rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I would be satisfied if he got on, called us all dickfaces, deleted the mod and had sex with my mother, at least id know something.

I would be satisfied if he got on' date=' called us all dickfaces, deleted the mod and had sex with my mother, at least id know something.

[/quote']

In that case I might have good news for you, check the new update!

Hey, just kidding. I can never let a mother joke just lie there.

Somehow I don't get why ppl are whining about not being able to play? What's the problem? O_o

The patch was supposed to be out a week ago' date=' he went from what ive seen, keeping in touch with the community daily, to nothing in 4 days, not even on the twitter stream. If hes dead, we will feel like shit, if hes alive then i still hold to my opinion we deserve to know wtf. Could you imagine if he goes to Q n A session with a game magizine and they ask "what the hell is wrong with the hundreds if not thousands of people that cant access your game?" BI would distance themselfs so far from its not even funny. He either knows and is ignoring, or he doesint and is ignoring. He is actively promoting the mod that many new players can access and not many people are going to attempt to play after the first "Cannot connect to server wrong version". He obviously wants all the press he can get if hes promoting it.

EDIT- "Quote: Battlefield 3 went months without hearing shit of an upcoming patch, and that was relatively short compared to many other game development cycles.

Shut the fuck up, Rocket keeps us overloaded with updates and details. Hell, most developers don't even TALK to the community on a regular basis, much less DELIVER patches."

EA sucks dick, thats my whole arguement to that. And hes the one that said we get a patch -7 days ago, not me.

[/quote']

This is an example of who not to be. So what if dayz isn't working. You paid for a game, arma II. Now as a community, myself included, I have been pissed all last week, let's pull our panties out of our ass crack and chill out!

I would be satisfied if he got on' date=' called us all dickfaces, deleted the mod and had sex with my mother, at least id know something.

[/quote']

exactly, lemme call my mom and see if she knows something

The patch was supposed to be out a week ago' date=' he went from what ive seen, keeping in touch with the community daily, to nothing in 4 days, not even on the twitter stream. If hes dead, we will feel like shit, if hes alive then i still hold to my opinion we deserve to know wtf. Could you imagine if he goes to Q n A session with a game magizine and they ask "what the hell is wrong with the hundreds if not thousands of people that cant access your game?" BI would distance themselfs so far from its not even funny. He either knows and is ignoring, or he doesint and is ignoring. He is actively promoting the mod that many new players can access and not many people are going to attempt to play after the first "Cannot connect to server wrong version". He obviously wants all the press he can get if hes promoting it.

EDIT- "Quote: Battlefield 3 went months without hearing shit of an upcoming patch, and that was relatively short compared to many other game development cycles.

Shut the fuck up, Rocket keeps us overloaded with updates and details. Hell, most developers don't even TALK to the community on a regular basis, much less DELIVER patches."

EA sucks dick, thats my whole arguement to that. And hes the one that said we get a patch -7 days ago, not me.

[/quote']

You're right, we DESERVE an update on this free mod.

Get over yourself, jackass. No you fucking don't deserve anything from the creator of a free mod. He'll get to it. Who cares if he promised an update? He's making this shit for free. Play the game as it is or find another way to occupy your time until he gets around to donating some free time to this free mod for your entitled ass to be happy.

sometimes...i wish he would just kill the mod....so you cunts would stfu already..

The patch was supposed to be out a week ago' date=' he went from what ive seen, keeping in touch with the community daily, to nothing in 4 days, not even on the twitter stream. If hes dead, we will feel like shit, if hes alive then i still hold to my opinion [b']we deserve to know wtf. Could you imagine if he goes to Q n A session with a game magizine and they ask "what the hell is wrong with the hundreds if not thousands of people that cant access your game?" BI would distance themselfs so far from its not even funny. He either knows and is ignoring, or he doesint and is ignoring. He is actively promoting the mod that many new players can access and not many people are going to attempt to play after the first "Cannot connect to server wrong version". He obviously wants all the press he can get if hes promoting it.

No, we dont DESERVE shit.

Actually, your whole post is so full of shit i'm not even sure if your just trolling.

What you people don't seem to understand is you've not paid for this. Rocket has no obligation to satisfy your needs, or even acknowledge your existance.

Even if you had paid for DayZ (which i'll remind you again, you haven't), You would have paid for the game AS IS, in the form it was in when payment was made. I'm sick of people making pointless demands for patches for games. Its a fact of life that a developer cant code for all eventualities, because they don't know what those eventualities will be. If a developer did happen to know every possible issue that their software could have, i'd suggest they stop making fucking video games and switch their attention to curing cancer, or something that actually matters.

Hmm. that drifted off a bit. My point is, if you're not happy with the current development process, go play something else and come back in six months when development has moved on a bit. Expecting Rocket to work full time (and then some) on a project and keep YOU updated all the time is a bit much. Downtime is a necessary part of development. If your brain is fried, the coding will go to shit, and you'll be the first to moan about it.

He's making this shit for free. Play the game as it is or find another way to occupy your time until he gets around to donating some free time to this free mod for your entitled ass to be happy.

I'm sorry, but that's just not accurate. he works for BIS and this 'free mod' is currently making them lots of money

I don't care, but the idea that he's just some user doing this in his free time is false

thanks! i really love you guys for making this mod keep up the great work!

He's making this shit for free. Play the game as it is or find another way to occupy your time until he gets around to donating some free time to this free mod for your entitled ass to be happy.

I'm sorry' date=' but that's just not accurate. he works for BIS and this 'free mod' is currently making them lots of money

I don't care, but the idea that he's just some user doing this in his free time is false

[/quote']

ok to get this straight... He did make it, on his free time. Then he got hired to work on it full time. Thank BIS for that! :) Now, everyone. It's 02.07.2012 for me, so the patch might be just around the corner.

[/quote']

In that case I might have good news for you, check the new update!

Hey, just kidding. I can never let a mother joke just lie there.

Thats what she did!

06-22-2012, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2012 02:46 AM by rocket.)

hence 6-28-2012.................. MONDAY is this next monday! so people need to relax , go do something else if you cant play it right now.

06-22-2012' date=' 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2012 02:46 AM by rocket.)

hence 6-28-2012.................. MONDAY is this next monday! so people need to relax , go do something else if you cant play it right now.

[/quote']

no

Edit- Wait, if what this guy says is true, we all are IN THE PAST, woooooweeeeewooooooo

Although if that is the case, he still could stop all this bitching with a simple confermation

I'm sorry' date=' but that's just not accurate. he works for BIS and this 'free mod' is currently making them lots of money

[/quote']

It don't matter how much money BI are making from this mod, The fact is that Rocket started making this mod in his free time & because hes a game designer for BI he knows the ARMA engine well.

Rumor has it BI asked Rocket to work solely on this mod because of it recent great sales, Although Rocket is getting paid by BI for developing this mod the fact of the matter is this mod is still free to us.

At the end of the day you didn't buy DayZ, You bought ARMA II.

Some people seriously need to get a "real" life, Go outside .....

[/quote']

It don't matter how much money BI are making from this mod, The fact is that Rocket started making this mod in his free time & because hes a game designer for BI he knows the ARMA engine well.

Rumor has it BI asked Rocket to work solely on this mod because of it recent great sales, Although Rocket is getting paid by BI for developing this mod the fact of the matter is this mod is still free to us.

If BI is paying him, first off, you cant just not show up at your job for several days because you felt like a vacation. Second if BI is paying him to make the mod then yes, we are PAYING for it by buying Arma 2, and Legaly speaking if BI is implying we can play this game, alpha or not, its their ass.

Some people seriously need to get a "real" life' date=' Go outside ..... [/quote']

Says the person yelling at people on a thread meant for answers about why we shouldint get answers. and im not going outside, its 105 damn degrees right now.

[/quote']

Dear God! It is all a conspiracy!

HAHAHAHAHA.

HEY DAYZ COMMUNITY! On the count of three let's all pull our head out of our ass. ONE...

TWO...

THREE...

[/quote']

Dear God! It is all a conspiracy!

HAHAHAHAHA.

HEY DAYZ COMMUNITY! On the count of three let's all pull our head out of our ass. ONE...

TWO...

THREE...

~pop~ Omg i can smell again!!!

[/quote']

If BI is paying him, first off, you cant just not show up at your job for several days because you felt like a vacation. Second if BI is paying him to make the mod then yes, we are PAYING for it by buying Arma 2, and Legaly speaking if BI is implying we can play this game, alpha or not, its their ass.

You are a complete retard.

DayZ is a free alpha-stage mod.

You are entitled to nothing, regardless of where the mod's development funding comes from.

If BI is paying him' date=' first off, you cant just not show up at your job for several days because you felt like a vacation. Second if BI is paying him to make the mod then yes, we are PAYING for it by buying Arma 2, and Legaly speaking if BI is implying we can play this game, alpha or not, its their ass.

[/quote']

noone pays anyone for this mod, except rocket with his free time.

[/quote']

You are a complete retard.

DayZ is a free alpha-stage mod.

You are entitled to nothing, regardless of where the mod's development funding comes from.

According to the UCC, yea we are entitled something.

If BI is paying him' date=' first off, you cant just not show up at your job for several days because you felt like a vacation. Second if BI is paying him to make the mod then yes, we are PAYING for it by buying Arma 2, and Legaly speaking if BI is implying we can play this game, alpha or not, its their ass.

[/quote']

you sound like damn a fool. an employer can assign you any project or job at their company. hes not under contract for dayz. he is employed by bi, and no there is no fucking legal matter anywhere here. do some research and get an education dude. learn how shit works. then come back.

i dont know what this ucc thing is, and i dont know where you are, but here there is no such thing. there is no world gov. there is no court on the planet going to get in an uproar about no contact for less then a week. it is nobody's ass. grow up dude. my receipt says arma. yours must say dayz. doubt it.

[/quote']

you sound like damn a fool. an employer can assign you any project or job at their company. hes not under contract for dayz. he is employed by the bi, and no there is no fucking legal mater anywhere here. do some research and get an education dude. learn how shit works. then come back.

Check the UCC then tell me im uneducated, If he is employed by BI to make the mod for their game, and BI is implying that DAYZ is able to be played if you buy Arma II, and they have, they are legally liable for false advertising under the Universal Contract Code many countrys adopted.