ParaB

Is blood regeneration actually working?

Since the last patch I don't get any "my stomach is full" messages anymore. And I can't seem to regenerate blood by eating or drinking, no matter how much I eat and drink.

Char is not sick or injured, but colours stay a bit gray-ish no matter what I do.

Anyone else?

Edited by ParaB

Your blood won't regenerate in 10 minutes... in real life it takes up to 24 to 48 to regenerate your plasma & up to a month to regenerate red blood cells.  <_<

(And yes, it's bugged.)

Edited by K9Alex

Also you might have an infection. AFAIK you wont re-gen blood whilst you have infected wounds. Some antibiotics should clear it up. 

As others have said, it's bugged.  For now, if you want to get your color back you have 3 options:

1. Get a friend to give you a blood bag

2. Get a friend to give you saline (although I've heard that being healed by saline is actually a bug)

3. Die

• Pushed to experimental branch
New:
  • Config: added anim hooks for zombie feeding(should allow for zombie to deal damage to unconscious players)
  • Config: greeting with 2 handed weapon now possible without disarming
  • UI: Inspect option in the inventory screen (shows item in 3D, draft system only)
  • Engine: Servers with incompatible version marked in the server browser
  • Engine: The „Player uses modified data“ message is removed from CHAT
  • Design: you can craft splint and fix broken limbs with it
  • Design: players who disconnect when unconscious will die
  • Design: players who disconnect when restrained will die
  • New weapon: Magnum .357 Revolver + ammo
Fixed:
  • Config: removed a small delay before the animation for un-shouldering a weapon starts playing when changing weapons (kneel and prone)
  • Config: fix a minor issue with one handed items not being correctly placed in right hand for a surrender transition
  • Config: m4 bolt and magazine animation improved
  • Config: adjusted collision shape for armed player(should fix occasional issues going up stairs)
  • Config: fixed an issue where unshouldering/shouldering weapon while moving forward caused the player to stop
  • Animations: Sprint updated (Unarmed) - Unarmed sprint faster now
  • Animations: Mosin Nagant Reload - Hand doesn't clip into scope when opening and closing bolt after each shot, weapon more stable now
  • UI: Early Access warning dialogue
  • Engine: Fix of players being able to talk globally when dead through Direct Chat
  • Design: damage is transferred from closed can to open one
  • Design: licking a battery now displays the battery's state properly
  • Design: wooden sticks model fits inventory slots better now
  • Crash: Occurs when pushing details twice on MP server browser
  • Engine: Updated rain texture with refraction
  • Design: Player blood and health not regenerating naturally

Hm, i read somewhere that it will regenerate if you keep yourself fed and hydrated. So, i'm guessing that isn't the case right now? Good to see that it's fixed in an upcoming patch though

As others have said, it's bugged.  For now, if you want to get your color back you have 3 options:

1. Get a friend to give you a blood bag

2. Get a friend to give you saline (although I've heard that being healed by saline is actually a bug)

3. Die

Saline restores 5000 blood, IE max. Blood bags only do 500, and then there's the risk of blood types if you haven't checked. Not sure if blood bags track infected blood or not.

Right now Saline is by far the go to for refilling your blood and getting your HP regen started.

• Pushed to experimental branch
New:
  • Config: added anim hooks for zombie feeding(should allow for zombie to deal damage to unconscious players)
  • Config: greeting with 2 handed weapon now possible without disarming
  • UI: Inspect option in the inventory screen (shows item in 3D, draft system only)
  • Engine: Servers with incompatible version marked in the server browser
  • Engine: The „Player uses modified data“ message is removed from CHAT
  • Design: you can craft splint and fix broken limbs with it
  • Design: players who disconnect when unconscious will die
  • Design: players who disconnect when restrained will die
  • New weapon: Magnum .357 Revolver + ammo
Fixed:
  • Config: removed a small delay before the animation for un-shouldering a weapon starts playing when changing weapons (kneel and prone)
  • Config: fix a minor issue with one handed items not being correctly placed in right hand for a surrender transition
  • Config: m4 bolt and magazine animation improved
  • Config: adjusted collision shape for armed player(should fix occasional issues going up stairs)
  • Config: fixed an issue where unshouldering/shouldering weapon while moving forward caused the player to stop
  • Animations: Sprint updated (Unarmed) - Unarmed sprint faster now
  • Animations: Mosin Nagant Reload - Hand doesn't clip into scope when opening and closing bolt after each shot, weapon more stable now
  • UI: Early Access warning dialogue
  • Engine: Fix of players being able to talk globally when dead through Direct Chat
  • Design: damage is transferred from closed can to open one
  • Design: licking a battery now displays the battery's state properly
  • Design: wooden sticks model fits inventory slots better now
  • Crash: Occurs when pushing details twice on MP server browser
  • Engine: Updated rain texture with refraction
  • Design: Player blood and health not regenerating naturally

Wait, I thought that one came out today?

You now have a 'healthy' indicator on your inventory screen, which I assume shows that you are regenerating.

I think "naturally" as in keep yourself fed and hydrated and it will regenerate. Someone correct me if i'm wrong

You now have a 'healthy' indicator on your inventory screen, which I assume shows that you are regenerating.

Where exactly is this indicator?

I had a black and white screen for most of the afternoon, after the patch came i kept playing normally (ate/drank when i needed until getting the "full" message); after a while the b&w went away and i started seeing normally.

I ate and drank until full right after the patch, then i started noticing the colors ~30m later.

So they did fix it yes.

Edited by killing91

Where exactly is this indicator?

There isn't, i just checked. No info on it in the patch notes either

Edited by Tegla

There isn't, i just checked. No info on it in the patch notes either

Before you say things, might want to check facts:

DayZ2013-12-2018-57-05-549.png

The icon IS there and only there when you are healthy. It also changes to 'healing' when you are actively regenerating.

Before you say things, might want to check facts:

DayZ2013-12-2018-57-05-549.png

The icon IS there and only there when you are healthy. It also changes to 'healing' when you are actively regenerating.

Oh god there really is an icon! I literally checked after you posted, ate and drank untill full and waited a while and no icon appeared.

I appologize

Something is still buggy.

I ate some 20+ cans of food and drank tons of water and I still don't get either a "I'm full message" nor can see the "healthy" icon in the inventory screen.

I've also fed my char antibiotics in case he was sick, no difference.

EDIT: I switched servers and now I see my char is "sick". Yay! Finally I know what's wrong.

Edited by ParaB

Earlier today my character had no colors, so I stuffed my face and drank a bazillion liters and it gradually returned over 40 minutes. So it would seem blood regen workes for me.