rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Perhaps this is just another experiment on Rocket's part? Post info about an update' date=' then go silent. See what happens, how people react, how they treat each other.

Just like in the game; survivors wandering a hostile wasteland (this thread), avoiding the infected (the dumb), searching for any bits of scrap to survive on (patch notes), with no hint of any relief on the horizon, or any answers to why we are in this situation.

Its a game within a game. Its Dayzception.

[/quote']

Or its his signature in creation, the DayZ IRL

I think you will find the thread is called "Pending Update: Build 1.7.2" ... Nothing about asking questions or giving answers.

I see it right in the title. a thread about information on the pending update. If it was meant for no discussion it would of been locked when it was created.

Side note' date=' isint it ironic that Arma III was supposed to be spring 2012 and its now summer with no information and noone seems to care? lmao

[/quote']

People are bringing up all kinds of laws, Demanding this, Demanding that .. Thinking that Rocket owes us something ... It just annoys me that people are here complaining about a free mod.

Have some patients.

I get where your coming from, but it annoys me that people think i dont have a right to an opinion as to what im entitiled to or not, its all speculation, not grab the pitchforks and go burn him at the stake.

You have as much right to an opinion here as anybody else, Opinions may not match but hey ..... Such is life. :)

see an agreement has formed. =D

:D

I see it right in the title. a thread about information on the pending update. If it was meant for no discussion it would of been locked when it was created.

Side note' date=' isint it ironic that Arma III was supposed to be spring 2012 and its now summer with no information and noone seems to care? lmao

[/quote']

People are bringing up all kinds of laws, Demanding this, Demanding that .. Thinking that Rocket owes us something ... It just annoys me that people are here complaining about a free mod.

Have some patients.

I get where your coming from, but it annoys me that people think i dont have a right to an opinion as to what im entitiled to or not, its all speculation, not grab the pitchforks and go burn him at the stake.

You have as much right to an opinion here as anybody else, Opinions may not match but hey ..... Such is life. :)

see an agreement has formed. =D

Don't think i wont pop a cap in yo ass lol. :D

this thread has grown into kids rage-quoting themselves, talking trash about legal stuff which has absolutely no relevance to the topic, how much worse can this world get? i mean, kids talking like lawyers! the apocalypse is already upon us.

if i were rocket, i would leave this place behind and get as far away as i can, probably settle off to an untouched island and never come back. if one deserves to survive, its him.

Given enough time, any high-profile internet thread will devolve into either idiotic rehashed arguments about religion or politics or other ad hominem-ridden drivel. What seems to be a common characteristic is this mind-numbingly irritating tendency of people to post shit that they haven't spent more than 2 seconds thinking about. Said shit then irritates other readers and stirs the same reaction, making it a vicious cycle where people can't seem to refrain from swearing at each other's dumb faces. Case in point.

Anyway yes, technically we are not ENTITLED anything but complete radio silence without prior explanation from rocket on the forums/twitter for what - 4 days now? Come on, that is understandably something people will be annoyed at considering how active he has been at communicating in the past.

It's the weekend b4 4th of July. Maybe the guy is shooting off explosives. Good grief guys. Relax, maybe he's waiting for all you people to stop bitching. Dayz is free, rocket owes us nothing, he's already given us a bad ass zombie mod. Play and enjoy it for what it is right now and wait for the patch or don't friggen play

It's the weekend b4 4th of July. Maybe the guy is shooting off explosives.

I had no idea that July 4th was Australian Independence Day.

It's the weekend b4 4th of July. Maybe the guy is shooting off explosives.

I had no idea that July 4th was Australian Independence Day.

I thought he was from NZ?

Anyway, here's a joke:

Q: How does Bob Marley like his doughnuts?

A: Wi' jam' in.

Haha. Ha.

EDIT: It is actually pretty funny that the guy thinks the whole world celebrates the American Independence day. Funny in a sort of scary way.

He's making this shit for free. Play the game as it is or find another way to occupy your time until he gets around to donating some free time to this free mod for your entitled ass to be happy.

I'm sorry' date=' but that's just not accurate. he works for BIS and this 'free mod' is currently making them lots of money

I don't care, but the idea that he's just some user doing this in his free time is false

[/quote']

No, I understand Rocket's relationship with BIS. And I understand that DayZ has made them a lot of money. Just like popular mods such as Fall From Heaven and Rhye's and Fall of Civilization did for Civilization 4, Magna Mundi did for Europa Universalis 3, and Pop Demand Mod have done for Victoria 2(among numerous others).

In fact, some of those examples and many others also include the game developer contracting with the mod designers(I know this isn't exactly the same as this case but it's close enough). And yet, none of that changes the fact that you didn't pay for the mod, you paid for the game.

I am among the many who bought Arma 2 just for DayZ, but I'm still not going to sit here and say I deserve fucking anything from Rocket because whether he works for BIS or not, he's still making a mod independently and I still didn't pay jackshit for this mod. In fact, I've grown to enjoy Arma 2 without DayZ and I am glad that I actually paid for that. And we deserve community attention, patches, and the upholding of promises from BIS on Arma 2(which they've come through on on all accounts). But nothing from Rocket on DayZ. Whatever he gives us, we should be thankful for.

It's the weekend b4 4th of July. Maybe the guy is shooting off explosives. Good grief guys. Relax' date=' maybe he's waiting for all you people to stop bitching. Dayz is free, rocket owes us nothing, he's already given us a bad ass zombie mod. Play and enjoy it for what it is right now and wait for the patch or don't friggen play

[/quote']

I think the problem here is that we cant play.

He's making this shit for free. Play the game as it is or find another way to occupy your time until he gets around to donating some free time to this free mod for your entitled ass to be happy.

I'm sorry' date=' but that's just not accurate. he works for BIS and this 'free mod' is currently making them lots of money

I don't care, but the idea that he's just some user doing this in his free time is false

[/quote']

No, I understand Rocket's relationship with BIS. And I understand that DayZ has made them a lot of money. Just like popular mods such as Fall From Heaven and Rhye's and Fall of Civilization did for Civilization 4, Magna Mundi did for Europa Universalis 3, and Pop Demand Mod have done for Victoria 2(among numerous others).

In fact, some of those examples and many others also include the game developer contracting with the mod designers(I know this isn't exactly the same as this case but it's close enough). And yet, none of that changes the fact that you didn't pay for the mod, you paid for the game.

I am among the many who bought Arma 2 just for DayZ, but I'm still not going to sit here and say I deserve fucking anything from Rocket because whether he works for BIS or not, he's still making a mod independently and I still didn't pay jackshit for this mod. In fact, I've grown to enjoy Arma 2 without DayZ and I am glad that I actually paid for that. And we deserve community attention, patches, and the upholding of promises from BIS on Arma 2(which they've come through on on all accounts). But nothing from Rocket on DayZ. Whatever he gives us, we should be thankful for.

my post was only about this idea that he's just a user doing this in his free time

I didn't say anything about buying Arma or what I "deserve"

I think its quite obvious something has happened, perhaps serious, who knows. For what he has given us so far lets give Rocket the benefit of the doubt and get off his back. He's a top guy and an awesome dev. I mean for all you people wanting refunds know he could have been called to a meeting to discuss the future of the dayz stand-alone project !!

If it was up to me id give you all refunds......just to have the satisfaction of knowing the DayZ community was a few selfish pricks less.

I think its quite obvious something has happened' date=' perhaps serious, who knows. For what he has given us so far lets give Rocket the benefit of the doubt and get off his back. He's a top guy and an awesome dev. I mean for all you people wanting refunds know he could have been called to a meeting to discuss the future of the dayz stand-alone project !!

If it was up to me id give you all refunds......just to have the satisfaction of knowing the DayZ community was a few selfish pricks less.

[/quote']

stop it. out of 2500+ posts in this thread, no one has said anything about a "refund"

I think its quite obvious something has happened' date=' perhaps serious, who knows. For what he has given us so far lets give Rocket the benefit of the doubt and get off his back. He's a top guy and an awesome dev. I mean for all you people wanting refunds know he could have been called to a meeting to discuss the future of the dayz stand-alone project !!

[/quote']

stop it. out of 2500+ posts in this thread, no one has said anything about a "refund"

I think its clear what they are getting at when they say their $30 has been burned and they only bought arma 2 for dayz. Blatantly clear. Dont pick a fight with me man im one of the good guys. Just makes me sad that people turn sour the second their "bowl is empty".

You're all a bunch of dicks for thinking you deserve something back from Rocket/BI.

That is all.

We paid for the game, of course we deserve something from BIS, not from rocket.

You're all a bunch of dicks for thinking you deserve something back from Rocket/BI.

That is all.

We paid for the game' date=' of course we deserve something from BIS, not from rocket.

[/quote']

All you deserve from BIS is updates/patches, which you get.

What does BIS owe you exactly?

This is a thread about the patch, not arguing over something pointless.

This is a thread about the patch' date=' not arguing over something pointless.

[/quote']

Everything is pointless. For example, any argument trying to justify existence is filled with mere make believe. So yeah, what did you expect.

I think froggy is trying to get some from miss piggy.

That's all.

Hi Rocket & Team and everyone else who deserves a hello (ie not the whingin poms)!

Firstly this is my first post and though I doubt Dean will read this due to the high amount of negative posts in this thread, I want to express my sheer joy and gratitude in regards to DayZ. I absolutely love it! I have some interesting Ideas on some additions to the mod, but that's for a later discussion. ROCKET YOU FRIGGIN ROCK!:)

Everybody needs to just chill out. The patch is pending and obviously they are hard at work working on it. Wouldn't you rather they work on the patch? OR would you prefer they sit around typing replies to all the immature, aggressive, nasty, negative, ungrateful and downright disrespectful Forum Posts?

Those who realise how commited Rocket and Co are to this project aren't worried. The only ones bitchin' and whingin' around here are the "I want everything NOW damnit" generation.

Patience is a virtue (which not many seem to have nowadays )

Regards