Sign in to follow this  
Bodycount69

Dayz Stand Alone Lack Of Items

Well I have been running around for 3 hrs and have found a back pack and little food most of it rotten .

Have not seen a weapon or a automobile and like 3 zombies thank god as I can't find a weapon O I did find shot gun shells.

But ya I know this is a alpha but man where's the fun the mods better than this :(

Its the fact that loot only spawns on server resets not when players arrive at the location. I dont remember if they said this is the way they wanted to go or if its just for Alpha to put less strain on servers but yeah it sucks.

Leave the coast. There's plenty of loot up north.

Other than that yes, it's an alpha. Many features and much content are still missing.

There are no cars as of yet.

Also, apparently you have not understood what an alpha is. This is not meant to be fun. Your job is to report bugs to the bugtracker. Not to have fun. That's how an alpha works.

Also please inform youself on how the loot and zombie spawn system works at the moment, then you will understand.

Weparo

EDIT : Your avatar suggests that this game is not for you and your gamestyle is highly unwanted here. Do us all a favor will ya?

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 3

Also, apparently you have not understood what an alpha is. This is not meant to be fun. Your job is to report bugs to the bugtracker. Not to have fun. That's how an alpha works.

x1000

It will be even worse come beta (if its open)

• Like 1

x1000

It will be even worse come beta (if its open)

Tell me about it... *urgh*

Since alpher release you have these little, analphabetic and entitled CoD kiddies everywhere.

EDIT : Your avatar suggests that this game is not for you and your gamestyle is highly unwanted here. Do us all a favor will ya?

What the hell?... You can't just tell him to leave because he has the picture he has.

You have no reason to tell him to leave. At all.

• Like 2

What the hell?... You can't just tell him to leave because he has the picture he has.

You have no reason to tell him to leave. At all.

I'm not telling him. But he has neither :

- understood his job as tester.

- informed himself about the current state of SA

- understood how melee works (lack of research, again)

- understood how items and zombies spawn *edit

- realized the later on he will have to fight more then 3 zombies *edit

I'm just suggesting that he should better come back at a later stage in development where he can enjoy himself KoS'ing the shit out of everybody else.

Edited by Weparo

It's called Alpha, it comes before beta so it's a half complete game. Perhaps they should make a bigger warning in steam under the purchase tab so people realize that this is not the full game.

• Like 1

Weparo

Am I missing something, do you know him and are teasing him?. If not, that's an incredibly nasty thing to say. 

Leave the coast. There's plenty of loot up north.

Other than that yes, it's an alpha. Many features and much content are still missing.

+1 Head up north and get yourself kitted out, beware though other have the same idea so watch out for armed people!

• Like 1

just run...run as fast as you can..dont look back, dont stand still..RUN

SA A is very easy to gear up and survive currently to aid bug detection

if you're having issues with it you should read up on where loot used to spawn in the mod, and go search yourself.

dont eat anything you wouldn't eat irl

i only pick up pristine items

you can drink from rivers

zombies die in 1hit to gun or axe

balota and NWAF are buffed

north the map is new area with spawns nobody goes to for civ loot

i've already done 3-4 circuits from balota, to nwaf, then north and east to neaf and the new towns

this will be a brilliant game when it's done. 

it is worth playing regardless of what rocket said, it runs better than arma2 ever did and it's a really pretty hiking simulator if nothing else.

• Like 1

SA A is very easy to gear up and survive currently to aid bug detection

if you're having issues with it you should read up on where loot used to spawn in the mod, and go search yourself.

dont eat anything you wouldn't eat irl

i only pick up pristine items

you can drink from rivers

zombies die in 1hit to gun or axe

balota and NWAF are buffed

north the map is new area with spawns nobody goes to for civ loot

i've already done 3-4 circuits from balota, to nwaf, then north and east to neaf and the new towns

this will be a brilliant game when it's done. 

it is worth playing regardless of what rocket said, it runs better than arma2 ever did and it's a really pretty hiking simulator if nothing else.

Some nice tips, my problem is at the moment is knowing my bearings, I see something and go "ohhh a sleepy little town, must be loot here!", next thing I know I am in the middle of nowhere trying to find my way back lol. I'm just wondering at the moment trying to remember landmarks and how to get back to the coast and back up to the airfields etc... That's half the fun/challenge for me, until the game develops more, I am just trying to find my way around.

Some nice tips, my problem is at the moment is knowing my bearings, I see something and go "ohhh a sleepy little town, must be loot here!", next thing I know I am in the middle of nowhere trying to find my way back lol. I'm just wondering at the moment trying to remember landmarks and how to get back to the coast and back up to the airfields etc... That's half the fun/challenge for me, until the game develops more, I am just trying to find my way around.

find a compass and get to know the map. 

i compass is civ loot or in cereal boxes

dont hang around the coast unless you're going to berezino or the new town

if you have a second monitor use a chernarus map on it occasionally as a crutch while you learn it.

eventually you'll be able to match up contours you see to the map you remember.

there is now a railway that runs the whole length of the map (east-west in a straight, flat line) from the new town (north of berezino, near NEAF) that you can use for navigation getting to NWAF very easily. there is water and civ spawns across the length of this new train line.

there is a new military spawn north of NWAF

at the north side of nwaf there is also a new military camp bigger than balotas

Edited by Wookieenoob
  • Like 1

His picture is a soldier in active duty and you say

Also please inform youself on how the loot and zombie spawn system works at the moment, then you will understand.

Weparo

His profile picture is a soldier in active duty serving in Afghanistan. How does that display any kind of game or play style?

Gee wiz, a bit hostile don't you think?  :P

I don't know how you all are having such a hard time finding loot. It all feels pretty abundant to me. Try using the DayZDB map to chart your course so you're not just traipsing around areas with crummy loot. You're not going to find much as far as firearms go in many of the residential areas, you'd be much better off checking fire stations or military spawns. But as a rule of thumb, you really don't want to stick around the coast for long. Just head into the nearest town, grab some basic supplies and make your way north; it's safer, and the loot is much more plentiful. Happy trails.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Panic!

Gee wiz, a bit hostile don't you think?  :P

Bit hostile from my part, yes. Still. This is not an fps, and anyone not grasping that shouldn't be here.

EDIT : As the others said, try to walk the unwalked path to loot. Another good way is to join a night time server, as most people stay clear from them and most of the loot ist still there.

Edited by Weparo
  • Like 1

find a compass and get to know the map. 

i compass is civ loot or in cereal boxes

dont hang around the coast unless you're going to berezino or the new town

if you have a second monitor use a chernarus map on it occasionally as a crutch while you learn it.

eventually you'll be able to match up contours you see to the map you remember.

there is now a railway that runs the whole length of the map (east-west in a straight, flat line) from the new town (north of berezino, near NEAF) that you can use for navigation getting to NWAF very easily. there is water and civ spawns across the length of this new train line.

there is a new military spawn north of NWAF

at the north side of nwaf there is also a new military camp bigger than balotas

Thanks mate will do. I have a second cheapo monitor I use for BF4's battle-screen thing, but I use my tablet with a DayZ app for the map. Just trying to learn it by visual alone though, so I can hopefully in the future pick out a town or landmark and roughly now my way around. Been watching Sacriel's streams too which helps, as he finds locations and tells his teammates where they should head off next.

Thanks mate will do. I have a second cheapo monitor I use for BF4's battle-screen thing, but I use my tablet with a DayZ app for the map. Just trying to learn it by visual alone though, so I can hopefully in the future pick out a town or landmark and roughly now my way around. Been watching Sacriel's streams too which helps, as he finds locations and tells his teammates where they should head off next.

i have a list of the russian placenames and their translations on my phone incase i get disorientated now.

since i know all of the town's names, and quite a few of them by sight, this means  i can get my bearings without much effort. 

the issue with only doing it visually is that you still have a chance of getting lost, and this means you stop learning the map and start panicing about your location. compass obviously negates any disorientation and that issue where sometimes you'll run along a road for a while and accidentally get turned around a bit.

the hills around starry sobor are very distinct, if you're walking to NWAF from the coast they're a good marker for when you're close by.

also, if you're a fresh spawn going to NWAF there's now a stream running at least 1-2km the way to NWAF from balota.

Edited by Wookieenoob

This is not an fps, and anyone not grasping that shouldn't be here.

He has every right to be here. As do you and I.

i have a list of the russian placenames and their translations on my phone incase i get disorientated now.

Ah, that's a good idea! Will Google them now, cheers :)

I'm not telling him. But he has neither :

- understood his job as tester.

- informed himself about the current state of SA

- understood how melee works (lack of research, again)

- understood how items and zombies spawn *edit

- realized the later on he will have to fight more then 3 zombies *edit

I'm just suggesting that he should better come back at a later stage in development where he can enjoy himself KoS'ing the shit out of everybody else.

no.. i don't think it's you who understands....

NOWHERE when i puschased the pre-alpha early access did i see ANYTHING about APPLYING for a job as a tester, AND neither would i PAY to be a tester.

there was NO job application and neither did i have to send in a resume.  there is NO JOB here.  you pay to have access to the early access pre alpha and from there

it up to you what you want to do. you are NOT entitled to have to send in bug reports or anything of the sort a TESTER would have to do. if all you want to do is log in

and go shoot people up and have fun that if your perogative, and to hell with anyone that says otherwise.   IF you you WANT to take it seriously and do nothing but

test for bugs that is also your perogative but you are in no way ENTITLED to HAVE To do it so do NOT imply otherwise and ruin other peoples fun.. that just rude.

Hello there

Relax.

One IS allowed to have fun in the Alpha and one does not HAVE to give feedback.

We'd love it if you did though.

Tempers are frayed due to the fact there are many who dont know what an "alpha" implies and those chaps/chapesses rage which causes exasperation.

Now, deep breaths everyone.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

no.. i don't think it's you who understands....

NOWHERE when i puschased the pre-alpha early access did i see ANYTHING about APPLYING for a job as a tester, AND neither would i PAY to be a tester.

there was NO job application and neither did i have to send in a resume.  there is NO JOB here.  you pay to have access to the early access pre alpha and from there

it up to you what you want to do. you are NOT entitled to have to send in bug reports or anything of the sort a TESTER would have to do. if all you want to do is log in

and go shoot people up and have fun that if your perogative, and to hell with anyone that says otherwise.   IF you you WANT to take it seriously and do nothing but

test for bugs that is also your perogative but you are in no way ENTITLED to HAVE To do it so do NOT imply otherwise and ruin other peoples fun.. that just rude.

>job

put down the crackpipe please

both of you

the point of an alpha is to report bugs if and when you see them

there is no point in reporting known bugs

this reporting of bugs is an optional obligation, but it aids the development of the game, so if you're playing and you see a bug..

..damn well report it.

• Like 1

Wrong. It's a open alpha for which he even paid money. It's common for open alpha's to give a good impresison of the what the game is going to be like once finished, and for the devs to find bugs and stress test their systems. Operating on a understanding that videogames should be entertaining / fun to play, an open alpha should convey that 'fun' as best it can, while dealing with unfinished or unimplemented mechanics and bugs.

Also wrong is the fact that you think Bodycount69 has a job while playing this game. He has not. He is not getting paid, nor is there any moral obligation to provide labour in any way for BI. If he decides he doesn't want to report bugs, that's completely fine.

The most wrong thing in your post is your edit though. What an complete asshole would someone have to be to write something like that. Why would you asume anything for anybody on this forum? Did I miss the corronation of King Weparo, He Who Shall Insult Any N00b New To The Kingdom?? 

Not only that, but you somehow tie an avatar of a soldier to what? A KoS player? :o Nooo. Not a pvp player, in a open world pvp survival game. That bastard!! Because of his play-style he should be Shunned from the community!

I can state,  based on the numerous negative replies to your posts here, that you might be the one that can do Us a favor....

Edited by ThomQ