.VincenT.

Sniper Rifles

To take out small groups or single enemys quickly without giving them a chance to react, atleast if you know how to handle it.

But why if they pose no threat? At 800 mere how do they threaten you?

You're not as clever as you think. You do it to troll people.

An M4A1 is very different to a .50 caliber sniper rifle.

.50 caliber sniper rifles won't be added because

-  they don't fit the enviroment, (the AS50 nor the M107 is a Russian weapon),

- they are waaayyyy too OP (and no, getting sniped doesn't mean you suck, what about all the looters who are minding their own buisness in Elektro when someone pops them from 900m away for no reason? They aren't even a threat and they get killed)

- no average person can carry around a 15kg anti-material rifle and operate it with no previous training

- just because there are military bases doesn't give them the incentive to add .50cal sniper rifles. Why not add jets, tanks, helicopters and APCs too?

lol, not sure if serious or just trolling, the m4a1 - the first real gun in the game is fabricated in the us. or uk, i dont give a shit, atleast i can tell you its not russian. And now your trying to tell me its not getting added to the game cause its  not russian?

- Then dont go to elektro, idk why people always think elektro and cherno are the places to be.

-No average person can controll the recoil of an m4 without training.

-There is a difference between an APC and an AS50. Also it would maybe be an option to take out cars when they are released. (Considering their not going to start burning after 1 shot with the AS50).

Again, you're avoiding answering. It's people like you that made it so they were removed.

Be a man for once and answer my question honestly. Why do you want them added so badly? Is it gonna kill you to answer us? Are you afraid you'll look bad? Just answer the question.

Answered it right above your post, not my problem you cant read.

Someone is mad about being bad and getting their ass shot up by a smart sniper. And for the record - going head on against someone is neither smart nor manly. It's just someone being retarded. A smart guy won't even allow his target to spot his muzzle flash, let alone spot his hideyhole but here's this guy who would need a kill cam because he's too dumb and stuck up to admit that he got outsmarted.

Going by your completely retarded logic someone with a Mosin is "OP" and a coward too if he's hiding while shooting while he's just being smart about surviving. Nice logic there.

I'm sorry, but in think you have me confused with someone who cares what you think. Stay on topic. We are discussing why or why not to add AS50's to a zombie apocalypse game. If you are hiding 800 meter out with full gear just to kill fresh spawns, how is that surviving? You make no sense.

• Like 1

I actully wrote this long post of information about real life Rifles and why we cant have a 50c rifle in game but instead i write this. 

50c is heavy, we are only survivors not special forces. if 50c sniper goes into game i want a heavy 50c machine gun with x-legs aswell and i can easly run with it 20 km by my self and have ammo for it. and when the 50c snipers come back to this forum and say that machine gun is fucking overpowered we can begin to discuss this issue again. 

Answered it right above your post, not my problem you cant read.

I posted right after you did. There is no need for that. You've already proved my point that you are only in it for trolling and not playing to survive. So good job. Hope they never add them.

Also, people please stop comming with any reasons that are reality based like "your arms would fly off". This is a game, its about gameplay, im sure to a certain point its about reality, but its not all about that. IRL I dont need to eat every 5 minutes, altough im hoping that thats changing soon....

I actully wrote this long post of information about real life Rifles and why we cant have a 50c rifle in game but instead i write this. 

50c is heavy, we are only survivors not special forces. if 50c sniper goes into game i want a heavy 50c machine gun with x-legs aswell and i can easly run with it 20 km by my self and have ammo for it. and when the 50c snipers come back to this forum and say that machine gun is fucking overpowered we can begin to discuss this issue again. 

k, normal survivours have m4`s, complete military clothing, some non civilian pistol etc. etc. Ik its playing in russia, but still.

OK OP how about some insight from a former army soldier. First .50 cal even withing armed branches are not many sure there might 2.000 or more but thats not the point, not every soldier ARE Qualified to operate one, heck just for m16 is a pain. M4 is variant of the m16 made shorter for close quarters extra info there.  So if only a few are able to use it .50 in army or whatever in globe pandamic like Dayz it will be all spread out or lost, and i doubt any one will be willing to carry a heavy rifle on the run from hordes. 

50 are only used for specific missions also since they are expensive and any bright mind will pick a lighter one to kill zombies or travel........is that enough?

• Like 5

I posted right after you did. There is no need for that. You've already proved my point that you are only in it for trolling and not playing to survive. So good job. Hope they never add them.

If im a troll, your some kid that got killed on the first day of playing DayZ, by an AS50 then never found one and got mad?

I think we need to have Rocket launcher too. We got to be fair to everyone right? I'm sure if I found an tank I could drive it and be the gunner at the same time. Add tanks as well.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but in think you have me confused with someone who cares what you think

Oooh. An internet badass. How profound. You're not as cool as you might think.

If you are hiding 800 meter out with full gear just to kill fresh spawns, how is that surviving

An internet badass who thinks he'll win internet arguments by putting something in someone's mouth. First of all genius I never even implied I'm killing off fresh spawns on the coast. In fact I've been in the north since day one I started playing standalone. Second of all if you're willing to let a potential threat to sit somewhere on your ass even if it's a kilometer away then you fully deserve to be shot time and time again when respawning.

Oh and I forgot to say. It's easier to get rid of potential threats with an accurate rifle than with an assault carbine.

Edited by Tygrys
  • Like 1

OK OP how about some insight from a former army soldier. First .50 cal even withing armed branches are not many sure there might 2.000 or more but thats not the point, not every soldier ARE Qualified to operate one, heck just for m16 is a pain. M4 is variant of the m16 made shorter for close quarters extra info there.  So if only a few are able to use it .50 in army or whatever in globe pandamic like Dayz it will be all spread out or lost, and i doubt any one will be willing to carry a heavy rifle on the run from hordes. 

50 are only used for specific missions also since they are expensive and any bright mind will pick a lighter one to kill zombies or travel........is that enough?

It would be enough, but this is a game, not real life. I can give you enough reasons that would make the game in its current state look unrealistic as fck. Anyways ty for your informing answer, seriosly. :)

• Like 1

I think we need to have Rocket launcher too. We got to be fair to everyone right? I'm sure if I found an tank I could drive it and be the gunner at the same time. Add tanks as well.

Rocket launchers where in the mod, they where extreely rare and nobody used them cause they replaced your backpack which made them unpractical. So yea make the AS50 like that, ill be happy and the rest of you will be to cause the majority will not be using it since like said above its not practical.

Just because there's military bases doesn't mean they'd even have .50 sniper rifles there, in fact it's very unlikely. Added to the fact the bases are very small. The only way I'd tolerate .50 rifles in the games is if it was literally like one .50 per 2000-10,000 players or probably even higher.

Edited by Owain1122

Recoil of m4 =/= recoil of 50 cal 

use your head. 

never said it was the same, but an average person couldnt handle the recoil of a .50cal same as he couldnt handle the recoil of an m4.

• Like 1

lol, not sure if serious or just trolling, the m4a1 - the first real gun in the game is fabricated in the us. or uk, i dont give a shit, atleast i can tell you its not russian. And now your trying to tell me its not getting added to the game cause its  not russian?

- Then dont go to elektro, idk why people always think elektro and cherno are the places to be.

-There is a difference between an APC and an AS50. Also it would maybe be an option to take out cars when they are released. (Considering their not going to start burning after 1 shot with the AS50).

M16 and M4 might be made in US however they are the nikes of rifles they are sold everywhere almost, NATO/UN has alot of them, if theres a pandemic they are the ones in first with the aid from whatever unit or branch attached to the mission. 

and about recoil M16 and M4s have no kick whatsoever, .50 cal in some models even have a spring on the barrel to lessen the kick, I know you mentioned that this is a game, however a simulator one. 

if this was a fighter simulator i wouldn't add a laser cannon on my f22 raptor or an X-wing to face a SU-27, why because a simulator wants to draw you the player as close as possible to the real thing, thus no elite power sniper rifle in dayz SA, Mosin is pretty powerful according to history. 

Edited by reapers239

If im a troll, your some kid that got killed on the first day of playing DayZ, by an AS50 then never found one and got mad?

Lol. You're too cute.

I've already said I enjoy sniping on the mod. It's fun. I'm simply saying for the SA, a true zombie apocalypse based game. Not everyone will have the training or even the capability to snipe. Why ruin something with AS50's? Let's see how the game plays out on a balanced scale where other players aren't trolling each other 800 meters away. Let's try and see how it goes first, then talk abut sniper rifles. The SA hasn't been out a week and already someone is crying cause they dont have their precious AS50. I already named games that have those weapons if that's what you want to do.

Can't you enjoy the SA for what it is?

Just because there's military bases doesn't mean they'd even have .50 sniper rifles there, in fact it's very unlikely. Added to the fact the bases are very small. The only way I'd tolerate .50 rifles in the games is if it was literally like one .50 per 2000 players or probably even higher.

Id be fine with that, atleast there would be a little chance of me getting it.

lol, not sure if serious or just trolling, the m4a1 - the first real gun in the game is fabricated in the us. or uk, i dont give a shit, atleast i can tell you its not russian. And now your trying to tell me its not getting added to the game cause its not russian?

- there is a difference between an assault rifle, and a high powerd sniper rifle.

- heaps of people head to the big cities, because they're on the coast and easy to get to. Who would want to spawn on the coast and spend an hour walking to Zeleno or Stary?

- The same can be said for an AS50. The difference is, the M4 is a lot easier to handle.

- Thats not the point. I am saying that you want AS50s because there is military camps, so that would 'fit the setting'. So if there is military camps, why not add APCs and tanks because that fits the purpose of a military camp too, doesn't it?

Also, even if there is army camps around the country, what kind of military uses .50 caliber sniper rifles against unarmoured zombies?

• Like 1

never said it was the same, but an average person couldnt handle the recoil of a .50cal same as he couldnt handle the recoil of an m4.

I have fired various weapons, recoil of an m4 is tolerable, it's there but you can live with it. 

50 cal is much more heavy, and an average joe wouldn't be able to use it. 

• Like 5

Oooh. An internet badass. How profound. You're not as cool as you might think.

An internet badass who thinks he'll win internet arguments by putting something in someone's mouth. First of all genius I never even implied I'm killing off fresh spawns on the coast. In fact I've been in the north since day one I started playing standalone. Second of all if you're willing to let a potential threat to sit somewhere on your ass even if it's a kilometer away then you fully deserve to be shot time and time again when respawning.

Oh and I forgot to say. It's easier to get rid of potential threats with an accurate rifle than with an assault carbine.

Oops, didn't mean to reply here. Thought you said something important. Instead you're trying to troll. Good for you. Again, you think I care what you think, how absurd.

- there is a difference between an assault rifle, and a high powerd sniper rifle.

- heaps of people head to the big cities, because they're on the coast and easy to get to. Who would want to spawn on the coast and spend an hour walking to Zeleno or Stary?

- The same can be said for an AS50. The difference is, the M4 is a lot easier to handle.

- Thats not the point. I am saying that you want AS50s because there is military camps, so that would 'fit the setting'. So if there is military camps, why not add APCs and tanks because that fits the purpose of a military camp too, doesn't it?

Also, even if there is army camps around the country, what kind of military uses .50 caliber sniper rifles against unarmoured zombies?

-of course there is, so what?

-going up half a mile to some small town is totally enough.

-its easier to handle, a normal civ couldnt handle it anyways.

-why use APC`s or Tanks with HE shells agains unarmored zombies?