Lukis (DayZ)

Hackers all over place

And yet again...hackers are dominating DayZ....

Was looting NW Airfield tower, when seen a movement and was sitting silent to ambush him, when person wen't inside the tower I shoot 3 rounds into him meanwhile he was just slwoly coming towards and laughting in the mic...took out his hatchet and killed me...

Yesterday was same thing at Cherno, only that person died and respawned next to me, but I was thinking that it was just a glitch/bug abuse...silly...

Edited by Lukis

Oh dear how fun next time log, well I don't know you might get flamed for combat logging? Or slatedf or server switching from him? Wait shit carefull you might get heat for shooting him first making you a bandit! Can't win with this comunity lol.

Might be bugged and he was clearly abusing it who knows?

It's going to happen, hopefully as this is Alpha, the hackers are using all their tools too early and it just provides the dev's with the info on the methods they need to block it from the final release, so more fool them. Skills in coding doesn't necessarily equate to intelligence it seems.

Hi welcome to alpha, It is better than it was only smaller events no nukes, global suicides or giant fires.

Just some small time things that will be fixed.

according to the dayz team, they will never stop the hacking

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/22/dayz-standalone-you-can-never-fully-solve-hacking-problem-says-dev/

if it wasnt for infistar and hangender anti hack, dayz mod would have been a horrible expirence.

makes you wonder who people, who are not backed by a million dollar corporation are doing more for the game then those on a million dollar payroll

according to the dayz team, they will never stop the hacking

According to, like, reality? 

This is not unique to DayZ. No game "solves" hacking. You simply do your best to keep it to a minimum.

makes you wonder who people, who are not backed by a million dollar corporation are doing more for the game then those on a million dollar payroll

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. What is a "million dollar payroll?" Do you understand how companies function?

Rocket has stated that the anti-hack system is not yet in full effect (as you should expect, considering it's alpha). However the title of this thread is pretty misleading. You encountered two "hackers" and are saying they're "all over the place". I haven't seen a single one, and I'm going to assume that the vast majority of the community hasn't either, otherwise these forums would be polluted with "HAX!" threads.

Edited by Panic!

Rocket has stated that the anti-hack system is not yet in full effect (as you should expect, considering it's alpha). However the title of this thread is pretty misleading. You encountered two "hackers" and are saying they're "all over the place". I haven't seen a single one, and I'm going to assume that the vast majority of the community hasn't either, otherwise these forums would be polluted with "HAX!" threads.

yes, but it shows the hacking, the most serious thing that needs to be fixed, isnt a top concern. during the last "mod alpha" the dayz team did nothing to fix it.

like I said , if it wasnt for third party anti hack makers, it would og unchecked.

my anti hack in dayz mod tells me when someone teleports, or uses infinite ammo

funny all hacking threads get deleted here.

Not only me, I've been talking with many players and they seen same thing!

yes, but it shows the hacking, the most serious thing that needs to be fixed, isnt a top concern. during the last "mod alpha" the dayz team did nothing to fix it.

like I said , if it wasnt for third party anti hack makers, it would og unchecked.

They fixed vulnerabilities in THE FIRST DAMN PATCH.

How is that not top priority?

Edited by SalamanderAnder

yes, but it shows the hacking, the most serious thing that needs to be fixed, isnt a top concern. 

According to this post by rocket, that's not true. Look for the "Additional Anti-Hack and Security" heading. It's scheduled for late 2013. Sounds like a top concern to me.

Edited by Panic!

Ever think they have it "easy right now" to gain exact and specific information on their unique game engines vulnerabilities to then fix once and for all?

Arma was designed for hacking I mean modding wadi dayz is a mod of arma which is now its own game on the same game engine hmm confused much?

Wait for the steam banning integration easy to hack easy to ban and I mean instant perma bans for using anything dreamed as hacking or manipulation on the spot updates are I stand now and so will be banning.. Just wait for people crying that they did nothing wrong to start posting lol

According to this post by rocket, that's not true. Look for the "Additional Anti-Hack and Security" heading. It's scheduled for late 2013. Sounds like a top concern to me.

according to the history of dayz mod, since its now basically dead since SA came out, the dayz team did nothing to even stop THAT hacking.

considering it runs the same kind of scripts, why didnt they develop a anti hack then?

It was left up to infistar and hangerder thats way. seems like this dayz thing is just a cash cow

Because they're fucking annoying and nobody wants to hear them anymore. The devs have given their answers to the issue and people seem to want to spam topics about it. You in particular really seem to be riding the mods. Why do you just leave the forums if you dislike it here so much?

People don't seem to understand that even in games like Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, and any other multiplayer game on the market, there are people that 'hack' the game. Hacking is never going to be fully gone, but the developers can highly reduce the amount of them. Constant bitching about it isn't gonna accomplish anything except causing everyone with any sense to laugh at you.

Don't even compare the SA to the mod in terms of hacking, ever. That's just ignorance plain and simple.

• Like 1

Because they're fucking annoying and nobody wants to hear them anymore. The devs have given their answers to the issue and people seem to want to spam topics about it. You in particular really seem to be riding the mods. Why do you just leave the forums if you dislike it here so much?

People don't seem to understand that even in games like Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, and any other multiplayer game on the market, there are people that 'hack' the game. Hacking is never going to be fully gone, but the developers can highly reduce the amount of them. Constant bitching about it isn't gonna accomplish anything except causing everyone with any sense to laugh at you.

Don't even compare the SA to the mod in terms of hacking, ever. That's just ignorance plain and simple.

future customers might want to hear that..... does it say on the steam site that anti hack is in fact off?

its says its on

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/22/dayz-standalone-you-can-never-fully-solve-hacking-problem-says-dev/

so the steam anti hack is a failure, and the dev team is deleting all hacking threads I get it

Edited by piffkush

yes, but it shows the hacking, the most serious thing that needs to be fixed, isnt a top concern

I really don't think it does. They would have to be foolish not to take it seriously. If you take a quick look at popular hacking sites you'll see the very first patch disabled lots of hacks and those still aren't possible as of now.

I think it's important to not spread panic because hackers are definitely not "all over the place", at least not just now. People shouldn't assume it was hackers that killed them whenever they die.

Sure, lets all hold each other hands and ignore fact that hackers are out there, meanwhile SA is driven by idea to get rid of hackers!

And don't tell me its only in Alpha, cause pre-Alpha already had to show security versus hackers!

Edited by Lukis

Learn to aim.

I've been playing DayZ mod since 2012 october daily, sure I still need learn to aim....

Edited by Lukis

And yet again...hackers are dominating DayZ....

Was looting NW Airfield tower, when seen a movement and was sitting silent to ambush him, when person wen't inside the tower I shoot 3 rounds into him meanwhile he was just slwoly coming towards and laughting in the mic...took out his hatcet and killed me...

Please, don't say dominating. You act like 50%+ of the player base is hacking like the mod used to be. I have yet to come across a "hacker" with playing since release. It could be a hacker, but also just someone abusing the infinite HP bug that comes around on spawn. Or, it was lag/desync making you think you hit him or you're just a bad shot :D. Not saying it's impossible for him to have been hacking and even fairly likely he could have been with it being in early alpha, but your explanation of what happened can be resolved by many other reasons.

P.S. Why only 3 rounds?

P.P.S What's up with your typing? It's like you were furiously typing while writing your post. "wen't" "hatcet" "laughting" "slwoly." I understand grammatical issues, but this forum has spell check...

• Like 1

Maybe he had a kevlar vest. Some things changed.

Who would remove his weapon, wield axe and slowly come towards, having fun with mic meanwhile he is being shot at?

P.P.S What's up with your typing? It's like you were furiously typing while writing your post. "wen't" "hatcet" "laughting" "slwoly." I understand grammatical issues, but this forum has spell check...

I was in rush

P.S. Why only 3 rounds?

Even one would be enough...

Edited by Lukis

the respawn next to you after dying was a confirmed bug of the game, which many people had. So no Hack there.

The m4 can be very inacurate for no reason, maybe you just missed. Might be because of lags too. its a alpha!!! Drink some desinfection spray PLEASE!!! (in game of course)

according to the history of dayz mod, since its now basically dead since SA came out, the dayz team did nothing to even stop THAT hacking.

considering it runs the same kind of scripts, why didnt they develop a anti hack then?

It was left up to infistar and hangerder thats way. seems like this dayz thing is just a cash cow

If you're referring to why scripting was never stopped in the mod, it's probably because the engine/mod required scripting to be able to spawn loot, zombies, vehicles, animals, etc. To stop scripting, you'd have to rebuild the spawn system... Thus, they used battleye to ban cd keys that used scripting codes.