rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Im just gonna point out some things right quick, and this isint for anyone in particular. this is not a pissed off post.

first, the majority of these posts arint about asking for a anything other than information on "when" the update it, not a demand to have it now. Its childish to flame someone over a question on a thread about the patch that was supposed to be released.

Second, nothing is being demanded of rocket, the majority of the flamers act like hes jesus or an ex lover, dont tell me to get overmyself over a post asking about an update. There is an entire TEAM working on this, you cant tell me there isint a single team member that can relay something to us?

Third, yes it is a free mod. Yes its an alpha, there are bugs. But its also being published about in several game magazines, featured on G4, and Arma 2 is doing a SALE because of this. Of course people are going to be upset. And if rumors are true and hes getting paid for this, then he owes it to BI, and us, to give us a simple scentence. Hes the one out doing interviews about it and promoting it. And if he doesint explain it to us, imagin how all the promotions from game magazines and G4 are gonna look when they find out something that it is unplayable for NEW people, the very people they are asking to come play, cant play it. Hell IGN did a whole article on this and didint mintion it was a mod till the last paragraph.

Fourth, i dont wanna hear a single thing about his facts of life, if hes getting paid, BI will do the same thing to him that happened to Garry, free or not, they will revoke his funding if he acts an ass to his and Arma fanbase. Garry did the same thing with garrysmod, but valve told him to stop being an ass to everyone or theyed drop his game.

And fifth, you can read it on his first post, the problem is that the server only checks for numarical player IDs, its a patch that needs fixing, its a server problem that should be able to be fixed from almost anywhere by almost anyone on the Dev team.

simply put, dont advertise your mod to the world that new players cant play and not expect bitching. enough said.

Patience is a virtue

Ignorance is a bliss.

I want it now. There were zero 1.7.1 US servers left this night and it's going to take few more hours before german servers have sunlight on them. Personally I consider 1.7.1.5 unplayable.

Patience is a virtue

Ignorance is a bliss.

I want it now. There were zero 1.7.1 US servers left this night and it's going to take few more hours before german servers have sunlight on them. Personally I consider 1.7.1.5 unplayable.

Yes it would seem you have the experience to say "ignorance is bliss".

You want it now? Well boo-hoo. 1.7.1.5 is working fine. Yes it has glitches it's an alpha for crivens sake! It's totally playable. You need a little amount of PC knowledge but most experienced gamers who are used to difficult installs have no issues whatsoever.

If you find it that hard just get the SiXDownloader; That program exists precisely for people that aren't so PC savvy (and thats not a put down) so again what's the issue? It's an alpha. It's not expected to work 100% all of the time. It's a work in progress.

I was playing all last night, and the night before and the night before. Yes it's hard to get on a server sometimes, because there are far more players than Servers. That will change over time.

I wish common sense were actually common in this age. I call a vote to change this term to "uncommon sense" :D

EDIT: Not sure why I'm even responding now I see your sig. Can't really imagine someone who hates whales and dolphins could be a half decent human being.

EDIT: Not sure why I'm even responding now I see your sig. Can't really imagine someone who hates whales and dolphins could be a half decent human being.

I'd just like to point out that said sig is a reference to:

boo-hoo.

I'm guessing this is what you've grown accustomed of repeating.

Can't really imagine someone who hates whales and dolphins could be a half decent human being.

I can. Then again, I'm not limited the way you are. Enjoy polishing the ivory.

Patience is a virtue

Ignorance is a bliss.

Well I am new to Day Z and I find it very playable. I understand it was "easier" in the previous versions but an apocalypse simulation most likely wont be designed to be easy...

1)There is an entire TEAM working on this' date=' you cant tell me there isint a single team member that can relay something to us?

2) Hell IGN did a whole article on this and didint mintion it was a mod till the last paragraph.

3)simply put, dont advertise your mod to the world that new players cant play and not expect bitching. enough said.

[/quote']

I numbered these points in order to respond:

1) Maybe (And most likely) they're actually frantically working on it instead of replying to all the bitching :)

2)If you can't find out that DayZ is a mod when THIS WEBSITE IS CALLED dayzmod.com and it takes about 3 secs to Google Dayz and find loads of pages on the subject, then you probably don't have the intelligence to be playing a game like this. Maybe CoD or Counter-Strike would be more suited to your IQ level?

3) Again, most PC savvy people and the ones who really I personally would rather be playing, are the ones smart enough to figure out how to install it (which tbh is not rocket science, especially with options like the SIXINSTALLER).

So your points are null and void, since again, it's an alpha (you should probably google MOD and ALPHA, spend some time reading then come back.

You do know how to google right? Type then press GOOGLE Search not I'm Feeling Lucky :) lol

boo-hoo.

I'm guessing this is what you've grown accustomed of repeating.

YES: To babies who whinge? ABSOLUTELY

Can't really imagine someone who hates whales and dolphins could be a half decent human being.

I can. Then again' date=' I'm not limited the way you are. Enjoy polishing the ivory.

[/quote']

Strange and troubling comments. You need to go and see a professional, something is seriously wrong with you.

I'm playing DayZ and loving it, but then I'm not limited like you are, I actually know how to install mods :)

Well I am new to Day Z and I find it very playable. I understand it was "easier" in the previous versions but an apocalypse simulation most likely wont be designed to be easy...

It used to be you dying of your own mistakes' date=' not RUN FORREST, RUN. It used to keep you constantly excited when you could just about guestimate how far they will agro while crawling in towns for that precious loot your thirsty guy was looking for. Now there's zero excitement, as it just dulls you when zeds keep on agroing and running towards you, no matter what you do.

If point was to make cheap and crappy version of l4d, well, they made it. 1.7.1.5 stripped most of the features of the game that made it so unique.

[hr']

Strange and troubling comments. You need to go and see a professional' date=' something is seriously wrong with you.

I'm playing DayZ and loving it, but then I'm not limited like you are, I actually know how to install mods :)

[/quote']

Sigh.

image.png

What about update' date=' BITCH?[/size']

I can't believe somebody wasted their time with this, rather than just playing DayZ while waiting for the update.

No patience on these guys!

I will admit, the whole femur breakage thing is getting a bit old. I think there has to be at least one on every server... Some guy looting hospitals and just hoarding all the morphine just to be a sadist....

This game has turned me into a paranoid mother ****er, hasn't it XD

image.png

What about update' date=' BITCH?[/size']

I can't believe somebody wasted their time with this, rather than just playing DayZ while waiting for the update.

No patience on these guys!

Well we all know rocket is reading this with his troll face engaged. But I wont lie, screw jerry springer, if I want funny I come here.

I will admit' date=' the whole femur breakage thing is getting a bit old. I think there has to be at least one on every server... Some guy looting hospitals and just hoarding all the morphine just to be a sadist....

This game has turned me into a paranoid mother ****er, hasn't it XD

[/quote']

That would be this guy, because literally had to respawn 5 times because I got one hit leg broke by zombies. I wasn't taking any chances after that..

It's the weekend b4 4th of July. Maybe the guy is shooting off explosives.

I had no idea that July 4th was Australian Independence Day.

Probably not a good idea to call a NZlander an Australian, that's pretty insulting. Do you want even more pain in DayZ? Keep this up and we'll spawn with nothing at all, with a broken leg, blurry vision, 600 blood and surrounded by angry zombies. One tin of beans will spawn per server.

Also don't complain that all NZers do is come over and steal the women and collect the dole, that'll get them really angry.

1)There is an entire TEAM working on this' date=' you cant tell me there isint a single team member that can relay something to us?

2) Hell IGN did a whole article on this and didint mintion it was a mod till the last paragraph.

3)simply put, dont advertise your mod to the world that new players cant play and not expect bitching. enough said.

[/quote']

I numbered these points in order to respond:

1) Maybe (And most likely) they're actually frantically working on it instead of replying to all the bitching :)

2)If you can't find out that DayZ is a mod when THIS WEBSITE IS CALLED dayzmod.com and it takes about 3 secs to Google Dayz and find loads of pages on the subject, then you probably don't have the intelligence to be playing a game like this. Maybe CoD or Counter-Strike would be more suited to your IQ level?

3) Again, most PC savvy people and the ones who really I personally would rather be playing, are the ones smart enough to figure out how to install it (which tbh is not rocket science, especially with options like the SIXINSTALLER).

So your points are null and void, since again, it's an alpha (you should probably google MOD and ALPHA, spend some time reading then come back.

You do know how to google right? Type then press GOOGLE Search not I'm Feeling Lucky :) lol

I like how you nitpick the one scentence for each point that makes your arguement work for you. So ill retort one for you

1. point was, someone could say whats up.

2. I know what the DayZ mod is, but if someone finds it in PC gamer or IGN and they both review it like a game and dont mintion alpha or arma 2 till the last minute, people are gonna be confused or feel its a completed or playable game, and for new players, you cant even get in the alpha.

3. The Sixlauncher breaks the game right now. And even if your PC savy, misclicking on the wrong server gets you put in the Debug plains.

that said, debates are fun, they let us keep our minds sane.

This picture says it all. Nice one RNBJ ;)

The mindset of the ungrateful I WANT IT NOW gamer, who probably has an average age of 12 and thinks hiding behind the anonymosity of the internet grants him the right to say whatever jumbled-up hormone-crazy thoughts pop into his brain

Tip for life kids: You don't have to say everything that pops into your head. It usually ends badly. "You need to get a hold on that brain-mouth thing"

Lols. Just lols. People need to chill and relax a bit. Move on with your fucking lives. This Rocket guy is updating and developing something that usually has a WHOLE TEAM of dudes working on it like 24/7; most people posting here a bunch of ungrateful fucks who really need to learn to play for fun and not take it as a motherfucking obligation or life or death issue. Shit. Rocket, keep working at the pace you like/want/feels good man: this mod has provided myself lots of fun/laughters/good moments with friends and, to boot, some new friends. It's a hell of a idea (coming from a zombie survival aficcionado/mil sim fan) and it's being designed wonderfully, all thanks to you!

Lols. Just lols. People need to chill and relax a bit. Move on with your fucking lives. This Rocket guy is updating and developing something that usually has a WHOLE TEAM of dudes working on it like 24/7; most people posting here a bunch of ungrateful fucks who really need to learn to play for fun and not take it as a motherfucking obligation or life or death issue. Shit. Rocket, keep working at the pace you like/want/feels good man: this mod has provided myself lots of fun/laughters/good moments with friends and, to boot, some new friends. It's a hell of a idea (coming from a zombie survival aficcionado/mil sim fan) and it's being designed wonderfully, all thanks to you!

blah blah blah

"DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS" you mean?

thinks hiding behind the anonymosity of the internet grants him the right to say whatever

Yes, and im saying. I have right. Do you like it or not.

I'm not so concerned about the patch itself anymore. I uninstalled Arma 2 so that I could get some extra work done this weekend. Mission accomplished.

I really just want to know if Rocket is ok. I'm beginning to worry. Usually he'd update us and say "sorry... pushing the patch back a week to work on _____" but we're not hearing anything.

I don't think people are complaining about no patch as much as they are complaining about no communication. People hate it when bigger developers fail to communicate with them, the same thing is here.

If Rocket isn't communicating, then something serious might have gone down. He's usually very connected with us.

Nobody was bitching (well... not as much as right now) during E3 when we knew why he was away. Not knowing is just unsettling for many people.

I'm not so concerned about the patch itself anymore. I uninstalled Arma 2 so that I could get some extra work done this weekend. Mission accomplished.

I really just want to know if Rocket is ok. I'm beginning to worry. Usually he'd update us and say "sorry... pushing the patch back a week to work on _____" but we're not hearing anything.

I don't think people are complaining about no patch as much as they are complaining about no communication. People hate it when bigger developers fail to communicate with them, the same thing is here. If Rocket isn't communicating, then something serious might have gone down.

good post, sleep with me

Lols. Just lols. People need to chill and relax a bit. Move on with your fucking lives. This Rocket guy is updating and developing something that usually has a WHOLE TEAM of dudes working on it like 24/7; most people posting here a bunch of ungrateful fucks who really need to learn to play for fun and not take it as a motherfucking obligation or life or death issue. Shit. Rocket' date=' keep working at the pace you like/want/feels good man: this mod has provided myself lots of fun/laughters/good moments with friends and, to boot, some new friends. It's a hell of a idea (coming from a zombie survival aficcionado/mil sim fan) and it's being designed wonderfully, all thanks to you! [/quote']

blah blah blah

"DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS" you mean?

Brushing-teeth-no-homo.gif