Sign in to follow this  
knawx

What do you think about adding this item?

What if you could find a functional camera in DayZ. A DSLR that you could actually take pictures with in game. The camera would be fully functional and you would be able to adjust things like iso, aperture, and shutter speed.

The camera would consist of four parts. A body, lens, sd card, and battery. All of these would have to be combined to make it work. Perhaps there could even be multiple lenses in the world to find. 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, and 200mm etc.

The photos would be viewable through the inventory system. Right click on camera to see the option "view photos". This would bring the photos up full screen for you to flip through. From here you could select photos to "save". These would be saved to your computer like a screenshot.

Think about killing someone and discovering they had a camera, you could then flip through all of their photos. I believe this would add a pretty awesome feature to DayZ that could be enjoyed by the players.

Thoughts?

• Like 13

I can only imagine the community would snap some amazing shots.

What if you could find a functional camera in DayZ. A DSLR that you could actually take pictures with in game. The camera would be fully functional and you would be able to adjust things like iso, aperture, and shutter speed.

The camera would consist of four parts. A body, lens, sd card, and battery. All of these would have to be combined to make it work. Perhaps there could even be multiple lenses in the world to find. 35mm, 50mm, 85mm, and 200mm etc.

The photos would be viewable through the inventory system. Right click on camera to see the option "view photos". This would bring the photos up full screen for you to flip through. From here you could select photos to "save". These would be saved to your computer like a screenshot.

Think about killing someone and discovering they had a camera, you could then flip through all of their photos. I believe this would add a pretty awesome feature to DayZ that could be enjoyed by the players.

Thoughts?

I agree with everyone else on taking nice scenic pictures. But I REALLY like your idea of flipping through a bandits or anyone elses camera and seeing what there "Adventures" and exploration has consisted of.. Almost reminds me of like.. the Wolf Pack looking through the crazy pictures at the end of the Hangover movies haha.

Edited by PastorPounder
  • Like 1

Yeah I think it would be pretty incredible to find a camera on a body and look at the photos that they had taken.

The idea is quite nice and would sit well along with custom writable notes.

But I can imagine, that the multitude of pictures to be saved would put a massive load on the hive server...

Would be cool if it wasn't a digital, so it printed the pictures fter you take them. Also, camera flash. Imagine seeing random flashes coming from an Apartment window. That could also be used to see loot in a dark room.

Interesting ideas. I like the camera flash idea.

As to the concern about the load that the images might have on the server, perhaps you could make so each memory card could only hold a certain number of photos to keep the quantity down.

Awesome idea. However, this should not and will not be their main priority.
If this does get implemented it will probably be a lot closer to beta - full release. : )

This is a great idea, but I think it should be a Polaroid Camera instead of a Digital Camera. Once you take the picture it prints immediately and is added to your inventory. You can then either right click it and inspect it, or hold in your hand and view the photo in first person.  

• Like 1

This is a great idea, but I think it should be a Polaroid Camera instead of a Digital Camera. Once you take the picture it prints immediately and is added to your inventory. You can then either right click it and inspect it, or hold in your hand and view the photo in first person.

I thought of this as well, but I really like the idea of being able to control the depth of field and other controls as well that a Dslr would provide.

A way to print them and leave them in the world would be awesome though.

Thoughts?

Polaroid camera

i would go around taking photos of ppl at night with flash lol...

maybe take pictures of some bandits as they aim their guns at me and look in the camera and see themselves before they kill me ><

that one thing shouldnt get damaged like anything else tho...