Pandema

Weapon flashlights and RIS handguards

Am I retarded or am I missing something here?

I've got an RIS handguard mounted on my M4 in pristine condition, and a weapon flashlight in my bag with a shiny new battery loaded.

I can't get the damn light to attach, I've tried dragging, checking the r-click menu, turning it on first, putting it on the ground, trying with the battery in and out.

Nothing. Nothing at all.

So, what am I doing wrong?

That should be all you need. For me I can't get the combat bayonet mounted to my m4 for some reason (even though i know its not functional) 

That should be all you need. For me I can't get the combat bayonet mounted to my m4 for some reason (even though i know its not functional) 

do you have the silencer on? because bayonets replaces silencers.

I have  a pristine weapon flashlight and can't attach to my M4 or my pistol. :/

There are different hand grips, one of them helps add attachments. Can't remember it's name but read the discriptions of them

Same here... Have a RIS handguard and can't attach it for shit...

I'll keep trying every single weapon flashlight I find to see it fits! But no luck so far!

Mine works just fine, RIS handguard and flashlight. I couldnt get it to turn on however, just read above that it needs a battery though XD

Edited by Kilo_UK

Doesnt work here either got m4, ris handguard, weapon flashlight and battery but it just doesnt go in (it just shows red when trying to drag). Been trying allkinda drags n drops n r-clicks etc. Cant even mount it in FN as someone else said aswell. I found the pistol light and it works on FNX but the other weapon flashlight still doesnt work in m4. I even tried on multiple m4's as i happened to found few of them.

Edited by MangoX

Careful guys, there is 2 types of lights for weapons, in case that some guys don't know this...

This ones are for FNX only...

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Pistol_Flashlight

Instead of this ones that are only for M4....

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Weapon_Flashlight

Two kind of diferent lights.

Equip(as in the weapon is in your hands) the M4 and drag the flashlight ON TO the RIS handguard, not just anywhere on the M4. Make sure you also have the weapon flashlight and not the pistol flashlight which are two separate items.

Equip(as in the weapon is in your hands) the M4 and drag the flashlight ON TO the RIS handguard, not just anywhere on the M4. Make sure you also have the weapon flashlight and not the pistol flashlight which are two separate items.

Still doesnt work. Not by draging on top of handguard or next to handguard on "empty slot". Also tried to hold weapon in hand and off hand. And it is right flaslight too. Bug maybe or something? Alltho ive seen it working on some youtube videos...

Edited by MangoX

you are probably just retarde- i mean, um.. i don´t know.

you are probably just retarde- i mean, um.. i don´t know.

Yea maybe.. Seems ive lost my handguard while ive been swapping m4's. I just noticed my handguard is regular one. I did have the RIS one at the beginning tho. As i did double check it.. Anyways it works now with RIS.

Also noticed it need to be dragged on top off handguard in the "image" of m4 when its in your hand.. Instead of handguard "image" below gun. Was only way i actually got it to work.

Edited by MangoX