combatcomm1

Statistics For Replay Value

I know its early still but I'd like to suggest and discuss the kind of stat system for the game. I feel that even just one statistic that we could see would add immense replay value to the game. Time alive with current character by Hours and Minutes played only! Not time outside the server. That would be cheating. Then, we could have longest time lived ever with a character. That way when you play you are always trying to beat your last best time. I feel like that alone would add a lot to the game. At least for me. Zombie kills, humans kills are all great too but being that this is a survival game I feel that that alone could hold its weight. That being said Id love to see an incredibly in depth statistics tracker. An in game statistics monitor/page that would allow you to see your current stats. 

Here are just some ideas. Id love to hear from one of the devs on this with what their future plans are or what the limitations or capabilities of this hive are in regards to stats. 

Time Alive (Current Character)

Longest Time Survived 

Zombies Killed

Humans Killed

Animals Killed

Animals Gutted

Humanity

Shots fired

Accuracy Percentage

Kilometers walked

Bottles Drank

Beans Eaten

Fires Made

Any thoughts??

• Like 1

Out of those options, I would think the time survived, accuracy and kilometers walked ones would be good starting points. Time survived would have to be only while in game, so as the SA gets more difficult to survive in it becomes meaningful. Accuracy can reflect how calm the player is under stress and adrenaline boosted situations and kilometers walked might give an idea of how active the character has been (ie not just hiding in the woods).

Humanity I think will potentially be added in some form, but it has to be carefully considered to avoid exploitation.

Longest Time Survived 

Zombies Killed

Shots fired

Accuracy Percentage

Kilometers walked

Those stats look good. Anything related to strictly pvp can be left out imo. All it does is promote a KoS environment.

Now I do pvp and often KoS, but I'm rarely in new spawn areas spending most my time in the north and east. So usually my prey, and that of my group, are well geared seasoned players.

Does anyone know if there is any publications or official words from rocket regarding this avenue?

I Personally really love this idea and want this to be added to Standalone as soon as possible. I think it gives players something to aim for alongside surviving. Something players can spend time trying to build up and show off to friends and anyone else I feel it would give many players a sense of accomplishment while playing and will be genuinely attached to their characters, through gear, time survived, their zombies killed etc. I just think every good game needs a record of Achievements/Statistics.     

Longest Time Survived 
Zombies Killed
Shots fired
Accuracy Percentage
Kilometers walked

Those stats look good. Anything related to strictly pvp can be left out imo. All it does is promote a KoS environment.

Agreed. I would add 'Kilometers Driven' and 'Kilometers Flown' as well.

'Animals Gutted'

'Fires Made'

Are good too because that promotes survival. Maybe even 'Meals Cooked'.

You can add 'Places Visited' too, i.e. each main town (or army camp etc) you travel too gives you a point. That promotes exploring etc.

The most important thing is to promote survival rather than PVP.

I wouldn't add a 'humanity' because what does that even mean? I understand the concept from the mod, but it always seemed silly seeing as you don't get a bonus for working in a group etc.

I really wish we could get a devs word on this? This is the feature I want the most that I have heard the least about.

well, if there was an actual "kilometers walked"  statistic i would wonder what I am doing with my life just by looking at the number :D