Zurvivalist

Medical Assistance

Has anyone figured out the health / medical system yet and if so would you be able to supply some step by step guides.

I currently hold tons of medical supplies and maintain a good food/drink supply.

My guy got sick last night from unknown reason.

I managed to cure it , but not sure which item i took did the trick. But now I'm in grey screen . So I assume its low blood.

We managed to figure out blood testing last night , I'm A+ looking for another kit to figure out what my friend is. in order to do a transfusion .

Concerned that that will just result in him also being now low on blood .

We want to help each other , with out killing each other in the process .. 

I hear drinking disinfectant instaheals you...

Really not sure either, I've only touched on the basics of the medical system.

• Antibiotics heal normal sicknesses. You can't heal sickness from a bad blood transfusion.
  • Alcohol tincture disenfects wounds, usually made by zombie hits.
  • Disenfectant spray can be used on objects to clean them, IE clean a battery before you lick it so you don't get sick. Or rags for bandaging.
  • Charcoal tabs work against food.  EDIT: Apparently charcoal only works against food poisoning, not chemicals. Don't drink that disenfectant.
  • Epi pen reduces Shock stat value.
  • Saline and blood bags increase blood.
  • Health regen kicks in when your blood is full at 5000 and you're well fed and watered.
  • Guessing defib acts liks Epi pens and reduces shock.
  • Don't think painkillers do anything yet, but they may be another shock reducer.
  • Vitamins probably tie into the non-functional exposure/nutrition rating system.
  • Water purifier tabs don't do anything yet.
  • Morphine heals broken legs.
  • Wooden sticks can be made into splints for broken legs.

That should pretty much cover it.

Edited by Felix
  • Like 3

• Saline and blood bags increase blood.
  • Health regen kicks in when your blood is full at 5000 and you're well fed and watered.

At the moment i am on a very grey screen on the verge of death (i presume), my food levels are high at the moment i dont need to eat, and the same for water. i want to get rid of the grey screen but i dont really know how... so my questions are:

does blood auto regen. and if so how quickly?

At the moment i am on a very grey screen on the verge of death (i presume), my food levels are high at the moment i dont need to eat, and the same for water. i want to get rid of the grey screen but i dont really know how... so my questions are:

I've been told that once your food and drink are full, your blood will start re-generating after about an hour. There was no way for me to tell as I too was stuck with my character having a grey-hued screen.

I've been told that once your food and drink are full, your blood will start re-generating after about an hour. There was no way for me to tell as I too was stuck with my character having a grey-hued screen.

How can I understand when my food and drink are full ? In the last patch it has not changed something about blood and health auto regenerating ?

i was greyscale when logging in earlier, and was sick. I cleaned my wounds with alcohol, and ate and drank a lot. After about an hour the world started to have more colour. Then green message popped up stating my wounds were clean and i stopped being sick and now the colours are like when i spawned.

Weird thing is i have yet to see the i am full message on either drink or food. Might be a bug because this char is still alive from 2 patches ago though.

Blood regenerates at 1/sec and 3/sec levels. 

1/sec is energy > 3500, water > 3000

3/sec is Energy > 5000, water > 2500

HP kicks in at Energy > 5000, water > 2500, blood full at 5000

To get an idea of the amount you need to eat:

• Beans - 462 energy, 330 water
  • Cereal - 930 energy, -250 water
  • Sardines - 333 energy, 96 water
  • Spaghetti - 300 energy, 324 water
  • Tuna - 475 energy, 144 water
  • Powdered milk - 992 energy, -400 water
  • Rice - 3740 energy, -1000 water
  • Pork steak - 735 energy, 189 water
  • Rabbit Leg - 285 energy, 225 water

Canteens run 1000 water, water bottles are 500, Soda is 330 water, 142 energy

Edited by Felix
  • Like 4

Blood regenerates at 1/sec and 3/sec levels. 

1/sec is energy > 3500, water > 3000

3/sec is Energy > 5000, water > 2500

HP kicks in at Energy > 5000, water > 2500, blood full at 5000

So HP and blood are different things?, blood is what makes the screen grey or the normal colour - i guess

and because i cant see these units in game its quite annoying but when i press 'tab' i cant see a hunger or thirst bar

Weird thing is i have yet to see the i am full message on either drink or food. Might be a bug because this char is still alive from 2 patches ago though.

I think the same.'cos i drank a lot at water pump while i ate an entire milkpowder bag, so I should be full of energy and water. But i did not get any green text message.

How can I understand when my food and drink are full ? In the last patch it has not changed something about blood and health auto regenerating ?

You can't at the moment, at least not fully. I assume when you no longer see "hungry" or "thirsty" in your inventory, you're full but I could be mistaken.

So HP and blood are different things?, blood is what makes the screen grey or the normal colour - i guess

and because i cant see these units in game its quite annoying but when i press 'tab' i cant see a hunger or thirst bar

Yes, blood is tied more to unconsciousness, health ties with death. As far as I know, you can use medical supplies to regain blood, but health is tied to time.

Yes, the lack of info is pretty annoying. Whether the end design is supposed to keep you in the dark about the status of your character or not, during an alpha we should have a debug display to work with.

Vote up the display ticket:

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=1977

I think the same.'cos i drank a lot at water pump while i ate an entire milkpowder bag, so I should be full of energy and water. But i did not get any green text message.

Eating a full milk packet will give you about 5% of your max energy. It will not fill you up. Drinking from a well gives you 100 water a gulp, you need to drink 40 times to max out your water.

You can't at the moment, at least not fully. I assume when you no longer see "hungry" or "thirsty" in your inventory, you're full but I could be mistaken.

Those messages are there to say you're almost starving to death , get some food/water soon or die. There used to be a green message that popped up when you max'd out your water, but I've not seen it in a few patches now.

Food messages kick in at 600 and 300 energy remaining. Head hurting and water related messages kick in at 2000 and 1000, so 50% and 25% water capacity.

Food and energy values are different from "Stomach" which has a max capacity of 3000, meaning if you gorge yourself you'll vomit, so go easy when you're at a well. Ratio is 2 water : 1 stomach, this holds true for the well, canteens and water bottles for now.

I don't know the rate that your stomach empties, or that you consume food and water.

• Like 1