Sign in to follow this  
FroztyReaper

Need help? Or want to help? Mentorship!

Given the recent flame wars on this forum overall about "vets does that" and new people does that.. YADADADAADA TIRED!

So here it is. I am willing as a vet to invite 2 players to my teamspeak or skype which is best for you and help you get around. Get geared and just explore and have fun!

I hope other vets will sign in here aswell. And those that need or just dont want to play alone. State what country your from so we can coordinate time zones.

And if a mod would like to pin this to simplify i would be thankful.

Pm any of users below if you need help and are within their specifics

FroztyReaper: From sweden, so on GMT+1 time. Usualy play time is 7pm -> 10pm willing to help people as long as they are nice

Metalica24 is a European player CET+1. Willing to mentor player from age 22 and up

Mr Turles: UK player that is playing between 13-18 gmt time.

Edited by FroztyReaper
  • Like 6

I'm brand new to this game. I haven't found much in the last two days. 

Do you know how to get weapons? 

I'm brand new to this game. I haven't found much in the last two days. 

Do you know how to get weapons? 

Military buildings is key, usualy camo greenish or the beige barracks. Balota runway is a good place to start.

Keep in mind that any place you can find weapons you WILL find people willing to kill you for anything you have. So checking the place out from a distance and in cover is a good way to make sure no1 is there. Allways search high and low. Stuff can be under beds and tables, on shelves or even behind something. 

Melee weapons such as tools and axes can be found just about anywhere. Sheds near houses in villages are a good place for these. Can even find backpacks and clothing here

Stay safe, be alert to your surroundings

• Like 1

Given the recent flame wars on this forum overall about "vets does that" and new people does that.. YADADADAADA TIRED!

So here it is. I am willing as a vet to invite 2 players to my teamspeak or skype which is best for you and help you get around. Get geared and just explore and have fun!

I hope other vets will sign in here aswell. And those that need or just dont want to play alone. State what country your from so we can coordinate time zones.

And if a mod would like to pin this to simplify i would be thankful.

Me:

From sweden, so on GMT+1 time. Usualy play time is 7pm -> 10pm

Great that you are helping out newcomers, which I am. 

DaTrader

Edited by DaTrader

Great that you are helping out newcomers like myself. 

DaTrader

Thanks, lets try and organize it abit. Since i feel there is tomuch flaming going on. Turn off for me atleast :/

Thanks, lets try and organize it abit. Since i feel there is tomuch flaming going on. Turn off for me atleast :/

Yes I completely agree with you. As I mentioned I am also new to the game, but I do not find it hard to acquire gear such as; Food, meds and weapons.   

New players should not buy the game if they cannot be patient; 

As rocket say'd earlier:

Do not buy the game yet!

The release of our Alpha is about getting those who want to be involved from the ground up, up and into the process. What we do encourage you to do, is to read reviews, watch livestreams and lets play videos, and talk to your friends. The alpha is going out into large scale testing for the first time, this means many things (mostly bad) will happen such as nasty bugs, connection issues, lost loot, etc... Our aim right now is to present the bare-bone architecture and check that works, getting some feedback on the direction in the process.
Edited by DaTrader

Military buildings is key, usualy camo greenish or the beige barracks. Balota runway is a good place to start.

Keep in mind that any place you can find weapons you WILL find people willing to kill you for anything you have. So checking the place out from a distance and in cover is a good way to make sure no1 is there. Allways search high and low. Stuff can be under beds and tables, on shelves or even behind something. 

Melee weapons such as tools and axes can be found just about anywhere. Sheds near houses in villages are a good place for these. Can even find backpacks and clothing here

Stay safe, be alert to your surroundings

Thank you, It's just rather frustrating at times. I've been playing 5-10 hours so far and I figured I'm pretty patient person. 

I've been to the runway area and military base a few times as well as large cities and a few times in the backwoods area. I tried walking straight across the map. 

Not sure if the map is a huge circle, but I pretty much gave up. 

If you do get on I don't require much, but just some advice. Ways to explore. 

whats your name in steam? me and my friend would potentially need a quick crash course just to get us started :)

whats your name in steam? me and my friend would potentially need a quick crash course just to get us started :)

I dont like to post my account name :P Send me your steam name in a pm i will add you when i get home ;)

Updated, if you wish to be a mentor then send me a pm with information and i will add you to the list of availible mentors. Please add timezone and region in the world

Played with these guys for a good couple of hours, it was good fun and learned a lot about the game and made it quite far in the dark :)

Would definitely recommend contacting these guys if you need to get a decent foothold in the game 

These guys are legit, had such an awesome time playing with them and chilling on TS.

Special thanks to HK for taking us around and Frosty for letting us in!

Played with these guys for a good couple of hours, it was good fun and learned a lot about the game and made it quite far in the dark :)

Would definitely recommend contacting these guys if you need to get a decent foothold in the game 

Your welcome anytime. Glad to have you with :)

How does one go about making a makeshift splint or getting wood/logs?

Dont know, will investigate that during the day

These guys are legit, had such an awesome time playing with them and chilling on TS.

Special thanks to HK for taking us around and Frosty for letting us in!

Thank Codex. welcome anytime :) Gonna start making my way back down the map so i can roll with u guys aswell

I can advise on reading a map, navigating without a compass, coordinating your team, planning and excuting raids, prioritising your gear and reacting on the fly

I'm on for a couple hours this afternoon and will be about most of tomorrow (sunday)

fluent english only I'm afraid

Edited by Sandy

BUMP!

I am currently looking for European group to help (not much else to do ingame is there? :P ). I also have a friend in the US that is willing to be a guide and helpout aswell.

So need help? We are willing to guide and learn you the basics to survive this apocalyptic world!

Hey I'd like to join too. I can find my way around without a map or compass and I'm also good in a fight. I am from Europe and my timezone is (UTC+02:00) Athens, Bucharest, Istanbul. I'm online almost all day.

I'm tired of KoS and would like to help some nubz :D

Edited by raynor009