rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

+1 on the flies I hearm alot too. If you go inland its not as bad. I think its a glitch where the dead bodies respawn but the flies sound remains.

[Audibility Prone Bug]

Forward right crawling in prone gives 1 audibility. Forward left gives no audibility.

I found it when I was crawling around because of broken bones :P

Any chance of relocating either the debug monitor or the hearing and visibility icons so that they're not overlapping with a normal interface size?

Thanks man, and keep up the good work!

Something wrong with the loot at 1.7.1.5.

I can't find any backpack. But I do found to may watches (like 15 watches for last 3 hours of play).

So, I thought 1.7.1 hotfixes were supposed to fix Zombies walking/hitting through walls?

Yeah, not the case. I just love dying after my huge effort to stay alive for days because I'm prone, next to a wall JUST SITTING THERE and 2 zombies decide "HAY, i CAN SE THRU DAT" and come rushing through the wall to kill me.

Look, I understand it's Alpha, but some of this insane audibility/visibility and clipping through items shit is just getting ridiculous. It's nigh unplayable, especially for newbies who don't start with ANYTHING to help them even remotely get on to a start.

I respawned for 1.7.1.5, had a blast. No problem with not having a starter weapon! Keep it this way. Found two ALICE packs in the first building I entered!

Food/Water Shortage: I love this. Since we no longer degenerate food/water while offline, it really makes the scavenging worth it. Having only a single coke and orange drink gauge is quite the motivator to start looting! I have been finding TONS of food and very little water (drink) though...

Hatchet Bug: When wielding a hatchet (axe), if one picks a crowbar up off the ground, one continues holding the axe, your inventory says its a crowbar and that you dont have an axe, and if you drop the crowbar then your inventory shows a hatchet again as normal. Not really a deal breaker but kind of confused me when it happened! :P

Lighting is borked. I'm not sure if it's the arma 2 beta patch itself or one of the new DayZ updates, but I've noticed it since 1.7.1.2. Sometimes my vision will just go ridiculously dark in broad daylight, and the same thing happens if I'm using Night Vision at night.

Doesn't seem that big a update to not just be a 1.7.1.6 instead of 1.7.2...

When there's new content (not just fixes) it goes up a major version.

So' date=' I thought 1.7.1 hotfixes were supposed to fix Zombies walking/hitting through walls?

Yeah, not the case. I just love dying after my huge effort to stay alive for days because I'm prone, next to a wall JUST SITTING THERE and 2 zombies decide "HAY, i CAN SE THRU DAT" and come rushing through the wall to kill me.

Look, I understand it's Alpha, but some of this insane audibility/visibility and clipping through items shit is just getting ridiculous. It's nigh unplayable, especially for newbies who don't start with ANYTHING to help them even remotely get on to a start.

[/quote']

Same here! me and 2 other friends were looting barns and the zombies were hitting/walking through walls. I thought it was fixed, but not quite. :(

Awesome update Rocket!

So after not wanting to upgrade from 1.7.0 I figured we would do it...everything is Awesome...just Awesome.. But Zombies are way to fucking strong.

I got hit once, -2000 blood loss , Knocked the fuck out, with broken legs and a concussion... Even Anderson Silva or 23 old Mike Tyson couldn't hit that hard.. its ridiculous.. zombies are weaker then humans by far please tone it down.. its unrealistic.

Awesome update Rocket!

So after not wanting to upgrade from 1.7.0 I figured we would do it...everything is Awesome...just Awesome.. But Zombies are way to fucking strong.

I got hit once' date=' -2000 blood loss , Knocked the fuck out, with broken legs and a concussion... Even Anderson Silva or 23 old Mike Tyson couldn't hit that hard.. its ridiculous.. zombies are weaker then humans by far please tone it down.. its unrealistic.

[/quote']

Alright, i agree. zumbies don´t have the same intelligent and strong then us. They just have the instinct of an animal, it´s freaking unrealistic

The same happened to me some minutes ago. I was hit, lost more than 1000 blood, was knocked out and bleeded for like 1 minute, have broken bone. This was caused by one hit! Now I'm crawling around, hoping to find some morphine in Mogilevka.

The zombies needs to be weakened down, only a bit, not much! Just the rate at how often their hits cause you to bleed or break a bone must be lowered in my opinion.

And while I'm at it, their hearing & seeing ability should also be a little lower, like 10-15% lower than like it is now.

Anyway, enough of me whining around. I'm looking forward to the new update.

hoping for:

[FIXED] LACK OF SLEEP FROM ROCKET

i hope smth about the wire fences will be done. its annoying that 80% of chern/elektro is just full of it.

1.7.1.5 was an amazing patch. I do hope Rocket has dialled it down a few notches and is taking it a bit easier :D Can't burn the candle at both ends forever!

Good stuff rocket. The alpha has come a long way in the last few updates.

Current wishlist of tweaks and fixes

- Hatchets and Watches far too common.

- Morphine not common enough.

- Leg breaking too common.

- Zombies running/attacking through walls still occurring.

- Zombies do not consider the Z-axis when listening/looking (they can hear/see survivors who are several stories up in a building because they are next to them, even though the survivor is in fact quite high up and at a reasonable distance)

- Tents are still pretty touchy about where you place them, although they are a LOT better.

- Zombies respawn too quick.

- Zombies spawn too close sometimes (especially a pain due to their now heightened senses).

- Items tend to dissapear when forced out of a bag.

- You cannot physically open your bag unless you are looking at loot or some other storage unit. It merely displays the contents in the list. This is annoying if you need to know how much space is there.

- For larger items can we have some sort of display to indicate how many slots they take before we pick them up?

- Jerry cans, toolboxes, camping tents etc. cannot be placed directly into your bag. You need to pick them up first and then move them. Totally inconvenient.

P.s. I love someones idea to place your primary weapon on your toolbelt rather than your backpack when using melee weapons.

- Zombies can seem to hear/see you no matter what when you're in any kind of hangar, or one of those really long barns.

- Zombies seem to have eyes in the back of their heads, even from a good distance, and this is while crouch running.

- Zombie respawn rate is faster than COD. Jk, but it does seem way too fast. I wanna take over a small village and it be mine to look around in a for a few minutes if I feel like it.

- Hatchets and Watches far too common.

- Morphine not common enough.

- Leg breaking too common.

- Zombies running/attacking through walls still occurring.

- Zombies do not consider the Z-axis when listening/looking (they can hear/see survivors who are several stories up in a building because they are next to them' date=' even though the survivor is in fact quite high up and at a reasonable distance)

- Tents are still pretty touchy about where you place them, although they are a LOT better.

- Zombies respawn too quick.

- Zombies spawn too close sometimes (especially a pain due to their now heightened senses).

- Items tend to dissapear when forced out of a bag.

- You cannot physically open your bag unless you are looking at loot or some other storage unit. It merely displays the contents in the list. This is annoying if you need to know how much space is there.

- For larger items can we have some sort of display to indicate how many slots they take before we pick them up?

- Jerry cans, toolboxes, camping tents etc. cannot be placed directly into your bag. You need to pick them up first and then move them. Totally inconvenient.

P.s. I love someones idea to place your primary weapon on your toolbelt rather than your backpack when using melee weapons.[/font']

I Agree With this List big time.

[...]

P.s. I love someones idea to place your primary weapon on your toolbelt rather than your backpack when using melee weapons.

I completely support this list AND the weapon-on-toolbelt suggestion ! :heart:

I think the Z's alertness is just about right. I've found crouch walking just as quiet and effective as it's always been but running, even crouch running dangerous anywhere near a town... roads are now a real hazard.

It's like the first night I played, before I learned the Z's and grew to take them a a minor annoyance. I fear them again... I'm forced to take them seriously again, that's defeinetly a good thing. They do hit bloody hard though, break bones in one swing and occasionly still bug out behind and through walls... but overall I think there close to the sweet spot. Slow and patient sneaking is still the way to go.

Bugs as follows:

*Hearing flies frequently but never found a body, even when I swear I must be standing on it

*Dropping all my ammo when picking up watches, compasses etc

*Way too many zombies in barns, all staring at the walls and more spawning while I'm in there, don't feel it's worth even investigating barns anymore... seem to only find cans and zombies.

Now, this one I'm not sure about, might have been something weird my friend did. He died on a 1.7 server and exited the game, I talked him through the 1.7.1.5 update (thank you Six Updater!) and he joined the same server as me. I had recently spawned with the new compliment of painkillers , bandage and torch. He spawned with the old gear, makarov, mags, food etc... also didn't get the gender selection. Obviously he wasn't eager to respawn and test it again, bastard.

Vas.

Thanks Rocket, You're a legend!

Hope you've had time to play some DayZ yourself!!

in reply to one AngryJohnny

You can see how much room is left in your bag. just Press "G" click your bag. and click open bag. on the top left it will say the name of the bag and numbers like 1/24 = which means there is 1 spot free out of 24 total spots

Only problem with this is that user could essentially place a lot of primary weapons in toolbelt. You should barely be able to carry two unless bag is practically empty. If there' s a way to ensure only 1 is in toolbelt and cannot be exploited, I'd be down with this. Could pretend it's just on your back and so on.

* [FIXED] Animal AI routines consuming large amounts of FPS (now in line with Infected AI routines, reduced FPS usage) all patches reading things like this but im still cant play

I'm happy with everything in 1.7.1.5 so far bar one particular gripe, the mega stomping random bone crunching hit that you cop every now and then.

I wouldn't even care about the Zombies spawning a metre from me if there wasnt a chance it could Mike Tyson me and end my game.

4 times in a row, after repeated hours of very stealthy and enjoyable play, all of a sudden a Zombie would spawn in a little woodshed or similar, right next to me and just smash my skull in with one blow. Each time this knocked me out, broke my bones, drained 2000 blood and bled me out waiting to wake up.

It was so sudden and so overpowered that it actually shocked me physically each time, and even though I had properly scoped the area and was using stealth correctly, a Zombie that close spawns aggro'd and ends you.

In the end I actually got some sleep for the first night in about a month because this disheartened me so much.

Im hoping this is addressed/slightly toned down/Zombie spawn shifted/ in this next patch.