20CC

This game will only be a niche .....

No shit the end game is missing. Christ people. Seriously. It is completely obvious that there needs to be more content and if you had paid any attention at all for the last year of development you would know that they are aware and planning to implement features and depth.  They aren't trying to keep people around because the alpha is meant to help development. It isn't to secure the attention of new players nor even for new players to purchase it.  What is laughable is that all these people think that they need to make new threads about this bullshit. They are just making forum dirty for no reason, and being annoying as hell. It's also annoying that these dudes that have 1 post think they need to chime in on shit people have been talking about in the suggestion forum since the beginning of the mod.  Add to another thread. Stop being so freaking narcissistic that you think your page long post deserves a spotlight.  There are plenty of other threads to add your opinion to. People are just rehashing shit over and over. Your ideas are not new. This dude's thread is extraordinarily absurd and stupid. (i'm talking to all the people posting this shit not specifically to you in that regard)  

well im not a forum lurker like you. i posted my one and only thread as my suggestions to the developers of the game to contribute my ideas to them. what i thought so far about the game and what i think would be an improvement. i also added a sidenote to those people who would like to post their opinions about the game but are afraid of people like you who lurk the forums and bash anything that goes contrary . you are sided witht he developers i see. me..as a paying customer i dont take any developer at their words because they at the end of the day are in it for the money . my hard earned money i throw at any game i see fit to play. if i dont like it i dont spend my money on it . maybe you have your moomy and daddy giving you allowance but i work for mine and therefore entitled to and opinion. forum trolls like you are bad and i have browsed many a gane forums and always see people like you. to everyone else who want to say something but are afraid because of forum trolls...dont be scared to voice your opinion

i dont take any developer at their words because they at the end of the day are in it for the money

Yeah Rocket was so in it for the money when he made that free game mod in his spare time for fun because he wanted to make a game he wanted to play. He definitely knew it was going to explode in popularity and lead to it's own standalone retail game 2 years ago when he started it.

Edited by Weedz

Yeah Rocket was so in it for the money when he made that free game mod in his spare time for fun because he wanted to make a game he wanted to play.

lol...ok kid. this time next year rocket will be driving a bently you still be in your mommys basement.

Edited by 20CC

I agree, Pie. I don't see a need for factions. And if they did exist, not allowing you the freedom to kill faction members would be, in my opinion, a huge mistake. DayZ for me, is about freedom, and that's what I hope it encourages.

But if people want factions, I have no issue with them saying such.

Nothing wrong with niche games.

I wouldn't mind factions, but if not thats fine too.

The grind?   So in an unexpected apocalypse scenario you think you will walk outside and a crate of everything for need to survive for the next 6 months will just be waiting for you?

If you don't enjoy the scavenging and searching aspect of DayZ, than its probably not for you.  I personally love it i dunno.

I stopped when I saw ENDGAME.

Enough is enough with that phrase already. Sorry.  

Edited by StzA

What is laughable is that all these people think that they need to make new threads about this bullshit. They are just making forum dirty for no reason, and being annoying as hell. It's also annoying that these dudes that have 1 post think they need to chime in on shit people have been talking about in the suggestion forum since the beginning of the mod.  Add to another thread. Stop being so freaking narcissistic that you think your page long post deserves a spotlight.

I'll let you know it's pretty annoying with these dudes that have 65 posts and think that entitles them to being entitled cunts as well. You have two posts in this thread. If I were to weigh the douchiness and narcissism of your post and OP's I don't think you want to know the results.

You have no right to define the area of discussion in these forums. If you don't like an idea that's suggested, then argument against it. If you think the suggestion is not worth discussing, then fuck off and let those who do discuss it.

Edited by CREDiBLE

lol...ok kid. this time next year rocket will be driving a bently you still be in your mommys basement.

Insults about "mommy's basement" and calling people "forum lurkers" when you just joined the forum yourself isn't a great way to try and make a point or make yourself sound like you're right.

I have to agree with what pretty much everyone else has said counter to your OP as well.  Your suggestion for example about forcing players to choose Red. vs. Blue factions in DayZ is completely contrary to the whole basic principles of the game.  DayZ isn't capture the flag or team deathmatch.  Rocket has mentioned player mods possibly in DayZ's future but for the base game, that would jut be a terrible idea.  DayZ is a sandbox/survival game where players create their own interactions.

You're ranting about a game that was just released this week, is still alpha (and by the way is better than many open betas I've played) and oh by the way sold nearly 200,000 copies the day it was released...and counting.

You portray yourself as some jack-of-all-trades expert at MMO's, yet what you just spewed out of your mouth was garbage. A MMO needs factions? What the hell? A RPG needs factions. I feel you get MMO and RPG messed up. You're mad cause there's no end game? The EARLY ACCESS ALPHA has been out for 4 days...... 

This game will always be a niche, that isn't a bad thing.  Not everyone wants to play a harsh difficult punishing game like this.  

Shadow: I wouldn't attack him on that issue. Most MMOs, of any kind, have factions in some form, whether they are hard coded or player created. Yes, even the ones with no discernible RPG elements.

Dayz isnt an mmo, other than you play it online with other people, its pretty asinine of OP to make comparisons of dayz to say WoW or EvE with the whole factions thing, so OP came pretty close to discrediting himself entirely in his first point. There is absolutely no point whatsoever to adding "factions" to the Dayzgame, if anything it does have factions be it Bandits/survivors, banding with friends etc makes more sense, and I really dont feel sorry for the poor schmuck who doles out his money to play solo and has no idea what hes getting into. Its YOUR money you should at least do some basic researching before you spend it.

OP further discredits himself with the second point, at this stage in the game there isn't really much crafting/loot etc period. In the mod you could craft things like booby traps, trip wires etc to guard your loot, from my understanding crafting/construction is to be significantly more so in the standalone. Also just from a background concept it makes more sense that you would have to gather different materials to make medical equipment especially. Since you know as the world went into the shitter by the time dayz came around food, and real medical supplies would be few and far between. Things could get over tedious there but still, complaining about not being able to build things etc at this point is silly.

3rd party systems either 1. Make it far too easy for security breaches, or just dumb the game down to an abysmal state IE wow with all the mods that basically do the end game raids for you

OP finishes off by complaining about the lack of zombies, there have already been several statements made as to why the zombie numbers are so low, they are testing other things/implementing other features without trying to overload the servers among other things, lastly Dayz was never supposed to have an endgame its a sandbox you're only objective is to survive as long aspossible, Eve is a very successful MMO, it has no endgame and is a sandbox.

tl;dr

OP is another chucklehead who doesn't use the search function has no idea what hes talking about

well im not a forum lurker like you. i posted my one and only thread as my suggestions to the developers of the game to contribute my ideas to them. what i thought so far about the game and what i think would be an improvement. i also added a sidenote to those people who would like to post their opinions about the game but are afraid of people like you who lurk the forums and bash anything that goes contrary . you are sided witht he developers i see. me..as a paying customer i dont take any developer at their words because they at the end of the day are in it for the money . my hard earned money i throw at any game i see fit to play. if i dont like it i dont spend my money on it . maybe you have your moomy and daddy giving you allowance but i work for mine and therefore entitled to and opinion. forum trolls like you are bad and i have browsed many a gane forums and always see people like you. to everyone else who want to say something but are afraid because of forum trolls...dont be scared to voice your opinion

Why are you insulting people for disagreeing with your opinion? Just because somebody thinks your ideas are illogical for this type of game, doesn't mean they're a troll. It also doesn't mean that they're thirteen and used their allowance to buy the game.

Insulting people who disagree with you only discredits your own argument.

Also, having an extensive history with MMOs doesn't automatically qualify you as an expert on game design, particularly when your history includes games that aren't at all similar to the one you're trying to give an opinion on.

• Like 1

People are saying DayZ is so unique because it's so unlinear. Well, some of the elements may be unlinear, but there's nothing unlinear about the experience. You loot up, you die. That's DayZ. And that's why mods like Epoch, Overwatch and Origins have overthrown the original DayZ in popularity. They bring about endgames DayZ never have.

See, now this is the kind of mentality that causes games like DayZ to devolve into an endless deathmatch. Just because there are no endgames that are programmed by the developers doesn't mean there is nothing to do other than get gear and KOS. Think about your experiences in DayZ mod. Depending on how long you played it for, I'd be really surprised if you told me you've never found anyone creating their own endgame. I once met a guy in Cherno who claimed to be a watch salesman, there was a trading post on the server I went on for a while, and I ran a charity out of Elektro church. And maybe you;ve seen that video on Youtube about the guys who kidnapped players and forced them into Gladiator-style fights to the death. That's what the endgame should be like in DayZ, not anything artificial or scripted. It should all be up to the player, to create their own story.

Why are you insulting people for disagreeing with your opinion? Just because somebody thinks your ideas are illogical for this type of game, doesn't mean they're a troll. It also doesn't mean that they're thirteen and used their allowance to buy the game.

Insulting people who disagree with you only discredits your own argument.

Also, having an extensive history with MMOs doesn't automatically qualify you as an expert on game design, particularly when your history includes games that aren't at all similar to the one you're trying to give an opinion on.

i insult people who insult me...i have no problem with disagreeing with me.... reread his post towards me

i insult people who insult me...i have no problem with disagreeing with me.... reread his post towards me

That's very mature of you.  ;)

i have no problem with disagreeing with me....

Except your OP basically said anyone who disagreed with you was a sycophant Rocket ass kisser. You, know... other than that you don't have an issue with people disagreeing with you. I notice you ignored my comments on the points you brought up and simply attacked where I pointed out you were Ad Hominen attacking others with further trolling. 

That's very mature of you.  ;)

im sure you would act better than i did under similar circumstances..

Yeaaaahhhhhh... I'm gonna have to say I think the OP missed the point of DayZ

Factions: You want factions?  Congrats! Make one gather some people together (you know we have sections for that right?) and call yourself whatever you want and start a war with whoever you want.  This game has more faction customization that a lot of games I've seen before, it's just left to you.  You don't need to in game UI for that stuff.

Grinding: This game is about life after a massive disaster.  A life like that will be the grind.  The only difference is rather than most games where I grind (yay... another monster spleen, better go deliver it to that cookie maker.) in DayZ every "grind" actually feels awesome.  (Holy mother of GOD.  I finally found a can opener, no more spilling beans for me ^.^

The confusion with relating it to MMORPGs: your MMORPG experience here falls short I'm (not) sad to say.  DayZ is more like a Rogue style game.  Your not looking to slay a dragon, you looking to feed yourself for the next round.

The Endgame: You now what the end game is to me?  Death.  Often times I don't put this game down until I've screwed up and died either due to dehydration, starvation, bullet-to-the-braination, suffocation, fell-unconscious-while-climbing-over-a-fence-ation.  Everything is just building up to that final moment where my story finally ends... on that life.

Finally OP, I will state that this is my opinion, not fact.  Just like your statement of this game is going to stay niche, is your opinion... not fact.

And honestly if it does stay fairly niche... that's fine for me.

Sickerthansars: you and Rocket seem to disagree on whether SA is an MMO.

Except your OP basically said anyone who disagreed with you was a sycophant Rocket ass kisser. You, know... other than that you don't have an issue with people disagreeing with you. I notice you ignored my comments on the points you brought up and simply attacked where I pointed out you were Ad Hominen attacking others with further trolling. 

reading comprehension problem again i see with you too.. if you carefully read my post you will see that my problem wasnt with disagreement..my problem was that everyone agrees wholeheartily with every idea the developers and when someone doesnt he gets bashed..as i am getting bashed now to prove my point. i said i read a post where battery licking was implemented and one person thought it was silly and he got bashed for it.. do you not think battery licking being implemented is silly at an alpha stage game? the people who have good ideas about the FUTURE ( i know its an alpha) OF THIS GAME GET BASHED..was the ending point to my post

( i bought it ...my mommy and daddy didnt buy it ) .

but it seems that the majority of the people posting on these forums are just yessirs and fanboys who would say "great idea " to adding an autographed dildo sign rocket to their inventory 

reading comprehension problem again i see with you too.. if you carefully read my post you will see that my problem wasnt with disagreement..my problem was that everyone agrees wholeheartily with every idea the developers and when someone doesnt he gets bashed..as i am getting bashed now to prove my point. i said i read a post where battery licking was implemented and one person thought it was silly and he got bashed for it.. do you not think battery licking being implemented is silly at an alpha stage game? the people who have good ideas about the FUTURE ( i know its an alpha) OF THIS GAME GET BASHED..was the ending point to my post

No, I only bash people when they are being idiots. when someone brings up a valid concern for the game I agree with them. 

As I have stated and will state again, "Liking something does not mean you haven't carefully weighed all it's merits and flaws."  

Your ideas were blatantly stupid for the type of game Dean "Rocket2Guns" Hall is trying to make. I would be doing the community and you a disservice letting you think I agreed with you by keeping silent. 

the people who have good ideas about the FUTURE ( i know its an alpha) OF THIS GAME GET BASHED..was the ending point to my post

It may be a good idea to the person who thought of it, but that doesn't mean it would be beneficial to the game. I don't think the majority people are here just to bash unpopular opinions (although we do have our share of those people, like any other community), they just care about what they think is best for the game. Same as you.

1) Telling somebody that they have a reading comprehension problem is an insult. Your argument becomes less credible the more you insult somebody. It's very difficult to take you seriously at the moment.

2) The reason most people agree with the developers wholeheartedly is because the ideas that the developers come up with and plan on implementing are generally good ideas. This is human nature - when somebody says something that you agree with, you tend to express your agreement with them. Rocket and the rest of the development team has a very clear vision about the type of game that they want to develop. This vision is very experimental and breaks a lot of elementary game design rules and formulas (such as multiplayer games needing character progression [early/middle/end game]). Your ideas basically carry the message of "These rules and formulas can never be broken or deviated away from if you want a successful game." People are bashing your ideas because you're saying something can't happen without specific elements, when according to the huge success of the game thus far, they clearly can.

3) I don't know who you are, and I don't know what specific skills you possess, so I could be entirely wrong when I say this, but I'm assuming that you've never actually developed or helped contribute to the development of a game. The alpha has been out for about four days, and since its release, three patches have been released. Of those three patches, two of them included battery licking. The first battery patch introduced the ability to actually lick a battery, and the second fixed a bug that licking batteries introduced. The first battery patch also included a large number of other changes, including a number of changes that tightened security holes, preventing hackers and exploiters from ruining the game for othersHow many development hours do you think were attributed to battery-licking, and how many development hours do you think were attributed to patching exploits? I'll give you a hint: One of them is much more difficult to do than the other, and adding a new option to a dynamic entity in the ArmA engine is much easier than patching security holes in the engine itself.

• Like 1

It may be a good idea to the person who thought of it, but that doesn't mean it would be beneficial to the game. I don't think the majority people are here just to bash unpopular opinions (although we do have our share of those people, like any other community), they just care about what they think is best for the game. Same as you.

thank you...i want whats best for this game...in my opinion. the developers will decide what is and what isnt but i put my input on the game . great game.. but needs more to make it mainstream

Clumzy is absolutely right. Everyone's opinion, even relative newcomer's is valid. As much as some people (a vocal group, no doubt) feel the need to act as gatekeepers or "true fans," they're in the same boat. Argue against or for ideas. Don't attack people for the ideas they have.