Sign in to follow this  
Tocaefoge

Full geared, now what to do?

Hello guys, this is not a whine post at all, i didn't play the mod but ive always been curious about it, so i gave standalone a chance, and i am having fun, enjoying it so far despite alpha, so ive played some hours, got my character everything i think i need, got m4, an axe, mointain bag, medical kit, food, water bottles, got some nice m4 features, and some bullets, even a box to store them ( yes i got really lucky at an airport, it was a pariside of weapon loot xD ). 

As i have no dayz experience at all, what is there to do now? my guess is i should meet people, i am actually afraid of pvp, feels like i got alot of work getting my character to this point, so  i am very scared of dying.. even trough i kinda want to feel like a badass bandit so i guess ill try out that. 

Thanks! Sorry for my english, and rock2games keep up the good work, i feel like this game will be big in a few mounths! 

http://i.imgur.com/kuTnllF.jpg

I am kinda proud of that guy :P

• Like 1

There's always more gear to find  :D

If you do plan on going bandit, I recommend finding some handcuffs and have fun doing bandity things to people. Just shooting everything that moves isn't nearly as fun as force feeding them rotten food and taking their pants. Good luck out there  :thumbsup:

Edited by Verex11
  • Like 1

Don't get attached to your gear.

Go rob some people, to help some people.

Control your destiny. Shove some saline water up some peoples asses. Handcuff people and strip them of their very clothes.

THIS IS YOUR FUCKING STORY OKAY? NOW GO WRITE SOME SHIT.

• Like 2

cherry pick better loot, find painkillers and antibiotics, water purification, refillable water bottle, map, compass, clothes with more pockets.

the top with the most pocket's i've seen is the DSHK(or some four letter abbreviation?) top (the flecktarn one.) with 6 pockets

find pristine jungle boots. while i don't know any of the stats, the description leads me to believe these are more versatile than military boots.

find an assault vest or chest holster. assault vest is better as it has 8 slots.

find yourself some sunglasses and a hat to protect from the sun (seriously.) there are actually quite a lot of headgear options floating about. i currently have aviators and a camouflaged bandanna. 

find yourself a pristine holographic or ACOG scope

find yourself a 40 or 60 round magazine for your M4.

dying is part of dayz. the first player you run into will shoot at you. keep out of sight and if you see an armed player shoot him without hesitation, he'll just do the same thing. often after gaining your trust.

• Like 1

Don't get attached to your gear.

Go rob some people, to help some people.

Control your destiny. Shove some saline water up some peoples asses. Handcuff people and strip them of their very clothes.

THIS IS YOUR FUCKING STORY OKAY? NOW GO WRITE SOME SHIT.

Omfg.. Lmao, your posts are hilarious.. no.. im not stalking your posts.. >__>

• Like 1

I'm currently just exploring all the new areas of the map. It's so easy to gear up atm and there's a number of new places to go visit. Go on an exploratory map adventure!

Edited by Swordfish

I'm currently just exploring all the new areas of the map. It's so easy to gear up atm and there's a number of new places to go visit. Go on an exploratory map adventure!

go north of NWAF/NEAF

there's like 5x20km new area up there. only some of it has buildings, but added in are: new huts at NWAF, north of NWAF new military spawn, new town east coast estuary, a new train line running to the new town from the west, some garages farms , and a train station

• Like 1

Omfg.. Lmao, your posts are hilarious.. no.. im not stalking your posts.. >__>

GVrGN9j.gif

AAAALRIGHT. THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ONE NIGHT.

UNTIL THE MORN MOTHERFUCKERS. :thumbsup:

Was he bitching?

You don't have handcuffs or disinfectant. Those work great together.

Edited by failhorse

Do what you are ment to, find bugs, test them and report what you can :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Go bandit hard, the game is a nest of random bandits.
Either you kill them, or they kill you, does not matter if they're unarmed.

find blood bags and intervenus startup kits,

find noobs on the coast and hold them up,

steal their blood

find blood bags and intervenus startup kits,

find noobs on the coast and hold them up,

steal their blood

would need blood tests for this to be efficient and useful

cherry pick better loot, find painkillers and antibiotics, water purification, refillable water bottle, map, compass, clothes with more pockets.

the top with the most pocket's i've seen is the DSHK(or some four letter abbreviation?) top (the flecktarn one.) with 6 pockets

find pristine jungle boots. while i don't know any of the stats, the description leads me to believe these are more versatile than military boots.

find an assault vest or chest holster. assault vest is better as it has 8 slots.

find yourself some sunglasses and a hat to protect from the sun (seriously.) there are actually quite a lot of headgear options floating about. i currently have aviators and a camouflaged bandanna. 

find yourself a pristine holographic or ACOG scope

find yourself a 40 or 60 round magazine for your M4.

dying is part of dayz. the first player you run into will shoot at you. keep out of sight and if you see an armed player shoot him without hesitation, he'll just do the same thing. often after gaining your trust.

Don't shoot people on sight just because they have a gun. The true man sneak behind them, and hold them up.

Shoot on sight is the easy, ruining game, way. Maybe you'll die, but at least you won't contribute to make the game a pvp feast.

Don't shoot people on sight just because they have a gun. The true man sneak behind them, and hold them up.

Shoot on sight is the easy, ruining game, way. Maybe you'll die, but at least you won't contribute to make the game a pvp feast.

if you see him and he sees you and he shoots you, you're left thinking "but why didn't i shoot him?" 

the solution is to shoot him 

this is for after sneaking up isn't an option

All geared up? 

Now you die and start all over again.

Or the hive breaks and wipes your character and you start all over again.

Or a hacker invades the server you are on and insta-kills everyone, and you start all over again.

DayZ isn't about winning. Nor is it about getting all the 'good' gear. It's about having an adventure in a hostile world and trying to survive against all odds. 

Go find some friendlies and help them gear up. Or shoot them, it's up to you. It isn't about what you have, it's about what you do with what you have.

And also, go re-read the disclaimer about this game being in alpha. 90% of the games functionality has been stripped out so they can test out the core game-play. It's going to be another year, or more, before this game is ready for release and has any sort of end-game. 'The best guns' that you have now are really some the worst guns from the Arma engine, because most of the good ones (snipers, etc) are still being worked on and have yet to be included in DayZ SA. 

Right now, if you aren't in it for bug testing, then you're just dead weight to the community. Early stages of games like this always just end up becoming PvP KOS because there's nothing else to do yet, and there's no incentives built into the game yet to keep people friendly.

Edited by TinyWeeny

Yeah like others said

Rule

#1 You will lose your shit.

#2 You will die and lose your shit

#3 You will die and lose your shit in a bug

#4 You will die and have your shit stolen

Belive this sums it up :P

Just try and make it as long as possible. On the plus side, nice gear but you are not maxed ;) And finding gear will become easier and easier.

go north of NWAF/NEAF

there's like 5x20km new area up there. only some of it has buildings, but added in are: new huts at NWAF, north of NWAF new military spawn, new town east coast estuary, a new train line running to the new town from the west, some garages farms , and a train station

Thanks for the extra info. I've been using dayzdb.com to look for the new areas added in since SA came out. I'm currently going to explore up around NE like the shipwreck and new town called Guba. It looks like they'll be adding in a lot more buildings/towns I'd assume as it progresses. I love all the little subtle changes too like more trees and terrain changes like between Cherno and Electro. It's nice to see little things like that walking about.

Edited by Swordfish

You have never geared up enough!

Go and look for more gear in better condition, Try and get  a nice pristine set of gear, weapon and attachments, also you need to constantly find and replenish food and water stocks.

You can also try and help new players out, or kill more geared players or those who are trying to hunt new players! 

That's the great thing about this game - there is no "what to do next." You can do whatever you want, the key thing to remember is -don't be afraid to go out there and get killed.- Go walk around the roads, you might find a new spawn that you could help out, or kill if that's what you fancy. Go explore the map, continue to collect gear, you'll constantly run into things you find interesting, and players along the way. To me Dayz is all about meeting players and seeing how they react.