Sign in to follow this  
idark

[SUGGESTION] Add Fish, fishing, fishing poles!

Hey guys ! Purp here..

Here is my suggestion that i hope is possible to be added in dayz! 

So, in dayz you can find all these breakfast and meals scattered in buildings and vehicles. 

But what if now you can build a fishing rod, find a fishing rod?

This would introduce a whole new gaming experience!

Finding fish:  The success rate of pulling in a fish, seaweed, or other goods can be  around 20%

Pros: You can pull in fishes, seaweed, empty water bottles(to refill), possibly clothing?

Cons: The fishes rot at a fairly quick rate( Maybe you something to keep it fresh) so move fast.

Sometimes the fish can make you sick(15%) 

Pull in empty cans, rusty objects, torn rags 

The fishing line can snap, making you have to search for more string.

Of course, with devs working on it they can add much more fishing features if implemented. 

+1 OR -1?

Post your feedback!!

-Bag of Purp

• Like 20

Since you can actually find fishing polls in the mod and fish, I'm sure this will be added sometime in the near future for sure. Would love to see it be as in depth as you described!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Verex11

That's a great idea some details might be a little bit OP (fishing should take a realistic amount of time and you need to use a decoy) but i want fishing definately implemented in this game :)

Edited by Subject42

Hopefully this gets alot more feedback and further looked at.

How do you want to spend minutes or maybe even hours on the coast to catch one measly fish when as soon as you step on the beach you catch a bullet?

Fishing would be a good idea to carry over from the mod. If people want to risk catching their food with the risk of being shot, that's their prerogative really. There will be hunting, so why not fishing?

"Fishing's fer sissies"

Nat Pagle

• Like 1

Plus 1 for sure.  Im sure its just a waiting game for this subject.  This game is going to be freaking awesome once finished.

I believe its being added later in the future, not really important for alpha! Cant wait for fishing!