Sign in to follow this  
Lectoor

Hunger & Thristy Balance ?

i love the game..Alot :)   its awesome. but i must admit that i think the hunger and thirsty is a bit un-balanced..i mean.. i must eat & drink every 5min. thats a bit to much.. but i undestand its not an prio issue atm :)

just wanted to know what other players think about the eat and drink..

peace !

If you researched a bit, you would find a number of cases where people have tested the hunger and thirst system.

When you spawn you have around 50% or so of thirst and hunger. When he says I could use a drink etc. that means you are under 40-50%, if you drink and eat untill you get the message my stomach feels full or something like that, you wont have to eat for atleast 30 min.

The system is pretty balanced atm. you just have to eat enough. Search the forums before posting something like this next time.

Well, i think you never had your food and drink at 100%,

But to get there its a little unbalanced.

I just had an interesting Thought.

Imagine one thing, in future you will able to cook a meal. i mean boilin water to cook rice with a nice steak of a cow. its just logical that this meal wil satisfy your hunger way more than a cold can of beans.

So probably we have to wait till we can cook meals and stuff like that.

if we keep that in mind, it will be much more balanced that it seems right now.

so we just have to wait.

I only had the chance to play the game for an hour last night but I have to admit, I was about ready to kick my character in the groin and shove a salt block down his throat with the constant "I could use a drink" messages that kept popping up because of it.

Kinda wish they'd just bring back the HUD for the hunger and thirst instead of constantly flashing white messages on the screen to tell you about it. 

Anyway, I do think the people in the game eat and drink way too much, even if they are always running around.  It's a tad bit excessive.

Edited by Professional N00b
  • Like 1

Well, i think you never had your food and drink at 100%,

But to get there its a little unbalanced.

a little? eating 4 cans of food and getting into yellow within five minutes is not "a little unbalanced" imo. considering the fact, that the game uses actual real-life clock for its day/night cycle, I have to eat around 5 cans of food per hour to stay above yellow. that's 120 cans per day, roughly. that's 60 kilograms of food, which is a little less than your own weight... that's just ridiculous.

For some reason I only get thirsty. Never got hungry so far. Or maybe that's because I used to eat on a regular basis while in town. Still, after going north I only got thirsty. Hopefully (for us) it will be adjusted by the next update.

Edited by Combine