Vigil Vindex

Solution For Disconnect Exploit = DEATH

10 seconds would be more than enough. A zombie if not kill' date=' would inflict lots of damage. As for players I think we should leave the option to just disapear from the face of someone trying to murder you. Because right now there are just too many griefers that hunt you down. Either make a penalty for killing other players or allow them to disconnect. Today playing with a friend on TS he said that there were two guys chasing him screaming over the Voip that they are friendly.

[/quote']

Would you please just get off this forum, if you don't like player killing, go play something else, it's a part of the game, so deal with it. The game wouldn't be nearly as funny if they removed player killing or gave it some kind of penalty, and the people you call "griefers" isn't griefers at all, just because someone kill you in a PvP situation, doesn't mean they are griefers ...

This game turns into a freaking FFA instead of survival game.

haven't played for a week or so, so don't really know about this "combat icon"? Anyway, from my (long) gaming experience I feel it is the wrong way to go, especially with auto-slay when disconnecting in combat. I haven't seen a SINGLE game yet, where the combat system would ALWAYS work 100% and I'm pretty sure I will have to wait a long time before one game manages to do this. I know I would be pissed, having that combat icon on me even if the last zed encounter was well over an hour ago, and I'd really need to go...

I have been to several firefights in this game, and have NEVER even thought about the option of disconnecting. Never will.

In my opinion, the log-off timer is the best alternative.

Start testing the timer from 30 seconds, and increase the treshold until you find a value which will get the player murdered if triggered in the middle of a firefight, but also which is not a too big value if really DISCONNECTING because you have to go.

Probably something between 30-90 seconds would work for this.

But imo the logout timer must be controlable by myself like this:

ESC->want to quit?->Yes->"you will quit in 20 seconds" ... if i move (W,A,S,D) disconnecting process should stop and i should go on.

I saw that in World of Warcraft and it worked good.

Another thing is the "You can´t disconnect during a fight" message, which is only working, when you got agro from a zombie, but how to get agro from another player? That would be the prob of my idea I think.

Uh, I think until they spawn me with some sort of weapon I should keep the right to disconnect when I aggro some random zombie.

If I have no weapon to defend myself, every aggro = death or a broken bone, so to save having to respawn 20 times just to get a gun, I will keep disconnecting.

Also, since a single gun shot in any zombie-related fight = a clusterfuck of 10+ zombies that respawn almost instantly, there is absolutely no way to win.

Until that shit gets fixed leave the disconnect as is.

Every hit from zombies/bullets should apply shock. Logging off with shock = death (The body drops where it was standing). Unless the body remains after disconnect is actually working, this would be the best route.

On a side note: you should log in unconcious for 5-10 seconds, which would prevent server hoppers spawning in behind you and unloading. Also, when you join a server, you're locked to that server (character can't load in any other server) until 5-15 minutes later.

"Oh a survival game, I know how to survive everything. Let me just bind every button on my keyboard to abort."

Sick of killing people, having them abort and the body sinking in to the ground, or firing at them and them just logging off.

Every hit from zombies/bullets should apply shock. Logging off with shock = death (The body drops where it was standing). Unless the body remains after disconnect is actually working' date=' this would be the best route.

On a side note: you should log in unconcious for 5-10 seconds, which would prevent server hoppers spawning in behind you and unloading. Also, when you join a server, you're locked to that server (character can't load in any other server) until 5-15 minutes later.

"Oh a survival game, I know how to survive everything. Let me just bind every button on my keyboard to abort."

Sick of killing people, having them abort and the body sinking in to the ground, or firing at them and them just logging off.

[/quote']

^ All of this, I've missed out on 4 kills today due to people logging in and out during combat. It's pathetic, this is a survival game and of course people found a way to turn it into CareB mod for ArmaII by binding their entire keyboard to ALT+F4.

This thread = bunch of mad bads who can't land killshots.

And @_Profile_Shame your persistent bodies idea is fucking terrible and would completely ruin the game.

Wanna know the solution to killing people who disconnect? Actually kill them before they hop.

Here's a bigger problem, how about we actually think about fixing people who hop to your server and kill you? That's much more of a problem that I have than people disconnecting before I kill them. I don't really care if they do and consider it a victory anyways.

And to clarify, I don't really care if something is done to prevent it. But death is a completely dumbfuck solution and just makes people get fucked for no reason. And no, I can't offer a solution to it. But I'm not gonna offer some stupid solution that only makes more problems that need to be solved later.

Try actual solutions instead of stopgaps that just make problems

This thread = bunch of mad bads who can't land killshots.

And @_Profile_Shame your persistent bodies idea is fucking terrible and would completely ruin the game.

Wanna know the solution to killing people who disconnect? Actually kill them before they hop.

Here's a bigger problem' date=' how about we actually think about fixing people who hop to your server and kill you? That's much more of a problem that I have than people disconnecting before I kill them. I don't really care if they do and consider it a victory anyways.

And to clarify, I don't really care if something is done to prevent it. But death is a completely dumbfuck solution and just makes people get fucked for no reason. And no, I can't offer a solution to it. But I'm not gonna offer some stupid solution that only makes more problems that need to be solved later.

Try actual solutions instead of stopgaps that just make problems

[/quote']

^ Combat logger. You're right, everyone should 1 shot kill eachother otherwise you deserve to be cheated out of a kill and the subsequent loot.

Come back when you have something constructive to say other than "Fuk dats a dumbfuk fuk fufk stupid idea"