rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

keep the barbed wire in but make it so you cant set it up at doors or set it up about 3 - 4metres away from the door, its a pain in the arse when some1 has covered doors with wire and tank traps and there is no way in

Fancy slowing down the animations of the zeds a bit? They're so fast that it appears jittery it seems. Also making them run directly at you in a straight line instead of zig-zagging would be cool.

That will be happening' date=' possibly along with infected running inside buildings. Again, this all needs huge amounts of testing and I am reluctant to fuck up everything given the current build is pretty stable.

1.7.2 has some really fundamental changes in the way it is constructed, mainly geared towards performance and security. As such, this really needs to be tested very thoroughly even before it is released out to everyone here. I'm digesting as much as I can from the thread about what people want to see in it, but 1.7.2 will probably mainly focus on the rebuilding of the architecture of the "how" for infected.

I've also revised the infected spawning methods, it feels much smoother to me as well now.

[/quote']dont have em running in buildings! i will shit my pants!!

Adding more vehicles isn't the solution, they will lead to more trolling: ppl "racing" all over the map nosense.

I would like to see the vehicles completely removed from the mod, actually they are collected mostly by clans with other vehicles: with a vehicle you can scout the map regularry and fast, and so find othr vehicles before anyone else, and find those crash sites before others, it's also easier to collect and transport the repairing parts for em.. so it's like giving vehiles to ppl that already own them, rather than the "normal" players.

That's why you don't find a vehicle: because they are kept and repaired immediatly by the clans.

main problem with not-finding vehicles is coz they are hoarded off map, and if you don't own a vehicle, you can't get there.

Adding more vehicles isn't the solution' date=' they will lead to more trolling: ppl "racing" all over the map nosense.

I would like to see the vehicles completely removed from the mod, actually they are collected mostly by clans with other vehicles: with a vehicle you can scout the map regularry and fast, and so find othr vehicles before anyone else, and find those crash sites before others, it's also easier to collect and transport the repairing parts for em.. so it's like giving vehiles to ppl that already own them, rather than the "normal" players.

That's why you don't find a vehicle: because they are kept and repaired immediatly by the clans.

[/quote']

So? Than take them from clans... If no one know who you are... you can wipe out a whole squad and take their stuff :)

This is realistic survival game.... and there should be option to repair your own car/bike.

That's the beauty of this mod... if you don't like it... than don't use it... :)

Adding more vehicles isn't the solution' date=' they will lead to more trolling: ppl "racing" all over the map nosense.

[/quote']

Im inclined to agree all the vehicles are not going to be available to all players.

Ive been in probably 60+ hours and neither me or the lads i play with have ever seen a vehicle with the exception of a pushbike.

We try and play our own style of game and leave most others alone but there already is area's that are no go for players like us, like the main airfield for eg we have tried but too many deaths from snipers spoil it for us.

I get it that that's someone else s style of play and thats fine but when it makes part of the map unapproachable its a shame.

Unfortunately its turning into a them and us game, the times we get killed by snipers or gangs whilst we are a noob is stupid.

What would they possibly have to gain.. maybe my torch batteries are better than theirs.:P

* [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

* [FIXED] Hatchet/Crowbar requires reloading ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34903 )

* [FIXED] Unlimited Wire fence/Sandbag/Tank Trap Bug ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34283 )

* [FIXED] Duplication Exploit on object pickup ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/34031 )

* [FIXED] Not full magazines disappear when you reconnect ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33998 )

Sounds like this build is shaping up nicely. :)

Rocket, have you considered letting server owners decide if side chat should be on or off?

Sounds like this build is shaping up nicely. :)

Rocket' date=' have you considered letting server owners decide if side chat should be on or off?

[/quote']

I'm 100% on you with this one, i miss the times were i could chat with other players, fun times fun times.

I have a idea to avoid server hopping:

A timer that increases the loot chance/blood/speed WHAT EVER. And this timer always restarts when someone is going on a new server. Maybe a reason to stay on the same server and not log out, get behind the enemy, log in and shoot him in the back -_-

But who can define when a fight begins. If somebody is shooting in the air and you are near or if he shooting a animal ? Or if he shoots you ?

[/quote']

So? Than take them from clans... If no one know who you are... you can wipe out a whole squad and take their stuff :)

This is realistic survival game.... and there should be option to repair your own car/bike.

That's the beauty of this mod... if you don't like it... than don't use it... :)

You can't take our vehicles if you don't own a vehicle already.. believe me. :)

Just to let you know: i'm not criticizing the vehicle spawning because it goes against me: i plan with a clan/gang. Like many other clans here, i may just be quiet and push this type of gameplay, after all it's a profit for us! ...i'm not an "angel", but it's getting bored here: playing with a clan in teamspeak and having ten persons riding the map is a way too easy, and i recognize that a single (or just a couple of persons), scouting the map on their own foots, have a very low chance of finding a vehicle (before we "secure" it elsewhere), and even more lower chances to repair it in time (because they cannot transport all the parts together): when a clan scouts for new vehicles, they are owning already the vehicles parts (stored into other vehicles), they don't need to search for em.. they just find the vehicle, repair it in 30 seconds, and take it away offmap.

But who can define when a fight begins. If somebody is shooting in the air and you are near or if he shooting a animal ? Or if he shoots you ?

More simple: When pressing disconnect/ALT+F4/Power off your PC your character remains ingame for 2 minutes.

So if someone tries to escape using a disconnect, he will actually make it more easier for his opponent to kill him :)

Easiest way ....

Put a 1 - 2 min time so that your character stays put 1 - 2 mins AFTER you log out BY ANY MEANS.

This way you are pretty much force to go fine a safe place so log before you actually log out.

More simple: When pressing disconnect/ALT+F4/Power off your PC your character remains ingame for 2 minutes.

So if someone tries to escape using a disconnect' date=' he will actually make it more easier for his opponent to kill him :)

[/quote']

Ahh beat me too it, But hit the nail on the head.

But upon doing the 2 min logout plan we would maybe have to wait 2 mins before we could log into another server so our character can clear from the server we just left.

If he is shot, he will bleed, if he bleeds, he is in a fight.

Server hopping is the easiest thing in the world to fix by simply removing persistent location tracking across servers. Keep persitence within a single server, and keep persistent health/inventory tracking across all servers (or don't, I don't care). Make it so that if I spawn on server 1 and hike north, then hop to server 2 I spawn back on the coast. If I then head west before hopping back to server 1 I reappear wherever I last was on Server 1, and the same when I go back to server 2.

A 1-2 min timer seems excessive to me

Why because if I'm logging off for the night and find a safe place whats to stop a player that's only armed with an axe coming across my character and seeing that it's not reacting to them and hacking it to death and looting the body

I mean i don't want to do the right thing just to log on and find i have to start again all because my character was just a sitting duck for 1 - 2 mins after i logged off

just my two cents

Nyarhra

You can't take our vehicles if you don't own a vehicle already.. believe me. :)

...snip...

they just find the vehicle' date=' repair it in 30 seconds, and take it away offmap.

[/quote']

This fucks me off and shouldn't be allowed. If you save a vehicle off map it should be lost when you log out. Same as tents and anything you put in it. Off map? Lost.

It's taking the vehicles and equipment out of the game for everyone else and should be discouraged.

Server hopping is the easiest thing in the world to fix by simply removing persistent location tracking across servers. Keep persitence within a single server' date=' and keep persistent health/inventory tracking across all servers (or don't, I don't care). Make it so that if I spawn on server 1 and hike north, then hop to server 2 I spawn back on the coast. If I then head west before hopping back to server 1 I reappear wherever I last was on Server 1, and the same when I go back to server 2.

[/quote']

Very BAD idea, this would cause a lot MORE spawn killing than there already is. People camping the coast to kill people logging in to get the best stuff in the game.

Make it so that if I spawn on server 1 and hike north' date=' then hop to server 2 I spawn back on the coast. If I then head west before hopping back to server 1 I reappear wherever I last was on Server 1, and the same when I go back to server 2.

[/quote']

So I choose one server, go to a hospital roof and logoff there.

Then, if I get a broken leg on any other server, I just jump back to my "hospital" server and look for morphine.

Same applies to the barracks, or any other valuable building. Plus, it allows me to solo on a server, but still be at my camp in my home server.

Not exploitable at all.

Resetting the location across all servers if you log on to several servers too quickly is a better solution.

For everyone talking about zombies i think the best bet would really be to increase their strength even more, and if the new update increases performance that much having double or more the spawn rate but have them allot slower. That way there might be at least 100 slow zombies on a city and shooting a gun would basically alert the whole city. Even slow if they got alerted with so many zombies on a city there was bound to be at least 10/20 around him and while he was shooting more would start coming. People would think twice before shooting a gun in a city and raids would have to be really fast cause most likely zombies would be alerted.