Gth

Did I tell you guys how awesome the Novy Sobor spawn is?

Because its really, really nice. 

Incidentally, does anyone know what the weapon flashlight attaches to, if anything?  I -think- if it does actually attach to a weapon then it would be the M4, and that I'd need some kind of different handguard to attach it. But i'm not sure. 

I never checked novy sobor yet, also i think you need to put batteries in the flashlight [like a average one] then attach it to your gun.

you can only attached the weapon flashlight to the m4 and only when you have the RIS rail system front end on the m4

Edited by deebz1234

Novy is absolutely one of my favourite spawns. It's fairly central, there's a couple of towns nearby where you'll have at least a reasonable chance of finding half-decent loot, and it's well away from the carnage on the coast (which sounds like it should be a WWE pay-per-view).

I would actually like to see a lot more in the way of inland spawns - they spread the playerbase out a lot further, and particularly with so many new players entering the game at the moment, it'll give them a chance to explore the world and get a feel for the game without getting shot in the face every ten seconds.

I've gotten it twice myself. My very first spawn was there and this was just an hour or so after release. I was amongst the first in on the server, I saw people joining in all the time but I was quite alone there.

Luckily my brother spawned there as well so we could loot, in relative peace, Novy, Stary, Podgorevka, Green Mountain and Zelenogorsk. We found just about everything we needed.

I fell in love with the bolata airfield when it gave me a magpul stock and a few dual magazines and a pristine red dot. I'm still trying to finish off the 2 apartment regions near Cherno. I literally plan to go through every single building in the coastal areas before I start heading in land. Hoping to find bugs everywhere so I can report it :P

My first spawn was there, and it helped immensely on the first day of SA open alpha.

Only had to spawn twice since then, and cant complain about either spawn. Shot at new town just above east balota and i get a balota spawn(buddy watching over my body and my killers) then a cherno spawn on restart after character wipe. Found a gun in cherno and bullets at balota.

But yes, regardless of what phase in the restart, novy or kamenka are best spawns imho.

I am curious, is this a bug?

People have been reporting spawning in Novy since the mod, and it's interesting how it transferred to the standalone game as well

Have anyone spawned near, or been to, Berezhino yet?

Yes and it is amazing, all those buildings :D . . . so much loot. And when you're done, run over to NEAF. NEAF may not be the best but it sure can guarantee a weapon of some sort if you don't find a Mosin in Bere

About the flashlight attaching to the m4.. First time I found an m4 and a RIS handguard, I couldn't swap them, it said something like it failed to do so..  tried removing the original handguard first but nothing happened.

Later I found a dead player with a m4 on him, WITH the RIS attached!  wich I found strange since I thought it was bugged.. 

Anyway, I found another flashlight and tried to attach it...  (should! tactical flashlight is made for a RIS handguard...  but I just can't attach it. I could attach different stocks, optics, handguards and a bayonet..  but not the flashlight.

So i think it's a bug or not implemented yet.

Well, in my opinion Zelenogorsk is the best-looking town so far. You should definitely check it out, it's just beautiful. 

• Like 1

Well, in my opinion Zelenogorsk is the best-looking town so far. You should definitely check it out, it's just beautiful. 

Indeed it is :)

One of my favourite towns with Vybor and Mogilevka

They should take that approach all of the spawns should be in land no coastal spawns. This would encourage people to venture north and explore leading to more dynamic situations.