ted striker

Character Wiping Bug?

Last night and now tonight My character has been wiped and set back on the beach with nothing after logging out and coming back in, or when the server crashes. How often is this happening to everyone else? 

i believe it was due to the update.

I've never had it happen to me, but I have heard about it. Some people claim this is a server hopping deterrent, but in reality my friends and I switch servers four or five times a day to avoid server restarts, crashed servers, and just empty servers (playing somewhere with no chance of human interaction is no fun.)

In practice this is a bug, and id like to see it fixed by the time I get back from Chicago and can start playing again.

i believe it was due to the update.

That was one character wipe. I know people who have lost two or three characters, which means this must be a bug.

It has happened to me a few times. Once it was just random as I joined the same server I was on previously, but the other times have been when I changed servers.

Make sure when joining server that they are fully patched so your character doesn't get wiped.

I was on the same server lastnight for several hours, it crashed and when I logged onto a different one I was wiped. 

Tonight I did a little server hopping to find a daylight server. Then I had to log for real life stuff, came back, wiped. Its kind of bullshit... but I guess the Alpha excuse will haveto do... 

Doesn't happen to me on every logout but it happens more then just at patches, I loose a character almost every logout. I've lost maybe 4 or 5 characters each fully gears nearly as good as i could possibly have.... kinda sucks.