Lukis (DayZ)

Hackers all over place

yesterday i did spot about 6 dead guys in the south military base, most were near by, so it made me wonder if the mass suicide cheat was used, but i didnt care cos there was tons of good loot on the dead guys so i just scavenged all and went to safe place and logged out :D 
got the biggest bag and half of it full of good food and water and rifles and pistols and etc etc. i did have to defend the dead bodies from someone who thought he can get loot before i reached him with my fire axe. he was wrong

Never encountered a single hacker in the SA so far, and neither have of any the 6 friends i play with.

The last two times i tried to play the mod in a public server it took about 30 minutes until one of them teleported next to me in the middle of the forest and spawned boxes with all the arma2 weapons and 500 mags for each one.

Not to mention the countless times i got killed in the mod by nukes, thunderdomes or teleporting the whole server 1000 meters into the air...

It's going to happen, hopefully as this is Alpha, the hackers are using all their tools too early and it just provides the dev's with the info on the methods they need to block it from the final release, so more fool them. Skills in coding doesn't necessarily equate to intelligence it seems.

people coding hacks != people using them

most of hackers are just script-kiddies

Really it's no wonder some of these hax threads are getting deleted or hidden. They all sound like rabble rouser threads just trying to stir up crap. Feeling the troll is bad (oh god im doing it too).

Haven't seen a hacker yet. I am not just going to take your word for it anyway.

Maybe he had a kevlar vest. Some things changed.

I was shot and received four bullets. I didn't receive any damage AT ALL because they hit me on the kevlar and the ballistic helmet (I assume that from also a great distance). Funny thing is that my kevlar wasn't even damaged. How do I know this for certain? After this my character was complaining about pain, yet no bullet penetrated me as I was not bleeding.

earlier today i was watching a livestream of a hacker, advertising his hacking program, it was posted on reddit then quickly taken down by the reddit mods.

the hacking is out there, the person could see everybody and everything, labeled, and with the hitbox's showing. and the server was dead of night with no moon. the person was even killed yet was still walking and moving around unconscious.

if i would have known they were taking a blase approach to the issue that killed the mod, i wouldn't have bought the standalone. the client can do it because it knows everything within a good size radius, it will not be solved because its the same game as Arma2. despite rocket saying it wasn't going to be

and ignoring the hacking  or believing its not happening is not going to make it go away. IRL History has proven that

DayZ new anti-cheat that will go along with VAC is not implemented. And I have heard that in CS it makes a delay before it bans the player so they dont know what hack got them banned and the SA hasnt been out for long enough for VAC to take much action (Assuming it has a delay).

Just got to wait :)

Theyre using up their accounts too quickly :P

It will be estimated at £40 on release so they've got to trust their anticheat alot...

DayZ new anti-cheat that will go along with VAC is not implemented. And I have heard that in CS it makes a delay before it bans the player so they dont know what hack got them banned and the SA hasnt been out for long enough for VAC to take much action (Assuming it has a delay).

Just got to wait :)

Theyre using up their accounts too quickly :P

It will be estimated at £40 on release so they've got to trust their anticheat alot...

ACCORDING TO STEAM,

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

VAC IS ENABLED.

UNLESS ITS FALSE ADVERTISEMENT, THEN THE ANTI CHEAT IS A FAILURE

future customers might want to hear that..... does it say on the steam site that anti hack is in fact off?

its says its on

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/22/dayz-standalone-you-can-never-fully-solve-hacking-problem-says-dev/

so the steam anti hack is a failure, and the dev team is deleting all hacking threads I get it

2cyk6th.jpg

Hope they will get 'banned' forever and bye bye money and game.

Oh for crying out loud. It's alpha people. AS IN NOT COMPLETE. And ffs. The mods are not "deleting all hacking threads." They deleted one thread which linked hacks. That's perfectly reasonable moderating. 

Whiners go home.

• Like 1

Oh for crying out loud. It's alpha people. AS IN NOT COMPLETE. And ffs. The mods are not "deleting all hacking threads." They deleted one thread which linked hacks. That's perfectly reasonable moderating. 

Whiners go home.

well the anti cheat is not an alpha

Rocket has already disscussed this..because of the new architecture it will be a lot easyer to fix exploits and hacks. But at such an early stage in development, there are a few holes that still need plugging.

It's a lot better these holes in the architecture are found now than in the final game, it's one of the reasons for the testing process

Considering VAC bans are not instantaneous, it's a bit early to call anti hack a "failure", isn't it? Getting rid of hackers completely was never going to happen so we'll have to wait and see what happens.

People who respawn fully geared on top of their dead bodies, is not a hack nor are they hackers. It's just a known exploit and I'm not going to tell how to do it. Besides that I've seen people shooting several mags at people in close quarters with a M4, and not hit a damn thing because they panic (and because the M4 is kinda bugged atm), then killed by an axe. So quit claiming hackers everytime someone farts.

I just got shot down while fullsprinting in complete darkness at balota. Very highly suspicious.. people have NVG already? Give me a break. On top of that, I was unable to respawn afterwards, maybe due to the server being riddled with script injection and pooching out.

My gamma was maxed and my clouds were off (yeah it's pretty desperate) as well so I was already at optimal vision conditions. It was PURE DARKNESS on the server and I got merc'd super quick under highly suspicious circumstances.. Hmmmm not cool.

Edited by bonesnap

I was watching *** presentation stream today. Guy had an aimbot and somethin like a wallhack that marked players in his area. Good thing was he didnt spawn any items/teleport shiet like that. I think its normal every game have hackers and we cant do nothing about it. Im sure rocket will do best he can to prevent them, and thats all we can ask for.  One thing that made my day, he was killed by a guy with an axe :) His aimbot was so fucking bad at close range he got chopped in half and ended stream. If u think about it if he wouldnt suck at game he would not use cheats in first place ;)

Life isn't an alpha either---- wait, I mean, Aliens.

The whole Cheat vs. anti-cheat is an arms race. He builds a missile, you build two, twice as big as his. The very skilled hackers will find ways to make holes in the system, as the devs patch those holes. Unless my understanding of VAC is incorrect, its like Punkbuster - which is more about reacting to new hacks after they are detected (aka used more and more often and caught) and stopping basic hacking/exploitation of game files.

VAC isn't Judge Dredd, the second someone turns their cheat program on he comes bursting through their window going "I KNEW YOU'D SAY THAT" shooting the hacker dead.

No matter what, it's going to be the dev team's job to fix holes hackers find, and to make it as difficult as they can for hackers to find new weaknesses. But again, if someone is really skilled enough, they'll find a way. Then the devs will have to figure out what the vulnerability is, and patch that hole too.

Give them time. Give them your support. And don't flood the forums with unsubstantiated claims, because sometimes shit just happens. Not to say the original poster's claim was untrue, but I don't know what exactly transpired. He may very well have been a victim of a cheater.

You're not going to stop people from using overlays to show player positions and highlight loot, that's just reading memory that is already available to the client.  Auto-aim is just writing to that memory (can be detected more easily), or manipulating the in-game controls programatically.

They shouldn't be able to spawn stuff in though, the hive manages items, or is planned to.  Teleporting? maybe but is pretty easy to detect.  Infinite ammo? they might be able to trick the client into thinking it always has ammo to fire, but if the server tracks all bullets, even if it has to queue them and check them later for performance reasons then it will make it less useful for hackers; provided they can roll back any damage caused by "fake" bullets.  God mode? well again they could trick their client into thinking it hasn't taken damage, but if the server is tracking bullets and applying the damage, it is easy to run a quick check to see if everyone has taken the right amount of damage.  If you are supposed to be dead, it can stop receiving actions from you.  Perhaps the servers just aren't checking as much as they could be yet.

Devs could make it fairly secure, but at the cost of performance.  Do you want to see that bullet hit that guy in the head now, or a second or two later?  So I think the bad hacks are going to decrease as we progress and performance is tweaked.  They've said that the limited number of zeds is due to performance, so there is still some ways to go before we see how hacker-proof the game can be.

• Like 2