t-monk

Temporary solution for server-hopping already in place? (true or not)

Hello folks. As you may have notived, or probably knew already, server-hopping is a real plague in dayz. This is a non-really planned sub-feature of emergent character that in mine and many others´ opinions is a real game breaker. Well, in the early dayz it was there, then it was not, (private hives). Then its a new beginning and it is here again. It´s terrbible having to server-hop just because the next guy who may (and will) kill you is doing the same right now.

So let´s keep it short. First question - what do you think of this situation?

Second question - I´ve read on other thread that server-hopping to much will cause your character to be deleted. Is that true? If so, this is a genius solution, maybe should be kept forever. So if you hop, like x times, depending on the interval and time spent on each server your hopping character goes to history.

Great. I was hoping (not hopping) to heat something like that. But I have to know what the limits are for foresaid reasons. Any thoughts?

I've seen streams where the guy tried to server hop to an empty server in a good looting area and he was spawned back on the coast as a fresh bambi.

I was just looting a barracks when I heard someone inserting a magazine and loading their rifle like when you log in. He was upstairs. I laid prone in the hallway below, he ran down and I pumped half a mag into him. He just turned and shot me and I was dead. It's a big problem right now and it even interferes with development because the devs can't really assess the loot spawn and distribution with this shit. It needs to be fixed very soon.

I think there needs to be limitations on it. Say I go make my dinner, close the game, come back to find the server I was originally on full and wish to join a new one---my character should not in my opinion get deleted for this.

However hopping servers to gear up or get out of combat should be penalized. The time between leaving one server and joining another has to be a factor.

They do have plans to combat server hopping but nothing is in place just yet.

Characters being deleted when changing servers is a bug that they are aware of not a feature.

Any idea about if it is random or depended of certain number of close disconnections-connections etc.? Did anyone else have this?

To me this is important, because after being killed by a hopper last night, now my mission, is to hop to then kill the hoppers. (Who said dayz lacks and endgame?)

I've been stationed just outside that new military base below vybor, kabanino. It's amazing to sit and watch the server hoppers. It's common practice already. 

I think the behavior is obvious from a statistics perspective. Folks who do a mild amount of server hopping to find friends or preferred time of day needn't worry. 

I think they could detect the patterns and have a kill switch associated with it. Don't ever disclose the methodology. If someone wants to really push it, let them sweat wondering if their next "jump" will be their last.

Edited by PhilB

I've been stationed just outside that new military base below vybor, kabanino. It's amazing to sit and watch the server hoppers. It's common practice already. 

I think the behavior is obvious from a statistics perspective. Folks who do a mild amount of server hopping to find friends or preferred time of day needn't worry. 

I think they could detect the patterns and have a kill switch associated with it. Don't ever disclose the methodology. If someone wants to really push it, let them sweat wondering if their next "jump" will be their last.

So if you had a sniper it would be...hopper-killing festival. That´s what I´m talking about.

And the idea is great. You can jump but... with some risks. Maybe this should be sent to Dean.

I think one way to solve this problem. Would be if you server hop. You spawn randomly on the map somewhere(with your gear) not just on the coast . Anywhere.

This would solve a few problems

1 spawn looting.

2 stop players in battle jumping out into a new sever and getting into a better position and then coming back to the server.

I hope that made sense.

A good solution like Breaking point on Arma 3. A cooldown (8 or 10 minutes) when you tried to change server with an alive character.

Sorry if my english is not proper.

• Like 1

If the servers can track the rate at which players switch, then it can assign a hopper flag to them.

• as long as he continues to hop, he keeps the flag.
  • when a hopper enters a new server (while under "hopper flag") all loot should be invisible to him (and only him) within X kilometers of where he came in for 1 hour.

people will not be motivated to hop for loot.

Stay far clear of balota and you should be ok, it seems to be where 90% or more of the server hopping is happening and rightfully so as balota needs a massive nerf.  There shouldn't be a place within usually 5-10 minutes of spawning that gives better loot than the northern airfields.  If you do want some intense pvp however balota is extremely fun and is basically the new electro/chern.

A good solution like Breaking point on Arma 3. A cooldown (8 or 10 minutes) when you tried to change server with an alive character.

Sorry if my english is not proper.

Absolutely proper, according to any existent grammar book. And your avatar pic is so hot.