Sign in to follow this  
DMstratz

Am i the only one with no performance issues?

My Rig:

- i5-3570k

- 8gb Ram

- GTX 660Ti

.. sorry i dont know more technical names for them all

but i run at around 30-40 frames EVERYWHERE on the map (including cherno)  on everything maxed out with no frame drops..

This has happened with other games but this one clearly works very well on my machine.. anyone else have the same?

Nope i have similar specs my GTX 660 is the non-ti version.

I get around 20-25 fps in cherno.

GTX 770 here 25 fps on lowest in cities. I wasn't surprised, the game uses one of the worst engines in the industry.

Edited by Frell

it has little to do with your gpu (as long as you have a decent one)

That's a sign of a bad game engine. GPU's are built to speed up render calculations yet they decide to use the cpu? It's a slap in the face.

I just have the stuttering that everyone has had since the patch that wiped the database. More than happy with my performance aside from that. :)

• Like 1

If you turn off postprocessing it has many things to do with your GPU: I had a Radeon 6950 and got above 20 in cities (quite annoying) and around 45 while in the wilderness. I checked my processing (running the same as OP) and it was on 40% load at maximum. Bought a GTX 760 now and my FPS went from 20ish in town to over 50.... so GPU does make a difference. It can be the bottleneck in your system.

I think the Arma-Engine is quite old and not that well optimized to use CPU when GPU is already at max load. Other games like BF3 or crysis do profit from a better CPU when you GPU is not that great but arma-engine just stays at low FPS when CPU or GPU reached their maximum load. You can't compensate a bad GPU with a potent CPU in Arma/DayZ...

Frankieonpcin1080 posted a video about the standalone yesterday, he have a beast computer as you know and he mentioned that he get 10-15 FPS in cities with high settings.

I have a decent rig but it's AMD powered which isn't arma\dayz friendly and i drop to 15-25 in cities and get 35+ in other areas.

I have 550ti gtx and 4gb ram and have smooth 40 fps and in cities around 30 fps but the only problem is my game keep crashing every 20 minutes and inside cities every 5 minutes

My Rig:

- i5-3570k

- 8gb Ram

- GTX 660Ti

.. sorry i dont know more technical names for them all

but i run at around 30-40 frames EVERYWHERE on the map (including cherno)  on everything maxed out with no frame drops..

This has happened with other games but this one clearly works very well on my machine.. anyone else have the same?

gtx660 normal version

better than arma2 ever was

more optimised than battlefield4 alpha was

more integral game than battlefield4

only lags occasionally in largest cities

• Like 1

I have a 770 4GB and it does not run smooth on high settings for some reason. I dropped the settings way down to get good FPS.

The game struggles to maintain 30 FPS in big cities, yet my CPU is strolling along at 60% load, while my GPU is barely being used at all...

the Engine has some severe limitation issues when it comes to how much of your computer it can utilize. MY GPU load rarely exceeds 40%.

i7 2600K

GTX 780

16GB RAM

I just have the stuttering that everyone has had since the patch that wiped the database. More than happy with my performance aside from that. :)

Good (not for you lol) I'm having the same problem too so I know it's not only me. Had it since DB wipe, but I upgraded my AMD drivers and thought it could be that. Mine did run fairly well for an alpha and average gaming PC, but now it drops to about 5-10 FPS for only a second, then jumps back to up to about 25-30.

Frankieonpcin1080 posted a video about the standalone yesterday, he have a beast computer as you know and he mentioned that he get 10-15 FPS in cities with high settings.

I have a decent rig but it's AMD powered which isn't arma\dayz friendly and i drop to 15-25 in cities and get 35+ in other areas.

Yeah I saw that video too, was surprised his setup struggled so badly to be honest.

Edited by NickH85

At the moment, the game is biased to your CPU. The game is only utilizing 20% of your GPU, so it really doesn't matter what you have. The CPU is gonna make the biggest difference. When GPU optimization comes along, they will most likely add SLI support so you can run up to 2 card. I'd highly discourage them adding SLI support for 3-4 cards since it isn't really needed. As long as you have a GTX 560 or better and your CPU isn't too outdated and overclocked past 4.0 GHz, you'll get 60+ frames.

That's a sign of a bad game engine. GPU's are built to speed up render calculations yet they decide to use the cpu? It's a slap in the face.

I'm not gonna go there, as I've been dealing with these Arma games for awhile now. I just said that because everyone's posting their GPU, when (unlike most games) that most likely has little to do with the low framerates people are seeing

discussions on framerates can be kind of frustrating because a lot of people just guesstimate their framerate. you need to be looking at an actual framerate counter (fraps, riva, etc). also so many people are used to bragging about their PC's performance, and/or defending the game, that they... well they might not be honest about their framerate

like most people, my framerate is good away from cities/towns, and not so good in cities/towns. most of the time it's manageable, but last night my framerate came to a grinding halt in Berenzino. there also is that other 'hitching' issue that started a couple updates ago, that seems to be server related

I would not call 30 - 40 FPS great.

I generally need to lower all my settings to get 50 FPS in the cherno city area.

i've got the same spec but an AMD r290x and I have less fps than you when technically my card is higher spec than yours :/

I wish people who say it runs "great" would also post their quality/rendering/AA settings. For me 30 fps in cities would be GREAT and I have a beast PC.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

i get the stuttering and was fine before the patch build that wiped the hive. now i get stuttering once every 2 minutes for a split seconds then back to normal fps.

general fps is 35 fps - 60 plus. so something is amiss

i just f*king love it when the opponent is running into your crosshair, 3 meters in front of you, and the framerate drops down to 4. Just a few minutes ago, I pressed the hotkey button (which is quite handy) to equip my mosin, and due to the framerate, it didn`t take 1 but 3 seconds. I was shot in the face in second 2. I did not even see him shoot, just a frame of him standing there and then "you are unconscious". Never have I experienced this feeling of powerlessness in other games. Sure, there were laggers in online shooters, but that did not affect my personal framerate. i could always still move fluently.

The main thing i hoped for in the standalone was an increase in framerate stability, and it somewhat occured... when youre in the deep forest, and all loot already has been taken, and there are no players around, and it is that stage of the alpha where no animals and cars have been implemented yet. well thanks for that but having such a good framerate when there is nobody around you seems redundant to me.

Then you go into the cities, where there are 50 skyscrapers, with all rooms enterable, and it just stutters and lags all over the place. zombies hit you, because of that lag, you are not moving forward.

i appreciate the effort put into the cities and the new sniper possibilities, but i seriously doubt that it will be managable to comprimize the cities that much to achieve non-cringeworthy framerate stability for computers that dont cost 2000 dollars.

Im not bashing the alpha, im deeply hoping for the devs to fix the framerate issues in cities and blow my mind. Its just that i am a bit frustrated. it seems to me like somebody just happily sprinkled the map with skyscrapers and lootspawns without taking consequences for the framerate into account, and now i can just hope that the limited optimization possibilities will be effective enough.

Edited by 27 others

The only big fps drop I get is in Дубки (Dubki) as that's the new area, and it needs to be addressed.