Sign in to follow this  
Esset-

Lower FPS on standalone then mod. (Alot)

Need some help here, My fps drops below 30 fps when I'm inside cities and only around 30-35 inside woods and makes it unplayable for me and this is on low settings.
The mod I had around 60 to 70 FPS on high settings. Is the standalone actually so much more draining then arma 2/mod?

Specs

Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (3gb)
Ram: 16GB (2x8 DDR3)
CPU:  i7-4700HQ (clocked to 3,4ghz, Turbo settings off) 
Monitor: Asus VG248QE (24") 144 hz
HDD: 512gb SSD and 1TB HDD /7200 RPM

Need some help here, My fps drops below 30 fps when I'm inside cities and only around 30-35 inside woods and makes it unplayable for me and this is on low settings.

The mod I had around 60 to 70 FPS on high settings. Is the standalone actually so much more draining then arma 2/mod?

Specs

Do you set the same launch parameters for the SA as you do the mod?

Have you edited the config file for the SA?

Do you set the same launch parameters for the SA as you do the mod?

Have you edited the config file for the SA?

Yes on the config, No on launch parameters, any good launch parameters for the standalone?

Lowered my visibility and item visibility, didn't wanna mess around to much.

Edited by Esset-

Yes on the config, No on launch parameters, any good launch parameters for the standalone?

Lowered my visibility and item visibility, didn't wanna mess around to much.

Honestly just sounds like SA's optimization. Don't think you'll be able to do much until it's fixed, as the launch perimeters don't even seem to help out at all for a lot of people (including myself).

But they do help out for some, and if you want to try I'd these launch peremiters

-nosplash -skipIntro -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -maxVRAM=1023 -cpuCount=[ADJUST TO YOUR CPU]-exThreads=[ADUST TO YOUR CPU]

I think you'd be better off though just upvoting the low FPS topic in the bug reporter and posting your specs there.

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=247

I myself get 23-27 fps just from being in a city, drops below 20 when I walk in a building usually, and in some buildings I get as low as 10 fps. Here's to hoping this is fixed soon, as I'm really enjoying the SA even when sometimes it's like I'm playing Microsoft Powerpoint.

Edited by Jorgenheim

I've found that overall, DayZ SA runs much better than the ARMA mod.

So far, I can't complain.

Try to set the priority of the DayZ process higher in the task manager.

Edited by Skalli

Hmm weird. Low settings on AOTC for the grass and trees too? The game is completely unoptimized on the client side as Rocket said, but 35ish FPS outside cities is weird. Are you running it windowed mode? Do you have a lot of stuff running in windows when your playing?

I find it runs better. Smoother movement as well, (once you turn off mouse smoothing funnily enough). 

i72600k GTX580 8gbRAM. 

with his pc-system it should run just fine.

mine is not that good and its runs like a chased rabbit (with zombie sounds :D )

dont change to much just used the preset settings , i have just good experiences with that.

( Man i want to have your PC :D )

EDIT: GTX 650 TI BOOST C2

8GB RAM

and an old I7 CPU.

Edited by Ozar

Also another thing I remember people doing and sometimes seeing huge increases in FPS,

http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

Unpark your CPU's and see if that helps. Just follow the instructions on that page and download the utility. This for me doesn't help at all, but some people have seen as much as 15-20 increase in FPS.

EDIT: Actually I just parked my CPU's (cause for some reason they were unparked) and I got rid of mouse smoothing and I actually got 5 more FPS. Go figure.

Edited by Jorgenheim

Wanna know why your FPS is shit? Cause you're running with a very good GPU, and a laptop CPU. Go buy an i5-3570k and clock it to 4.0-4.2 GHz and you should get 60 FPS with everything maxed.

Edited by Shadow134

Specs

DUDE

you cant run any of these arma2/3/SA well with sub 4ghz...

i probably have the shittiest system that can run Dayz "well"

i7-930 4.25 ghz

6gb ram

gtx 570

an even  i hit 40 fps average...60 high and 25-35 low

Honestly, they should have a big sticky:

"sub 4.0ghz? STFU"

everyone i have helped in arma 2 dayz and arma 3 bp and SA, the solution is overclock overclock overclock to 4+ ghz and all FPS issues were gone. Well issues that we can help...SA is still not what it could be in terms of optimization. Not even close to what the mod could do.

Look at dayzero, they should let those dev's tinker with SA. I went from 2.8 ghz to 4.25 ghz for $60 and some time testing and couldnt be happier

Edited by deebz1234

DUDE

i7-930 4.25 ghz

6gb ram

gtx 570

"sub 4.0ghz? STFU"

The thing is that shouldn't be the case when the minimum and recommended requirements for SA for CPU's have less than 3.0ghz listed. This is obviously an optimization problem when other games that are more taxing CPU and GPU-wise run 10x better on high settings than Dayz SA does with all the settings to low looking like Minecraft on the same rig.

EDIT: Also it isn't as simple for some to just overclock their CPU's. I say this because that is locked in my BIOS from even being a possibility, which means that for me to actually make playing Dayz in cities tolerable I'd have to buy a new motherboard and a processor, although my rig should run this game as smooth as it does every other game I play.

Edited by Jorgenheim

Specs

Its an alpha version. They will add a lot of stuff with (for now) daily patches. Would make no sense to optimize the performance now if it runs with 30fps. Good systems doesnt really matter in this state. I think they have the perfect optimized systems to develop the game and as long as its not completely unplayable you have to wait for your FPS´s.

Btw. some players would be happy to get +-30 fps in cities. That is not unplayable^^

Edited by kiwi12

DUDE

i7-930 4.25 ghz

6gb ram

gtx 570

"sub 4.0ghz? STFU"

everyone i have helped in arma 2 dayz and arma 3 bp and SA, the solution is overclock overclock overclock to 4+ ghz and all FPS issues were gone. Well issues that we can help...SA is still not what it could be in terms of optimization. Not even close to what the mod could do.

Look at dayzero, they should let those dev's tinker with SA. I went from 2.8 ghz to 4.25 ghz for $60 and some time testing and couldnt be happier

What, I have no problem running arma 2 or 3..

Wanna know why your FPS is shit? Cause you're running with a very good GPU, and a laptop CPU. Go buy an i5-3570k and clock it to 4.0-4.2 GHz and you should get 60 FPS with everything maxed.

So you want me to go buy a new CPU for SA when I can run BF4 with the same one at high/ultra combo at 166 fps ?

So you want me to go buy a new CPU for SA when I can run BF4 with the same one at high/ultra combo at 166 fps ?

you dont have to buy a new cpu...just learn about computers and fine tune your system...IE overclock with a $40 watercooler...and reap teh rewards

you dont have to buy a new cpu...just learn about computers and fine tune your system...IE overclock with a $40 watercooler...and reap teh rewards

Some people legitimately can't overclock. If you knew anything about CPU's you'd know this. Overclocking isn't hard, some people just literally can't do it cause it's locked in their BIOS, and they shouldn't have to do it for a game that should easily run on CPU's that have less than 3.0 ghz.

dont overclock or buy anything. its just the optimisation.

for example: planetside2 had the same problem. since open beta it was not playable with an AMD cpu, only with intel. they didnt optimise it until release with a big patch. its not your system its the game. just wait.

• Like 1

dont overclock or buy anything. its just the optimisation.

for example: planetside2 had the same problem. since open beta it was not playable with an AMD cpu, only with intel. they didnt optimise it until release with a big patch. its not your system its the game. just wait.

This. As a Planetside 2 beta player with an AMD graphics card and CPU life was hard until they patched it. Your rig should have no problem running this game at all with higher FPS (although I wouldn't complain with 30 FPS). Just wait and hope it's patched soon, and know a lot of other people are having the same issue as you.

Some people legitimately can't overclock. If you knew anything about CPU's you'd know this. Overclocking isn't hard, some people just literally can't do it cause it's locked in their BIOS, and they shouldn't have to do it for a game that should easily run on CPU's that have less than 3.0 ghz.

agreed fully..and im not about to google his cpu but majority of peopel can OC.

if your in that boat, tough tits go cry...

SA will become better, so stfu and either figure out yourn own problems or dont play...

god my asus g73 laptop can handle SA no prob, a couple tweaks here and there and i was 40fps and 30 fps in cities..

Game will get optimized. Dont worry about it and remember this is alpha. We will see improvements in later patches