20CC

This game will only be a niche .....

2) The reason most people agree with the developers wholeheartedly is because the ideas that the developers come up with and plan on implementing are generally good ideas. 

...or we have been following the development and so have insight into WHY they went with the decisions they did as they told us way back when. We are the ones logging into the live streams and asking questions or making suggestions all along.

thank you...i want whats best for this game...in my opinion. the developers will decide what is and what isnt but i put my input on the game . great game.. but needs more to make it mainstream

What you fail to realize is they don't want a "Mainstream" game. That is a bit opposite of what they want. 

lol...ok kid. this time next year rocket will be driving a bently you still be in your mommys basement.

Of course he will and I'll be here supporting him because I know he is driving it because he deserves it. It's actually amazing that you keep on going to the "you need to accept good criticism" arguement but you fail to stand by it in every single post you make. You are just another internet crusader who will call everyone a kid, making yourself look though. Go on and live your adult life while people waste their time in this "not MMO niche game" that everyone obviously hates, as the mod as already proven. Take a look at this and then keep your quest going 

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/04/dayz-standalone-alpha-is-a-recipe-for-disappointment-except-for-hardcore-fans/

Edited by DiscetoPT

This conversation about MMO and RPG is totally pointless. Let's examine those acronyms.

M- Massive - Check.

M- Multiplayer - Check.

O- Online - Check.

So DayZ is an MMO.

RPG - Role Playing Game.

In DayZ you play the role of a survivor in the Apocalypse. You can also choose to play the role of a Bandit, or a Heroic player, or simply try to stay neutral and survive at all costs.

So DayZ is a role playing game. You don't have to have "skills" or "levels" or "magic" for something to be an MMO, or an RPG.

So what are we arguing about? Learn your definitions, people.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

Everyone's opinion, even relative newcomer's is valid. 

All opinions should be acknowledged but not all of them are "valid". Being an "opinion" does not magically make something that is wrong correct. 

1) Telling somebody that they have a reading comprehension problem is an insult. Your argument becomes less credible the more you insult somebody. It's very difficult to take you seriously at the moment.

2) The reason most people agree with the developers wholeheartedly is because the ideas that the developers come up with and plan on implementing are generally good ideas. This is human nature - when somebody says something that you agree with, you tend to express your agreement with them. Rocket and the rest of the development team has a very clear vision about the type of game that they want to develop. This vision is very experimental and breaks a lot of elementary game design rules and formulas (such as multiplayer games needing character progression [early/middle/end game]). Your ideas basically carry the message of "These rules and formulas can never be broken or deviated away from if you want a successful game." People are bashing your ideas because you're saying something can't happen without specific elements, when according to the huge success of the game thus far, they clearly can.

3) I don't know who you are, and I don't know what specific skills you possess, so I could be entirely wrong when I say this, but I'm assuming that you've never actually developed or helped contribute to the development of a game. The alpha has been out for about four days, and since its release, three patches have been released. Of those three patches, two of them included battery licking. The first battery patch introduced the ability to actually lick a battery, and the second fixed a bug that licking batteries introduced. The first battery patch also included a large number of other changes, including a number of changes that tightened security holes, preventing hackers and exploiters from ruining the game for othersHow many development hours do you think were attributed to battery-licking, and how many development hours do you think were attributed to patching exploits? I'll give you a hint: One of them is much more difficult to do than the other, and adding a new option to a dynamic entity in the ArmA engine is much easier than patching security holes in the engine itself.

it doesnt take away from the fact that dayzmod is better than the standalone ....as of now. to me it seems like they are working backwards. its not my opinion only but alot of people i know who play it say so also. i just posted to give the developers a heads up.which is what a tester is suppose to do . as far as reading comp thing goes. if someone says i said something that i did not say and has a hard copy of it in front of his face then he has a reading comprehension . i did not introduce the negativity in this post i got flamed by a few people with no constructive critisism on their part just calling em names... to those people i responded likewise cause im not a sucker. the rest responded to my post by disagreeing which is fine , thats what forums are for . and a couple agreed with some of my points and not with others. i at no time attacked anyone who disagreed with me , i attacked those who attacked me on a forum. as in real life if you step to me ill step to you, if you want to have a beer with me ill have a beer with you. dont insult me because i defended myself

• Like 1

All opinions should be acknowledged but not all of them are "valid". Being an "opinion" does not magically make something that is wrong correct. 

In another way of saying this, Your allowed to have your opinion, but other's are allowed to have an opinion of your opinion.

20CC,

to me the SA is already far superior to the mod.

Needs a bunch of fixes, needs more zombies. 

But I play survivor, not helo builder not base builder not bandit king.

To me SA is way more reliable, way more immersive and way more fun.

• Like 1

i did not introduce the negativity in this post

( i bought it ...my mommy and daddy didnt buy it ) .

but it seems that the majority of the people posting on these forums are just yessirs and fanboys who would say "great idea " to adding an autographed dildo sign rocket to their inventory

:emptycan:

• Like 2

Don't waste your breath on the mindless fanboys, make your point and leave mate.

ill take that advice..thanks

This conversation about MMO and RPG is totally pointless. Let's examine those acronyms.

M- Massive - Check.

M- Multiplayer - Check.

O- Online - Check.

So DayZ is an MMO.

RPG - Role Playing Game.

In DayZ you play the role of a survivor in the Apocalypse. You can also choose to play the role of a Bandit, or a Heroic player, or simply try to stay neutral and survive at all costs.

So DayZ is a role playing game. You don't have to have "skills" or "levels" or "magic" for something to be an MMO, or an RPG.

So what are we arguing about? Learn your definitions, people.

I kinda understand where you are going with it and I agree in the MMO part, but dayz I don't think it is considered an RPG. You can indeed choose to play as a hero, bandit, survivor, etc but it is not something you are set to do from the start, thats somtehing you can even change as the game goes, ie starting as a bandit killing people in cherno and elektro and then later deciding that you are going to change your game style and become a hero in the same life. In RPG's, however, you choose your character at the start and you play according to it's features and there is no turning back mid game.

I hate to break it to you, but DayZ is not an "MMO" as you seem to think.

Also, mod was very successful.

20CC,

to me the SA is already far superior to the mod.

Needs a bunch of fixes, needs more zombies. 

But I play survivor, not helo builder not base builder not bandit king.

To me SA is way more reliable, way more immersive and way more fun.

come on..you serious? other than the fact that you dont need to dload arma to play it ,its the same game

In another way of saying this, Your allowed to have your opinion, but other's are allowed to have an opinion of your opinion.

Not at all. Everyone is entitled to have an opinion. However, I could have the opinion that the moon is made of cheese and that does not mean the moon is made of cheese. I could have the opinion that old men wearing baseball caps drive slower than everyone else, that doesn't make it a VALID opinion. I can also have the opinion that the Vikings are a great football team, but this years stats would prove that opinion wrong. 

@Mercules:

Actually... You have a point, in a limited sense. Validity is separate from truth, however, as valid arguments dont have to be true to be valid.

So let me restructure that. Everyone has a right to An opinion. No matter what that opinion is, or how much other people think it goes against the core or "vision" of the game. We should not invalidate people's opinions and suggestions based on who those people are or what games they play, and so on.

My main point is that we should be arguing opinions and not attacking people. Once that happens, we all look bad.

INTRO

I honestly tried to respond to your post, but it started turning into a novel because, shockingly, you're literally wrong about every single thing. It's astonishing.

I mean "an MMO can't work without factions?" That's what you're going with? Gee, let's list MMO's that did just fine without factions, shall we? EverQuest, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy, EVE Online... should I go on? I could go on because the list is really long.

Anyway, yeah. My best advice to you is to go back to WoW, and I don't usually tell people to "go play another game" because I think that's tired and gets old, but it's honestly what you need to do. DayZ is not the game for you.

@Mercules:

Actually... You have a point, in a limited sense. Validity is separate from truth, however, as valid arguments dont have to be true to be valid.

So let me restructure that. Everyone has a right to An opinion. No matter what that opinion is, or how much other people think it goes against the core or "vision" of the game. We should not invalidate people's opinions and suggestions based on who those people are or what games they play, and so on.

My main point is that we should be arguing opinions and not attacking people. Once that happens, we all look bad.

I agree, but telling someone their opinion does not match up with the vision of the game is not "Attacking them". Pointing out lapses in logic in their arguments is not attacking them. Calling people fanboys and stating that they want dildos in their inventory screen as if playing with dildos is a bad thing is homophobic and attacking them. 

come on..you serious? other than the fact that you dont need to dload arma to play it ,its the same game

wow, no its not, nearly every inventory bug is fixed and a far better scheme is in place.

the massive amount of internal space on the map totally changes the nature of surviving. It now takes over an hour to search a small town. The feeling of imersion when you really have most of the portrayed world to explore is huge to me.

Even the nature of the terrain and placement of buildings seems much improved to me.

I love the fatigue, I love the loss of fluids, (but not the amount you have to drink to get full, and I have collapsed from dehydration in real life, you don't have to drink 120 times to recover.)

I love the pace you have to move at. 

All that is in SA is the fundamentals of the new version and go me they are massively better then any version of the mod.

to me, its way way different to play then the mod. You hate it but thinks its the same game. hmm

I honestly tried to respond to your post, but it started turning into a novel because, shockingly, you're literally wrong about every single thing. It's astonishing.

I mean "an MMO can't work without factions?" That's what you're going with? Gee, let's list MMO's that did just fine without factions, shall we? EverQuest, Ultima Online, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy, EVE Online... should I go on? I could go on because the list is really long.

Anyway, yeah. My best advice to you is to go back to WoW, and I don't usually tell people to "go play another game" because I think that's tired and gets old, but it's honestly what you need to do. DayZ is not the game for you.

dont tell me dayz is not a game for me..who are you to tell me that? you pay for my game? my computer? i have played dayzmod since day one . im not a poster on forums i like to browse them from time to time. yes there are factions in those games cause i have played them all cept eve. dont make me kist them . can you guild up in those games? yes you can cause i have raided hardcore in all of them.. can you guild up in dayz? no you cant..not ingame

Wha?

this game is not an MMO. 50 or 60 players is not massive. 

Is Chess a MMO? a million people playing it 2 at a time?

wow, no its not, nearly every inventory bug is fixed and a far better scheme is in place.

the massive amount of internal space on the map totally changes the nature of surviving. It now takes over an hour to search a small town. The feeling of imersion when you really have most of the portrayed world to explore is huge to me.

Even the nature of the terrain and placement of buildings seems much improved to me.

I love the fatigue, I love the loss of fluids, (but not the amount you have to drink to get full, and I have collapsed from dehydration in real life, you don't have to drink 120 times to recover.)

I love the pace you have to move at. 

All that is in SA is the fundamentals of the new version and go me they are massively better then any version of the mod.

to me, its way way different to play then the mod. You hate it but thinks its the same game. hmm

when exactly did i say i hated the game?  lol you people where you getting these things from

Dude walk away they are not even following whats going on.

They are just pushing there own narcissistic agenda.......proper cocks

your right man..wtf.... im outta this thread. mods please delete

dont tell me dayz is not a game for me..who are you to tell me that? 

A person who read your post and saw a ton of stuff that DayZ will never do or have and you complaining about it? It's not hard to put together that you're not going to like DayZ. It's like someone saying "I hate the taste of oranges" and then telling them they will probably not like orange juice. Who am I to say they won't like orange juice? Well, just a person who knows they hate the taste of oranges. It's not hard to put together.

i have played dayzmod since day one

Then you should probably know what a ridiculous post this is and how none of the shit you listed is ever going to happen, ever.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

@Mercules:

But how many people are attacking opinions for being contrary to the vision without also calling them a noob, idiot, or telling them to "go back to CoD/WoW/whathaveyou?" That's what I would like to see less of, as it contributes to the toxic environment these forums are taking on.

In addition, ideas that may seem to go against the vision may in fact improve the game. Derailing discussions (and I am not referring to you) because they run contrary to the core won't help us improve the game.

@ZedsDead:

I'd just like to point out that EVE and UO both have optional "hard-coded" factional warfare, as well as "soft" factions such as guilds, corps, and alliances.