Sign in to follow this  
pojo2k8

rocket, please reduce spawn rate of motorcycle helmets (or nerf them)

I feel like I'm in the biker apocalypse.   Please spawn fewer motorcycle helmets.  I think people are wearing them because it's the only form of armor.

Perhaps it wouldn't be worn so much if there was a downside like

1) not being able to shoulder a weapon, and/or

2) not able to see through gun optics and/or

3) severely reduced hearing and/or

4) reduced visibility in first person

5) disallow headlamp

Edited by pojo2k8
  • Like 4

dude, check the changelog...they reduced that spawn rate in the first patch...since then i have only found 1 moto helmet

delete this pls

dude, check the changelog...they reduced that spawn rate in the first patch...since then i have only found 1 moto helmet

delete this pls

Meh, I still find far more Motorbike Helmets than other things. But with such a small loot table at the moment you can't expect any different.

Gas mask's should be the most rarest form of face/helmet item... For so long people wanted a gas mask in DayZ...

You have to remember that his is alpha and they don't have all the items! Give it time it's only been 5 days

There are ballistic helmets and right now the Headlamp seems to be really handy for killing zombies in the dark since you can actually see AND use an Axe at the same time. I do like a Motorcycle helmet though. It makes sense if you think about it. I know if there is something like a zombie outbreak here my first move is to load the shotgun under my bed. Next up 10" bowie and ASP Baton. Then I hit my storage area for my paintball kneepads, gloves, and most importantly my pants. They are like a kevlar weave to resist tears and I would love to see something bite through that. Then I hit the nearest motorcross sales place for the chest and arm guards as well as a helmet. 

Dunno why gas masks should be rare "just because". They would be pretty common loot at military areas and perhaps firestations. At least realistically.

Yes, it's not like new spawns should be able (unless really lucky) to get such gear quickly, but then again it does not have to be "ultra rare".

E: Can someone tell me if you can refill canteens at a well, pond or in general?

Edited by Combine

To add onto that, without creating a new thread: Shiiiieet, how? I did not get an option when right clicking the canteen at a ->well<-, nor did the well offer any. Pond then?

You can only fill canteen and waterbottle when in first person view.

Just switch to First Person and roll your mousewheel to the fill canteen option.

To add onto that, without creating a new thread: Shiiiieet, how? I did not get an option when right clicking the canteen at a ->well<-, nor did the well offer any. Pond then?

Venture over to the new player subforum, your questions can be answered there. There are also a few stickies that might contain the information you're looking for.

Here is the thing that should probably be stickied somewhere. 

Many items only give you an option if in hand. Sometimes you need something it can react with AND the item in hand to get an option. 

In this case if you have a canteen or water bottle(yes they can be refilled as well) in your hand and you point at the upper part of the pump pole on a well you should get a scroll wheel option of "Fill Water Bottle". 

You can only fill canteen and waterbottle when in first person view.

Just switch to First Person and roll your mousewheel to the fill canteen option.

Ah yes... for ponds. 

I don't think I've seen any motorcycles (wrecks) to go with all these helmets either ;-)

I wore one the first day til I got bored with it.  I prefer sunglasses and knit cap.

• Like 1

Guize...

inb4 motorcycle helmets give you a boost once bikes come out.

Safety first!

And thanks for that other thing.

Edited by Combine

winter hats... winter hats everywhere...

I'm sure it will get better when there's more variety of loot

I played all day yestrerday on a low pop and only found 2 motorcycles helmets, I actually found way more military helms and other hats.

Well you will be seen so easily with a motor helmet. Camofactor = 0.. even the green one. Wouldn't recommend using one at all. Needs no nerf in my opinion

I played all day yestrerday on a low pop and only found 2 motorcycles helmets, I actually found way more military helms and other hats.

I can spawn in and find a dozen in under 10 minutes.  The storage buildings with the 3 or double door garages are just littered with them.    Never actually found a military helmet.

The real down side should be an increase in fluid consumption and fatigue. When they get that going for all things the game will be even better. 

enjoy you 35 unit back pack, filling it is easy, moving it is hard on your fatigue

So...a guy (or girl?) from pakistan resurrects a very old thread about motorcycle helmets, to post a link to a shop from Pakistan. *looks suspecting at the post*

Edit: delete this post as well pls^^ Haven't thought you would react THAT fast ;)

Edited by LaughingJack