current1y

Suggestion: multiple characters

more than one character is a bad idea, there are so many many many options to abuse this.

more than one character is a bad idea, there are so many many many options to abuse this.

yes yes that has been said before but unless you can point out exactly how to abuse it irrefutably you have NO point and could as well have just kept your mouth shut

yes yes that has been said before but unless you can point out exactly how to abuse it irrefutably you have NO point and could as well have just kept your mouth shut

*rolleyes* why do you assume the timer will be 10 seconds?

Most servers restart every few hours. The timeout could be 12

"who wouldn't have a character at every loot hotspot on the map" there is exactly one loot hotspot on the map? Or did you not notice we only want two chars?

And yes, the thing I described is the exact same "thing" as what was described before, just using one character less.

You guys have no arguments.

I assume nothing except you have no imagination and can't think of how having another character is beneficial.

I know having friends help each other is not the same as having a second character helping yourself.

I know you've got shitty attitude toward other forum users

I don't know why

So you just said nothing of use to the matter.

I can think of how having another character is beneficial, as stated - one to play alone and one with other guys to group up.

There just is no way to exploit it that can't be easily fixed. I have proven that a few times now with stupid people like you trying to point out how "it's so bad look at this", easily refuting your stupid points.

I have an attitude towards people that fits the people, like you - stupid. So why not call you that?

Moderator Note: Abuse, insults and personal attacks directed at other people are unacceptable. If you disagree with someone on some point, please do not resort to name calling or personal attacks. -SmashT

Edited by SmashT

I can't see any reason for your argument other than that you can't coordinate meeting up with your squad mates.

Anywho.. have a good life.  :)

I can't see any reason for your argument other than that you can't coordinate meeting up with your squad mates.

Anywho.. have a good life.  :)

One of the biggest reasons is time, or lack of it. Sure if i had 4-6 hrs to sit down at one time then yeah meeting up wouldn't be hard at all. However not every one wants to run a character that is all the way up north just to play with a fresh spawn friend. 

Another one is like what is currently happening. I just went on like a 2 hour trip up north to the north west airfield with 3 friends. We got there, looted it and then took a break. I am eating food, the other guy is doing whatever and 1 of us still wants to play. It would be great for him to have the ability to login to another character and solo it up a bit rather then risking the fully geared one and run around solo with it.

It has nothing to do with being unable to coordinate meet ups. Once you get over the Russian words it's very easy to look at maps online and see where you need to go to find each other. Heck even after 10-20 hrs you start to remember spawn locations and routes you take to get places. 

Edited by current1y

One of the biggest reasons is time, or lack of it. Sure if i had 4-6 hrs to sit down at one time then yeah meeting up wouldn't be hard at all. However not every one wants to run a character that is all the way up north just to play with a fresh spawn friend. 

Another one is like what is currently happening. I just went on like a 2 hour trip up north to the north west airfield with 3 friends. We got there, looted it and then took a break. I am eating food, the other guy is doing whatever and 1 of us still wants to play. It would be great for him to have the ability to login to another character and solo it up a bit rather then risking the fully geared one and run around solo with it.

It has nothing to do with being unable to coordinate meet ups. Once you get over the Russian words it's very easy to look at maps online and see where you need to go to find each other. Heck even after 10-20 hrs you start to remember spawn locations and routes you take to get places. 

Thanks for being civil about it.

Two people meeting halfway takes very little time 

"Risky the fully geared one" is is the main issue thought isn't it.

I can understand why you wouldn't, but just letting people have a safe character and another to do what ever they want with (for good, bad or convenience) wouldn't be in the best interest of the game. If you wish to play a certain style, have a particular plan, you weigh up the risks and be prepared for the consequences.

This is just my opinion.

And your opinion is stupid. If current1y told you anything new you just didn't read the thread, dickwad.

"meeting halfway takes very little time" you suppose running blindly through the map or you have no idea what you are talking about

I think it would be terrible as you could exploit that so easily and it'll make life even breezier for bandits you could set up in 2 different places on the same server and swap between to make sure no one escapes and also can exploit gear and loot, no sir i don't like it. 1 character is perfect!

this could make server hopping even worse.

one main character - fully geared and another back-up character with at least a gun.

so you loot a military camp and if you get killed, you just need to respawn with your back-up character, kill the attacker, loot him and get all your stuff back on top of that.

so nope.

I'd like to be able to have two or three characters as I play with a group and we all log off together and I don't want to leave the area until the next time we play.

Having characters not able to connect to the same server within an hour of each other would solve all forms of abuse, I think.

• Like 2

this could make server hopping even worse.

one main character - fully geared and another back-up character with at least a gun.

so you loot a military camp and if you get killed, you just need to respawn with your back-up character, kill the attacker, loot him and get all your stuff back on top of that.

so nope.

I think it would be terrible as you could exploit that so easily and it'll make life even breezier for bandits you could set up in 2 different places on the same server and swap between to make sure no one escapes and also can exploit gear and loot, no sir i don't like it. 1 character is perfect!

Wow, two more guys with absolutely no clue.

Read the thread next time before you open those holes in the things normally called "face".

Time limit on joining the same server with the other char and your "complaints" are null and void.

Simple fix, don't let your two characters ever be able to log onto the same server.

Have Character 1 plant some sort of 'seed' that doesn't let you log into that server on Character 2.

I would LOVE to be able to have two characters.

The ONLY people that are happy with one Character is people that are in guilds, or 'DayZ famous' - but how about the rest of us?

I like to play DayZ with my friends, but when he logs off, I log off and don't log on because I don't want to risk dying, and spending hours getting back together with my friends.

I would like to have one Character to solo with, and one to group with and there are some good ideas to combat the abuse of the system but mine ends all of that, permanently.

Not signed.

As RedWolf said, it's all about survival. You need to make the choice. If your friend isn't able, and you need food, then food must take priority. If you need to meet up, then plan the movements strategically.

I was thinking about this as well. I would love to have a solo player that I could go adventuring on without screwing up my position with my 'co-op' character with my friend.

However, my concern with that would be that people would exploit it and have multiple characters in the same spot on the map waiting to log in and kill the person that just killed them. "Scumbaggery" would become a more difficult thing to manage I think. Perhaps make it so that you can't use multiple characters on the same server? Create extra characters that are bound to a specific server?

Just some thoughts. ^^ 

They should at least test it i would love to play now but im with a friend i own warZ and thats the most enjoyable part for me i can solo one character and group the other i dont want like 6 characters but two will do 

In most mmos I play multiple characters is a must, however for some reason in dayz sa or (dayz mod even)  more then one character would seem wrong?

It forces you to plan ahead, where if you could just instantly meet up with anyone you wanted that would cheapen the whole dayz experience (imho)!

Edited by Femme Fatale

no no no no no no!!1 don't make shity War Z from it!!!!!

So adding multiple characters suddenly overtakes all other features and makes it "SHITTY WAR Z !!11111" 

Seriosusly, the WarZ comparison is stupid at this point.

Most people against multiple characters are likely lone wolf types, who don't play with friends.

Anybody that gears up with a group will easily understand the desire to just log-on and play with a secondary. 

Even with two characters, this is a bad idea. There's too many ways to abuse it. For example:

Have one character hide somewhere far away from a populated area. Have your other character go to the best loot locations, server hop, run back to where your other character is (or not) and have a friend shoot you to take the loot and repeat. Since everyone has multiple characters, one person could stay back with a loaded character (or just one with a gun) and have several friends do the looting and server hopping. If this gets implemented when tents (maybe base building) is implemented, nothing good can come from this. There'll only be super loaded out player clans.

I really have to say that this is a bad idea, because there's no stopping a friend from shooting that player. Even if server hopping for looting is fixed, it takes away the gameplay. Nobody will be running around looting with their buffed out character because they'll always have their junk character to do the death-loot runs. Multiple characters removes the risk factor from the game, and in a game about survival, that is a big no-no from me.

, nothing good can come from this. There'll only be super loaded out player clans.

Except if a group of friends play together, they're already going to be constantly geared up to the max anyhow.  Whether or not there are secondary characters available. 

What you describe makes it a little easier for a fresh spawn character to regain all their gear, the process would save them some time, but in the end most players will get most of their gear back, regardless.

I get your reasoning, and you can exploit multiple characters, but there isn't actually that much of a risk in DayZ considering how easily you can reacquire essential equpiment anyhow.  You die, you gear up again, rinse and repeat.  Pros and cons and the cons aren't all that massive imo.

Even with two characters, this is a bad idea. There's too many ways to abuse it. For example:

Have one character hide somewhere far away from a populated area. Have your other character go to the best loot locations, server hop, run back to where your other character is (or not) and have a friend shoot you to take the loot and repeat. Since everyone has multiple characters, one person could stay back with a loaded character (or just one with a gun) and have several friends do the looting and server hopping. If this gets implemented when tents (maybe base building) is implemented, nothing good can come from this. There'll only be super loaded out player clans.

I really have to say that this is a bad idea, because there's no stopping a friend from shooting that player. Even if server hopping for looting is fixed, it takes away the gameplay. Nobody will be running around looting with their buffed out character because they'll always have their junk character to do the death-loot runs. Multiple characters removes the risk factor from the game, and in a game about survival, that is a big no-no from me.

Your argument, as all that I have seen so far "against" multiple characters, is very bad.

The problem you describe actually does not lie in the multiple characters but in the loot saving. Even with one char per player, if you have the ability to stash your stuff somewhere you can loot without risk of losing it. Got that?