Sign in to follow this  
starlion

Red and Yellow chain simbol ???

Sometimes i see a red or yellow simbol on screen, sometimes the chain is divided and sometimes is not, what does it means? Conection to the server lost? I have notice also when i have the chain simbol i dont find any loot, any loot. Any idea?

Yellow chain means you are loosing connect and red chain means you lost connect.  I'm not sure exactly what it means when the chain is broken.  It might mean a connection issue.

Typically I find that when you get Yellow Chain, the server is about to reboot (not always, but most of the time). When you get Red Chain, it indicates that there is desync (usually happens when new players connect to the server). By the time you see the chain, the desync has already happened...

• In general it can be understood as a measure of how 'out of step' clients are with the server. Ex, if a client is slowed down to the point where its engine is running at a different rate to the servers, there will be desync.
  • Desync can be explained simply as an extreme form of lag where you are not receiving the servers and clients information correctly.
  • Placed objects and ai can also contribute to this, as well as an influx in connecting players.
Edited by Meta
  • Like 1

Yellow means that you are experiencing more latency than you were. Once it hits red you have desynced from the server. Once the desync hits a certain limit the chain breaks and your connection to the server is considered broken. That's the point where the game tells you that you haven't heard anything from the server in x number of seconds. I have recovered from all three of those situations in the mod but in the SA it seems like the only broken chains I have seen are on server restart.

Yellow: Connection is being lost / high ping.

Red: Connection is almost lost / very high ping

Red with text: Connection has been lost and has been for x amount of seconds.

> Could be due to your connection or server side.

• Like 1