rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

All I want is tent consistency. That is it.

I managed to put a tent down, and the server was gonna reset, so I packed it up...and to test something, I wanted to put the tent down again in the EXACT same spot and it wouldn't let me. Circled around the flat area for about 10 minutes.

That isn't even the worst. I couldn't even put my tent down in the middle of a huge field in about 15 places that were "flat" and "clear of other objects". PS: also had 2 tents eaten, probably a server issue

Well, there is a problem with ammo for FAL, PP-19, SVD - this ammo is impossible to find without weapon that uses this ammo, this was fixed only for AK-74s. Please, fix this for other guns.

Alright everyone' date=' hear me out. Don't call me crazy, 'cause I know you want to.

Rocket, would it be possible to reduce the likelihood of weapons and ammo being spawned (excluding crowbars and fireaxes)? I feel like it could detract from all the banditry, and really, how many weapons would you actually find in this kind of scenario?

A problem that's initially pretty obvious to me, of course, is gun collectors; People who'll kill others for their weapon because it's better. I don't know, though, it might be worth a shot. Guns don't feel scarce enough for me, aside from the really, really good stuff.

Anyway, looking forward to the potential performance boost. Hopefully I'll actually breach the 20 FPS threshold! :D

[/quote']

the only thing that will reduce banditry is in game punishment for killing someone:

1 damage reflect(would be very fun with 100% reflect)

2 broken bones or other, random effects.

ofcourse thing like that should be setup by server admin, not the global for mod.

or just make that server admin could disable pvp.

of course this can result that pvp servers will be overwhelmed by bandits, and everyone will shot on sight, which could be also or even more fun. :)

on the other hand turning pvp off mean on less threat a thus zombies should get buff(bigger agro range more damage, chance to proc effects)

Rocket,

Haven't heard anything from you in a while. How is the update going? So excited to see if anything else makes it into 1.7.2

Alright everyone' date=' hear me out. Don't call me crazy, 'cause I know you want to.

Rocket, would it be possible to reduce the likelihood of weapons and ammo being spawned (excluding crowbars and fireaxes)? I feel like it could detract from all the banditry, and really, how many weapons would you actually find in this kind of scenario?

A problem that's initially pretty obvious to me, of course, is gun collectors; People who'll kill others for their weapon because it's better. I don't know, though, it might be worth a shot. Guns don't feel scarce enough for me, aside from the really, really good stuff.

Anyway, looking forward to the potential performance boost. Hopefully I'll actually breach the 20 FPS threshold! :D

[/quote']

the only thing that will reduce banditry is in game punishment for killing someone:

1 damage reflect(would be very fun with 100% reflect)

2 broken bones or other, random effects.

ofcourse thing like that should be setup by server admin, not the global for mod.

or just make that server admin could disable pvp.

of course this can result that pvp servers will be overwhelmed by bandits, and everyone will shot on sight, which could be also or even more fun. :)

on the other hand turning pvp off mean on less threat a thus zombies should get buff(bigger agro range more damage, chance to proc effects)

This stuff has been suggested in the suggestions thread already, and usually rejected.

"A" for effort, though.

That isn't a bug, when some does 'hide body', you still hear flies, but there isn't a body anymore.

Fogs effect on sound transmission is not negligible' date=' in fact fog dampens sound noticeably, especially high frequency sounds. Why do you think fog horns uses low frequency sounds?

[/quote']

Low-frequency waves also travel further, really.

Is there a way you could add zombie in the woods? Like a group of say 10 just here and there in the wooded areas of the map. And maybe some cabins like a hunting cabins and such area with zombies of course.

Even better idea would bring the dogs in DayZ. If the humans die who feeds the dogs? No one so they would attack. Make like packs of maybe 3 dogs. That would be cool. Great job on this mod team...

I also pray that the FN FAL can take DMR magazines. Same with the Bizon to take M9SD and MP5SD6 magazines. You know you want to, Rocket! :P

I also pray that the FN FAL can take DMR magazines. Same with the Bizon to take M9SD and MP5SD6 magazines. You know you want to' date=' Rocket! :P

[/quote']

Love the FNL, just hard to find ammo for it.

FN Fal are so common at heli crashes that it is getting annoying.

In the last 9 heli crashes ive found' date=' i have seen at least 6/7 FALS, and also 1 fal with the scope. But not much ammo which is weird.

[/quote']be happy. i was on atleast 20 crash sites and NOTHING? :) never found anything.

maybe it was always allready looted?

Will you be able to combine makarov mags into mags for bizon?

Taht would be good.

And ammo boxes in general. Its just plain dumb that I need to find another STANAG mag for my 5.56mm Rifle just because I cannot take the M249 ones. Not to mention that if the ammo count is persistent in the future there is a lot too little ammo for the amount of zombies which are around. Even worthless buildings with no loot spawns have 5 zombies around them.

And to the people having no clue:

9mm PM is not 9mm Parabellum and not 9mm PMM (but almost).

And 9mm PM is always sub sonic. While 9mm PMM isn't. And 9mm Parabellum is a whole different thing.

The "PM" in the Makarov name has nothing to do with the ammo type. PM means Pistolet Makarova. It uses standard 9x18mm ball ammo. 1,050 ft/s is not subsonic at all. I guess my 950 ft/s .45ACP standard ball ammo in my real 1911 is apparently subsonic to your standards.

Also like how you go on about how it would be good if the Bizon took Makarov ammo when you go on about how 9x19mm is a whole different thing then the 9x18mm Makarov rounds. Yes, there's quite a few different Bizon variants that fire rounds such as the 9x18mm rounds, but that's not the one in the game. The one in the game fires 9x19mm.

The "PM" in the Makarov name has nothing to do with the ammo type. PM means Pistolet Makarova. It uses standard 9x18mm ball ammo. 1' date='050 ft/s is not subsonic at all. I guess my 950 ft/s .45ACP standard ball ammo in my real 1911 is apparently subsonic to your standards.

Also like how you go on about how it would be good if the Bizon took Makarov ammo when you go on about how 9x19mm is a whole different thing then the 9x18mm Makarov rounds. Yes, there's quite a few different Bizon variants that fire rounds such as the 9x18mm rounds, but that's not the one in the game. The one in the game fires 9x19mm.

[/quote']

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_sound

O_o

And doesn't it have a 64 round magazine?

The 9mm Parabellum version comes with a 53 round magazine.

1' date='050 ft/s is not subsonic at all. I guess my 950 ft/s .45ACP standard ball ammo in my real 1911 is apparently subsonic to your standards.

[/quote']

Yay!!! Finally gun talk. So what do you think, when SHTF: 9mm Para, 40 S&W or 10mm Auto? ... and how about .357 Sig? ... after all we could use the ogival projectiles of the 9mm Para (.355 < .3555) and the casings of the 40 S&W... ... i am a bit concerned about over-penetration though ... and generally speaking does 9mm Para have the manstopping power needed? :P

Don't ask me man, it says 9x19mm on it in the game too, at least that's what the owner of a Bizon has told me, along with the DayZ wiki. That's why I kept saying the 9x18mm rounds from the Makarov doesn't make sense.

Also on the subsonic, yeah, my bad, 9x18mm is just BARELY subsonic. I haven't slept in quite some time...

1' date='050 ft/s is not subsonic at all. I guess my 950 ft/s .45ACP standard ball ammo in my real 1911 is apparently subsonic to your standards.

[/quote']

Yay!!! Finally gun talk. So what do you think, when SHTF: 9mm Para, 40 S&W or 10mm Auto? ... and how about .357 Sig? ... after all we could use the ogival projectiles of the 9mm Para (.355 < .3555) and the casings of the 40 S&W... ... i am a bit concerned about over-penetration though ... but does 9mm Para have the manstopping power needed? :P

Overpenetration is always bad with zombies. They almost never wear armour and you will need every Joule of stopping power you can get :P

Yay!!! Finally gun talk. So what do you think' date=' when SHTF: 9mm Para, 40 S&W or 10mm Auto? ... and how about .357 Sig? ... after all we could use the ogival projectiles of the 9mm Para (.355 < .3555) and the casings of the 40 S&W... ... i am a bit concerned about over-penetration though ... and generally speaking does 9mm Para have the manstopping power needed? :P

[/quote']

I'll stick with my 12GA shotgun and my 1911. :P

Of course, for my anti-bandit activities, I have my M38 Mosin Nagant for that. 203 grain 7.62x54R soft points should do nicely.

Don't ask me man' date=' it says 9x19mm on it in the game too, at least that's what the owner of a Bizon has told me, along with the DayZ wiki. That's why I kept saying the 9x18mm rounds from the Makarov doesn't make sense.

Also on the subsonic, yeah, my bad, 9x18mm is just BARELY subsonic. I haven't slept in quite some time...

[/quote']

He uses the one straightly from ArmA 2.

I think its a screw up with the naming they did. Because its the PP-19.

But looking it up in the ArmA 2 files it clearly says :

class 64Rnd_9x19_Bizon [...]

ammo="B_9x18_Ball";

count=64;

[...]

Of course' date=' for my anti-bandit activities, I have my M38 Mosin Nagant for that. 203 grain 7.62x54R soft points should do nicely.

[/quote']

That is a viable solution. Though, i like to stick to my Steyr M357A1 (apocalypse at least has to be fun) and my modded vz24 in 8x57IS. ^_^ ... and 12GA, of course.

Yay!!! Finally gun talk. So what do you think' date=' when SHTF: 9mm Para, 40 S&W or 10mm Auto? ... and how about .357 Sig? ... after all we could use the ogival projectiles of the 9mm Para (.355 < .3555) and the casings of the 40 S&W... ... i am a bit concerned about over-penetration though ... and generally speaking does 9mm Para have the manstopping power needed? :P

[/quote']

Of course, for my anti-bandit activities, I have my M38 Mosin Nagant for that. 203 grain 7.62x54R soft points should do nicely.

.308 Hornady 155gr TAP ones with polymere Tips (AMAX) are simply awesome for the causal Z. Almost as good accuracy as SMKs but have a just gorgeous terminal ballistics profile. Even when you end up firing through windscreens or such. And most of the party is already over after 20-30cms of penetration.

Load those babies into your HK 417 16" and you are ready for any party out there. Hands down.

Yeah I've been stuck invisible for a week' date=' i cant even kill myself and i keep spawning in the same spot no matter how far i travel and i drop all my stuff. fml.

[/quote']

That's a problem with your beta patches. You end up invisible if you don't have the Arma II patches up to the latest. Some servers are set to require it but if they aren't you can join with a lower beta patch and get glitched invisible and in the debug forest/wasteland/ocean.

At least you're inventory doesn't save after you've done some running around like that.