vitorsa

How about a change in Day/nigth cycle ?

Vote about what do you think in cycle Day/nigth of the game.  

242 members have voted

1. 1. about the cycle

• keep as it is now (24h)
    • Reduce to 12h
    • reduce to 6h
    • make the nigth brigther
    • add some collors to the nigth
    • Reduce to a time not stated here( say bellow)
    • Reduce to 8h
    • Reduce to 4h

I would absolutely love about 3-6 hours between day/night cycles. HOWEVER. I do NOT like the fact you can change gamma/brightness etc. Night should be scary and intimidating. I have not yet touched any settings related to brightness/gamma and let me tell you I am nervous when adventuring in the night time. I think we should establish a standard(4hr cycle) and completely disable brightness/gamma functions. But maybe thats just me.

here are a lot of kids or ppl without a job! or maybe some vampires!

there are ppl who have to work and a lot of ppl start  working at morning and end at evening!

and it is unfair to have 24h daycicles! and it is stupid!

you dont have a realistic hunger thrist system (i am not hungry every 5min) either a realistic day night time makes no sense for me!

i like the 24 hour day/night cycle. i just wish it was accurate i play on a chicago server and its night when it should be day. and i've seen this on other servers it should be daylight in server because it is in that state but its dark so until they get it corrected i'm playing on all daylight servers

I would absolutely love about 3-6 hours between day/night cycles. HOWEVER. I do NOT like the fact you can change gamma/brightness etc. Night should be scary and intimidating. I have not yet touched any settings related to brightness/gamma and let me tell you I am nervous when adventuring in the night time. I think we should establish a standard(4hr cycle) and completely disable brightness/gamma functions. But maybe thats just me.

i think the brightness/gamma  have to be there so someone can configure the game for his computer, however they should make something that dont permit it to be abused

here are a lot of kids or ppl without a job! or maybe some vampires!

there are ppl who have to work and a lot of ppl start  working at morning and end at evening!

and it is unfair to have 24h daycicles! and it is stupid!

you dont have a realistic hunger thrist system (i am not hungry every 5min) either a realistic day night time makes no sense for me!

This definitely applies.  I also think that the population of servers would balance out a bit more if servers had a shorter day/night cycle.

Right now night servers stay empty, and day servers are crammed.

Flares and chemlights are not implemented yet, which would make nights more enjoyable.

And we need the server time to be shown in the server browser.

Brighter nights, more colourful nights, and reduce a day to 8 hours with a summertime type cycle. 3/4th daytime, 1/4th nighttime. 6 hours of daytime, 2 hours of nighttime.

Make nights more like this:

mBziYT5.jpg

• Like 1

Brighter nights, more colourful nights, and reduce a day to 8 hours with a summertime type cycle. 3/4th daytime, 1/4th nighttime. 6 hours of daytime, 2 hours of nighttime.

Make nights more like this:

mBziYT5.jpg

This is way too bright. You can forget such nights as soon you found an NVG, which would become useless. It's almost day. It takes all the fun out of nights. Really, just chose a dayserver if you don't like it dark. They already messed up nights at the mod as they locked full moon nights. It was perfect with the dynamic night and moon cycles, resulting in brighter and way darker nights.

Even chemlights and flares become useless in such bright nights. -.-

If you are out there in the forest, without any light source (light pollution) and with covered sky, nights should be pitchblack, as in real life under this circumstances.

Also, don't get why folks want the time to speed up. What do you want to achieve in 2h nights? This will folks just make quit more often, because their favourite daytime, it also is tactical moment with a different gameplay, all the way changes too early. And every time the sun goes down and up, I'm reminded that it is a game. Don't want it.

As said, add flares, chemlights and most important the server time in the server browser, which makes it less russian roulette, what server you jojn.

Edited by Ken Bean

People have to understand that day/night cycle, sun, moon, stars positions are all correctly simulated in the game!

We have an autumn map that is located at 45°N 30°E (if it has not changed from the original Chernarus). Autumn implies that we are near autumn Equinox or later, so nights are about equal or longer than days.

You can also navigate by sun or stars, or you build your own little Stonehenge for sun observation and date definition (until server restart) ^_^

However, if you start messing with day/night cycle, you will complicate or make it near impossible to do such things.

So my vote goes to 24h cycles.

With that said, I also want to have free reign on when my char is active, whether he is a night owl or an early bird.

It could be made that (hardcore!) way, that every change in time zone consumes an appropriate level of your nutrition level. That way you could always jump time zones as you like, as long as you are still well-fed; before you really join you could get a warning that it would make you starving if you enter a certain server. (worst case would be a 23h jump)

It could also be an interesting option to beach the player at a random time (=server) and only once he has achieved a certain level of nutrition, he may change to his preferred time zone/server (hey, his friends could come and pick him up and bring some food and drinks along)...

Of course, the time would have to be clearly visible in the server browser.

Interesting options for role-playing, probably less so for PvP focussed players, or private servers/hives :P

An issue to solve would be how you carry over vehicles/stashes etc.

Edited by Rantanplan
  • Like 1

People have to understand that day/night cycle, sun, moon, stars positions are all correctly simulated in the game!

We have an autumn map that is located at 45°N 30°E (if it has not changed from the original Chernarus). Autumn implies that we are near autumn Equinox or later, so nights are about equal or longer than days.

You can also navigate by sun or stars, or you build your own little Stonehenge for sun observation and date definition (until server restart) ^_^

However, if you start messing with day/night cycle, you will complicate or make it near impossible to do such things.

So my vote goes to 24h cycles.

With that said, I also want to have free reign on when my char is active, whether he is a night owl or an early bird.

It could be made that (hardcore!) way, that every change in time zone consumes an appropriate level of your nutrition level. That way you could always jump time zones as you like, as long as you are still well-fed; before you really join you could get a warning that it would make you starving if you enter a certain server. (worst case would be a 23h jump)

It could also be an interesting option to beach the player at a random time (=server) and only once he has achieved a certain level of nutrition, he may change to his preferred time zone/server (hey, his friends could come and pick him up and bring some food and drinks along)...

Of course, the time would have to be clearly visible in the server browser.

Interesting options for role-playing, probably less so for PvP focussed players, or private servers/hives :P

An issue to solve would be how you carry over vehicles/stashes etc.

There are planned watches in game, there are compasses in game. Changing the flow of time in the game does not affect any of these things - except you need to find an in-game watch (or work out the time by looking at the sun's position with your compass in hand) rather than checking the time IRL...

Edited by phlOgistOn

How come there is such little votes to change the pitch and color of the night?!?! Its unrealistically dark. Sure maybe if you're in a bright cabin, step out into the darkness you won't be able to see shit. But walk in the darkness for an hour and you'll be able to see the pines on the trees and the leaves on the ground, because our eyes adjust to the dark. Why does it have to be so dark it almost becomes unplayable, and IS unplayable to those who don't have any light source in game.

There should be more than enough natural light form the moon and stars. Just mind boggling. It doesn't make the atmosphere scary, it makes it annoying.

Edited by Zeet.
  • Like 2

How come there is such little votes to change the pitch and color of the night?!?! Its unrealistically dark. Sure maybe if you're in a bright cabin, step out into the darkness you won't be able to see shit. But walk in the darkness for an hour and you'll be able to see the pines on the trees and the leaves on the ground, because our eyes adjust to the dark. Why does it have to be so dark it almost becomes unplayable, and IS unplayable to those who don't have any light source in game.

There should be more than enough natural light form the moon and stars. Just mind boggling. It doesn't make the atmosphere scary, it makes it annoying.

agree.

• Like 1

It's an alpha, so we should test this, right? While we have the chance chaps.

some people say that the game should be focused on reality however i think the game should acheive a balance so someone that only have a small portion of the day to play can enjoy all parts of the day( ingame) i think that a cycle with 6 or 4 hours is the ideal.

No reason to change it, character is not bound to server. Join full daytime server, should be readily available.

• Like 1