Sign in to follow this  
outlaw1198

please remove the barracks at balota

I dont get this~!!

WHY would they do that? Stayr was an AMAZING battleground. 

This really really annoys me.

Yea i was a good place to have the miliatary spawn it was in the middle of the map.

Also they remove the tents a berozino

I don't really see the big deal. The mod, in its various forms and iterations, had military loot spawns at Balota as well. Even then, we still saw a good number of players travel north and not hug the coast.

Yes but the mods had one barracks, one atc and 2 hangers not 3 barracks,a cammo building, a atc, 2 hangers and 10-15 tents

All the epic encounters in Stary Sobor will be but a distant memory :(

And will be replaced with new locations where future epic encounters can be had. So far, I'm loving the new Chernarus.

• Like 2

And will be replaced with new locations where future epic encounters can be had. So far, I'm loving the new Chernarus.

Yes mabey but most of the new locations are based around the coast and that means 75% off the map is been wasted

I completely agree.

The way it worked in the mod was great. You had to gear up a little bit down south, grabbing something like a winchester, food + water, and then make the epic journey north.

The way it worked in the mod was incredibly repetitive, predictable and boring. Spawn, get a backpack, maybe a compass and some beans then run north. Every. Single. Time.

High value spawns in the south will, I wager, almost always be picked clean once the "real" loot system is in. In addition, they will be incredibly heavily camped and therefore extremely dangerous. Going there will still be far less effective than traveling to less well-known hot spots to find your items.

Removing them is premature and unnecessary. Thankfully I think rocket understands that making map changes to account for loot balance before the loot mechanics are even implemented is beyond ridiculous.

• Like 3

There is no problem lol so the barracks should stay exactly like it is...the reason people aren't north yet is because there is no need to go there yet ....no vehicles ...no chopper crashes ...nothing but it will most likely change when dean adds more weapons and stuff to the game. Anyways why should people be forced to go north to get gear ? whats wrong with staying/going south for high end loot? nothing that's what.

Edited by Massicor

I have to agree here, its right that people will camp in the balota hills and stay there for years because all you need, is in one City.

The Hero Camp in Balota (Med-Tents) is pumped with unecessary Tents which are #1 Empty #2 Spammed all over the place #3 Making FPS break in. The barracks should be reduced to TWO, and placed along the border, not in the middle of the airfield.

The way it worked in the mod was incredibly repetitive, predictable and boring. Spawn, get a backpack, maybe a compass and some beans then run north. Every. Single. Time.

High value spawns in the south will, I wager, almost always be picked clean once the "real" loot system is in. In addition, they will be incredibly heavily camped and therefore extremely dangerous. Going there will still be far less effective than traveling to less well-known hot spots to find your items.

Removing them is premature and unnecessary. Thankfully I think rocket understands that making map changes to account for loot balance before the loot mechanics are even implemented is beyond ridiculous.

But what you are saying is wrong people don't care about danger when you are a freshspawn so what you die you lost nothing but if you do not die you get a m4 so there will be no amount of danger that will stop people from going there and it will be imposible to be picked clean because when the loot system is in properly then the loot will respawn.

wow i did not know they removed the tents at berezino well that really means they need to have something up there because there is no point going over there. there is nothing there that is worth taking if that is the case.

Besides the hospital and Grocery Store which if everyone thinks like that will be free game...

Disagreeing with OP relax it's a joke

Whilst I agree with you to some extent, the fix to this problem is not pasting three barracks on the shore where people spawn.

That makes no logical sense.

Sure add a few more military locations up north just which are just as good as the NWAF. But don't put them on the shore.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

I think a lot of you are getting a little too focused on how the loot is handled right this instant.  This can change from update to update.   And there's no reason to remove the barracks at all.  Reduction in M4 availability will likely take place as other weapons are introduced. 

Reduction in ammo on the coast would almost certainly solve the pvp so it's silly to demand the barracks removal.  Strangely, after a few hours of a servers life, it's really hard to find M4's and ammo.  Where are you guys playing?  On one of those 24/7 daylight servers or one that gets reset every hour?

• Like 1

There is no problem lol so the barracks should stay exactly like it is...the reason people aren't north yet is because there is no need to go there yet ....no vehicles ...no chopper crashes ...nothing but it will most likely change when dean adds more stuff more weapons and stuff to the game. Anyways why should people be forced to go north to get gear ? whats wrong with staying/going south for high end loot? nothing that's what.

the problem is that if you get high grade gear on the coast it will just turn into tdm like the mod yes i undersamd that there is no reason to go north but if it stays the way it is then fresh spawns will be killed and they will be turned away by the amount of times they spawn and die

I think a lot of you are getting a little too focused on how the loot is handled right this instant.  This can change from update to update.   And there's no reason to remove the barracks at all.  Reduction in M4 availability will likely take place as other weapons are introduced. 

Reduction in ammo on the coast would almost certainly solve the pvp so it's silly to demand the barracks removal.  Strangely, after a few hours of a servers life, it's really hard to find M4's and ammo.  Where are you guys playing?  On one of those 24/7 daylight servers or one that gets reset every hour?

when the loot system is in probably then the loot will respawn and even if more guns do get added they are still going to be MILITARY GRADE that are just been "given" to fresh spawns

Besides the hospital and Grocery Store which if everyone thinks like that will be free game...

i understand your joke, but it is not worth the trip for what you can get the same and more with less work

i understand your joke, but it is not worth the trip for what you can get the same and more with less work

in the east*

They could do it but they would have to use 2 seperate loot tabels for the spawning but even the m4 should not be given to you on spawn and there is already a civi spawn gun the mosin but the heli crashes could add more but they are not for ever in one place they are random. I am not questioning the entire balance of the guns just the fact that you have military grade weapons spawning where you start, you are not earning them, you are been "given" them.

to be clear, there was always the chance of finding military loot at Balota. or in fire stations. or the many deer stands scattered throughout the map (deer stands not spawning loot has actually greatly changed things, for me at least)

I think you're kind of associating the barracks with 'elite loot', because that's how it was in the mod. my point is it doesn't have to be like that. and there could be solutions outside of "removing" or "moving" the barracks

it's kind of a frustration I have at the moment with so many people that want to solve every 'problem' with very drastic measures, when this is all still very much a work in progress

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1

i understand you joke but the trip is not worth it for you can get the same gear and more in the west with out the same effort

More work yes, but more guarentee of items and safety (sort of)

Sure add a few more military locations up north just which are just as good as the NWAF. But don't put them on the shore.

they have added some

to be clear, there was always the chance of finding military loot at Balota. or in fire stations. or the many deer stands scattered throughout the mapI think you're kind of associating the barracks with 'elite loot', because that's how it was in the mod. my point is it doesn't have to be like that. and there could be solutions outside of "removing" or "moving" the barracksit's kind of a frustration I have at the moment with so many people that want to solve every 'problem' with very drastic measures, when this is all still very much a work in progress

i know the barracks are not going to spawn m24 and such like in the mod but i am trying to surgest an idea which will solve 2 problems with one fix that been too much milatary gear on the coast and really no point going to the east of the map

Sorry about the double post can't delete it becuase i am on a ipad i will fix it when i am on my pc in the morning

they have added some

none todate that are really far north Edited by outlaw1198

none todate that are really far north

off the top I found one west of Starry (just north of that hill in the middle of a field with a deer stand on top)

• Like 1

off the top I found one west of Starry (just north of that hill in the middle of a field with a deer stand on top)

ahh yes veresnik i forgot about that one but i think tahat is the only on up north

when the loot system is in probably then the loot will respawn and even if more guns do get added they are still going to be MILITARY GRADE that are just been "given" to fresh spawns

There is no way you can say all future guns are going to be military grade.   The goal is/was to have a central server control the loot globally.