies without a player nearby and additional zombies when there is player nearby, is actually what we have now, but constant number is zero. if you played mmropg, there are ALWAYS constant number of mobs(until someones starts to killing them :) ) in the area regardless of players quantity in that area.

You mean zombies not being a beacon saying "Hey' date=' there's a player in this town"

Would be nice, but I'd love to have the higher zombie counts back if possible. I miss seeing 1200 zombies on the counter :(

[/quote']

yeah. it will also mean that they wont despawn on dc/rc, wont depend on quantity of players(at least thats the main idea) on server. imagine 1 player and 1200 zombies on server.

serverload for that many zombies...insane. I'd rather make it so that some zeds are constantly at cities (say 10-20 based on size) and that more spawn in when you get within 1km of the city. This makes it so even someone with sniper range can't tell if there are nearby players since at 1km+ you wont be able to tell for sure if those prespawn zeds are player spawned, and any closer and you wont know if you spawned them or not.

4 sq kilometers populated per player multiplied by 50 players would mean that the whole map gets populated.

Hello Rocket! You need to make WIPE,because too many players were dupers. And cheaters too, i think, all people will play fair, if you'll fix DUPE bug and make wipe.

Hello Rocket! You need to make WIPE' date='because too many players were dupers. And cheaters too, i think, all people will play fair, if you'll fix DUPE bug and make wipe.

[/quote']

And what about the legit players (like me) Who have spent ages to not die and get good weapons. I have an AS50, how common are they? It's an alpha, exploits/bugs will pop up.

Why is it that only really bad english speaking/writing people are advising rocket do "make a wipe"?

I mean, my english isn't perfect neither, but this is somehow weird.

Русским: Многие люди - *ЧЕСТНЫЕ*, 95 процентов - *НЕ ЧЕСТНЫЕ*

Eng. Speakers: Some people are fair players, 95 percents - not fair.

If dupe will fixed, all will play fair, and - this is GAME and you are kid, if you are crying for a top-weapon.

i droped playing, cause i'm tired of people playing without debug and are immortal. Currently it ruins everything...

I'm sure it's been said before but I ain't trawling through 320 pages so I'll say it again!

Can you make it so that if you equip the hatchet as primary' date=' your rifle moves to your tool belt? Not sure if it's possible to do and only allow one rifle in the tool belt.

It makes sense as you can carry both the other way around!

Also, if you drink a soda can, can it be replaced with an empty soda can in you inventory?

Cheers, keep up the good work.

[/quote']

No, it doesn't make any sense, no one ever carries a primary weapon on a toolbelt... WTF is wrong with you?

I fail to see the use of a wipe of everyones stats - cheaters will be still able to cheat after the wipe, right?

So what is the point of it?

Full wipe is not that bad, but normal players will suffer most of it.

It could be done then (IF) dupe\container spawn will be fixed.

The only reason the game can cope with the number of zombies present on the map currently is because the AI for them runs on each client and thus spreads the load, I'd guess it would be a really significant change to do otherwise.. A really simple change would be to make the zombie spawn radius around each player the same as the current draw distance (which of course changes with the weather etc). This way the 'zombie radar' as I like to call it wouldn't be any use to detect players. There would be a great deal more zombies on the map as a result though and increase server load.

I can't see it going on the toolbelt, but it would make sense to put it on your back..

I've been in situations where I wanted to kill a single stray zed quietly, but ended up saying screw it and agro'ing multiples just because I didn't want to risk dropping my primary. I say switching to Hatchet puts your primary over your shoulder, switching to crowbar simply holsters your sidearm.

Also, some people seriously need to being such dicks to each other.. if you talked to me like that in RL, I would slap you. (Makasuro)

Especially when you've only made 2 posts in this forum.. :/

Hello Rocket! You need to make WIPE' date='because too many players were dupers. And cheaters too, i think, all people will play fair, if you'll fix DUPE bug and make wipe.

[/quote']

And what about the legit players (like me) Who have spent ages to not die and get good weapons. I have an AS50, how common are they? It's an alpha, exploits/bugs will pop up.

Pretty common if you know where to look.

I agree wipe is needed.

Also loot spawn system change.

Like pistols more common(and in bigger variety - yes G17 and M9 too) in the city buildings(brick buildings apartments offices etc) but rifles and shotguns less(or none).

More variety for shotguns and rifles in village buildings(wooden houses) but pistols less common.

Markets spawn ammo but no weapons.

Deer stand spawn only hunting rifles and shotguns(no pistols or auto weapons).

Fire station need to spawn enforcer weapons(shotguns pistols submachine guns not military grade).

Some enforcer weapons for industrial areas(and train stations).

Only military tents and barracks spawn military weapons and ammo.

Greatly reduce anti material rifle spawn rate(or remove them from game or make them not fit any backpack so you need to carry it all the time).

Make silenced weapons and ammo only to possible to acquire from helicopters crashes(also change loot table for them - mostly silenced weapons and some snipers).

Add more variety of weapons and ammunitions(encourage trade).

Fix tents i crawled out into cherno with broken legs got morphine crawled out survived hell stocked my tent up for the week ...wake up tents wiped ...again third time this week...three different sites ...

just finished watching that. hes a awesome person and others should listen to him.

[/quote']

Fuck that, i only just found NVG's! :P

No point wiping until all the dupe bugs and weapon spawn issues are fixed. Wiping now will only be a pain in the arse for legitimate players. The cheaters will just spawn themselves new gear and carry on.

I haven't read through all the thread but I hope to god you are planing to do something about the barbwire/tank traps, its at a point where I don't even feel like logging in because on most servers all the loot spots are being exploited with them.

I hope you are playing the game yourself and not just on a dev server rocket,

because it is getting to a point where it really breaks the game.