Sign in to follow this  
Zurvivalist

Useless Items

Been trying to test out all items and compile a list of what they are used for . 

Some items I can not confirm are 

Shoes - Do they actually give any movement/ stamina benefits 

Combat helmet - Does it give any actual armor rating or protection ? 

Gas Mask - Does it really do anything ? 

Face Masks- Same question as combat helm

Hand tools- pliers , screw driver, hammer . have yet to be able to repair anything 

Rain Jacket and other type clothing - Aside from storage space to they add weather protection ? 

Bayonets- Can they be used in melee if so how ? 

I have figured out the extensive cooking and medical system , and will be making a video on that soon . 

Bayonets can be equipped in the hand ( mosin one not sure on the m4 one )

Edited by Desryachri

I wish i could drum into every person who post's on these damn forums, could you atleast log in to steam and read what the blood game desc. says....?

Or even start it up and look in the top left.

...done?

ALPHA YA NUMB NUT

Most of the items listed have a function. Please use the search bar located at the top right corner of your screen.

Thank you.

Weparo

I wish i could drum into every person who post's on these damn forums, could you atleast log in to steam and read what the blood game desc. says....?

Or even start it up and look in the top left.

...done?

ALPHA YA NUMB NUT

No shit its alpha stage you idiot . 

If you took a minute to stop trolling the forum. You might consider reading the damn posts first. 

You see that little part at the top that says "trying to test all the items " 

Get off the damn coast for a little while trolling new spawns and try testing the actual game. 

Figure out what all the items are and are used for . Compile a list for the community 

• Like 3

I wish I could drum into everyone that uses 'this is an alpha' as an excuse for people to stop discussing the game. Dean forbid they have any questions, independent thought, or mainstream criticism. And how dare they post it in a discussion forum.

blablablablablabla

I think your brain needs an update if it's that hard for you to read someone's post, oh wait, it's probably alpha :O

• Like 1

I think your brain needs an update if it's that hard for you to read someone's post, oh wait, it's probably alpha :o

+1

Yet OP is highly encouraged to find some use for the items he posted. Most already have one.

EDIT : One or more uses actually

Edited by Weparo

Shoes - Do they actually give any movement/ stamina benefits - Not yet, but different types give different benefits when it is implemented

Combat helmet - Does it give any actual armor rating or protection ? - Yes, depending on the damage, we tested M4 on a pristine helmet and it stopped the bullet

Gas Mask - Does it really do anything ? Not sure, I would say see the shoes answer

Face Masks- Same question as combat helm Not sure, I would say see the shoes answer

Hand tools- pliers , screw driver, hammer . have yet to be able to repair anything See the shoe answer

Rain Jacket and other type clothing - Aside from storage space to they add weather protection ? Same as shoes, You will need warm clothes when it is cold etc. If you have no raincoat you will get wet and then sick.

Bayonets- Can they be used in melee if so how ? not used one yet

There is a lot of stuff that is in game but not finished yet, means some exciting times ahead.

• Like 3

Thanks for the useful responses . 

I can now dump some of these items I'm hauling around trying to figure out if they might be useful on my next loot run. 

Guess I'll have to put that stupid helmet back on .. 

The cooking system is amazing. I went all night after a proper meal with out eating or drinking . 

Really need a tent to store all these items 

The screw driver can be used as a weapon and to open cans of food (although, you spill some of the food this way).  I've also heard that the motorcycle helmet adds protection from blows to the head (not sure about gun fire though).

Not a tent, they can be seen. I want to be able to use the shovel to dig a hole in the ground. Bury the stuff in a proper cache, and hope like hell I can remember where I put it :-)

But back on topic, I'm just starting out to see what can be done with the crafting system. Most useful thing I've found so far is 'rags'. Kept me alive after doing so many stupid things.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 1

Thanks for the useful responses . 

I can now dump some of these items I'm hauling around trying to figure out if they might be useful on my next loot run. 

Guess I'll have to put that stupid helmet back on .. 

The cooking system is amazing. I went all night after a proper meal with out eating or drinking . 

I've came across cooking pots, gas dispensers, etctetera but have yet not found a way to combine everything into cooking. Could I get a tip or two? :)

If you put the screwdrivers/pliers/etc in your hand you can use them to open cans of food. Most of the other clothing stuff is cosmetic aside from storage space at the moment, but in the future will add protection and boosts and stuff.