smthistle

m4 is really inaccurate.

is it me or for the life of me I cant hit crap with the m4 with any sight attachment at all if its farther than 50 yards away. it seems as if the bullets hit randomly around the front sight and I can never land a clean hit on a zombie 300-400 m away like I could hit anything in arma2dayz. this seems really unacceptable, the bullets land way too random and im not out of breath or fatigued at all. the zeroing seems pointless cause u can never hit anything 300m out if your life depended on it.

Zeroing solved may problems for my accuracy AND keep in mind I shoot both people and zombies. Not sure what the problem is.

Really, because some guy just tried KOSing me with a mosin. I was not sure where he was, so I picked a spot, where he could only approach me from one direction and waited him out. Within 2 mins he came looking. He managed to get one shot off before my M4 burst cut him down. Annoyingly, his one shot, hit and now my character won't stop moaning and my screen is all blurry, I tried food, drink, resting and even eating the vitamins that I took off his dead body.

You need to eat a whole lot of food and drink a lot too. Way more than just making your hunger and thirst bar vanish. You can get rid of the blur by turning post process effects off in settings. But yeah, unless someone gives you blood or saline, the only way to get that health back and stop moaning is to eget your food and drink up to like 3500 i think, which triggers way faster blood regen.

tldr: eat and drink til it warns you that youre really full etc, but stop before you get sick

I personally like that it's not super accurate.

I've never had a problem with it at close to medium range (like 100-150 yards or less).. The average person who has never fired a gun before would most likely not be able to hit a target at 200 yards in a standing position. Certainly not with any kind of consistency.

The reason I like that it's not accurate at longer distances is that it makes for MUCH more interesting and intense firefights. If all the M4s had the accuracy of someone using a Mosin from the prone position there's be no reason to get a Mosin... engagements would end before they even start.

If someone wants to take pot shots at me from 200 yards away with an M4, I may get hit or grazed once or twice but I usually have a lot of time to scramble to cover and then start firing back myself.. or retreating if I don't have a weapon.

If you want to be as accurate as possible with the M4, get pristine parts and a pristine bipod and shoot from a prone position. You'll have much better luck. But this isn't Call of Duty or Battlefield 4.. you can't run around, peek out from a building and snipe people from 400 yards out with it. Get used to it.

Edited by serenityrick

If all the M4s had the accuracy of someone using a Mosin from the prone position there's be no reason to get a Mosin... engagements would end before they even start.

When we get more weapons introduced, hopefully the M4 will be made very rare, a top-tier weapon. Then it can have increased accuracy without having that problem. And I would mention there was plenty of reasons to take a Lee-Enfield over an M4 in the mod, where they both had similar accuracy and no one complained... Mosin is often a one-shot kill is a good reason to take it. M4s aren't any less accurate than Mosin-Nagants.

• Like 1

I love it when people don't know what they are talking about, and say it like they do, and relate the bs they say that they claim they know irl, should be the equivalent in a game. ITS A GAME and the hyper realism idea is destroying dayz. prone I can hit point target 500m fine, standing 300m at the most. Know this cause I qualified expert in the usmc from bootcamp in paris island. sick of the internet heroes claiming irl and trying to say the game is too, or they are some weekend warrior at the civilian indoor gunrange or some retarded crap. just stop please. the game is half retarded with the accuracy on the m4a1 and that's about it. plain and simple.

STFU YOU FUCKING BOOT

• Like 2

I've personally never had any problems hitting a decent grouping from prone at 400m with the m4.

400 meter standing body shots are not a problem with basic training..

certainly in a game it would be unrealistic to miss shots at 200m just because your iron sights are not "pristine" haha

you need pristine magpul attachments and an acog scope to make it really accurate. also if you have a silencer, make sure its pristine as it will also increase dispersion if it is not

This has been covered in other threads, let's not start it all over again

An untrained dude with an M4 in his hands won't hit shit. Sorry to burst the bubble. Unfortunately movies and COD has ruined most people's sense of understanding on how difficult it is to shoot a rifle when tired, on the move, from unsupported or non-traditional shooting positions. Keep.

but the same untrained dude can shoot a WW2 Mosin 600 yards at a moving target scuttering amongst foliage

Get a bipod, go prone, and you'll be as accurate as you were in Arma2.

I've never fired an M4 before, but I own a Remington 700 in 0.308 caliber, and I've fired various 0.223 rifles before (scopes and iron sights). Now, I'm not the best shot in the world, but I can quite easily hit something at 300m with a scope.

Shooting at a man sized figure at 300m with an iron sight however is a different story. 300m is quite a long way, and I don't think I'd be able to shoot something at 300m whilst standing, without a scope, and being out of breath etc... At the very least, not with every single bullet!

Get a bipod, go prone, and you'll be as accurate as you were in Arma2.

I've never fired an M4 before, but I own a Remington 700 in 0.308 caliber, and I've fired various 0.223 rifles before (scopes and iron sights). Now, I'm not the best shot in the world, but I can quite easily hit something at 300m with a scope.

Shooting at a man sized figure at 300m with an iron sight however is a different story. 300m is quite a long way, and I don't think I'd be able to shoot something at 300m whilst standing, without a scope, and being out of breath etc... At the very least, not with every single bullet!

I own an m4 and you're pretty much right. Depends on the scope. Iron sights I'm not hitting anything at 300meters... but with a scope I definitely could. To the guy above, .. untrained? I was 6 when I shot a deer in the heart with an m4 at about 200 meters.. it's REALLY not that hard to shoot a gun.. depending on the movie, it can be fairly accurate.. you point and shoot assuming your zeroing is accurate. Not that hard xD

I should make a video IRL

the guns have always been whacked. you can miss somebody with the mosin standing still at five feet away. all the scope/zeroing that took place with the various

guns in the mod was the biggest bag of crap i've seen in a video game.

An untrained dude with an M4 in his hands won't hit shit. Sorry to burst the bubble. Unfortunately movies and COD has ruined most people's sense of understanding on how difficult it is to shoot a rifle when tired, on the move, from unsupported or non-traditional shooting positions. Keep.

As far as shooting goes, it doesn't get much easier than an M4. 

If dayz wants to simulate exhaustion/lack of training, muzzle drift would be better than making the gun inaccurate.

Not the M4 nor the mosin are accurate at long range without the use of a deployed bipod.

With the bipod, the M4 has been accurate all the way out to 760m so far for me. 

Edited by pteryx

or play the game since operation flashpoint, and know that rocket is making the guns newb by default is not the way to go. its a videogame and the flaw is supposed to be at your own hand not preset like some hyper realism wannabe feature that just kills core gameplay.

not preset like some hyper realism wannabe feature that just kills core gameplay.

"It's the thought that counts."

It's not hyper-realism, it's the opposite. And it's intentional. This is evident if one looks at the actual values.

you must be in the army, im talking marines buddy. we all know armys max distance in training in bootcamp is 300m steel sillouhette targets and not even scored as in a target ring. In the USMC we train up to 500m out prone and then 300m standing kneel prone, 200m standing kneel prone, and 100m standing kneel. many other marines have seen other marines, if not themselves hit targets as far away as 300m standing and 500m prone. if you were in my shoes and you qualified expert you would see many others do as well and if not literally the same, but you are from the army so i can understand u dont know how to shoot shit. 

lol...just lol to this guy... like "Sir, i need you to approve to my point of view or i will have to put you down!"

funny fact: For the US-Army AND the MarineCorps HK (i think it was) had to invent burstfire-mode to prevent these guys from panickly rapidfire their whole clips into some trees in vietnam...

love and kisses

and btw, yes, the m4 really has become very inaccurate lately...

But maybe it's just that the m4 itself isn't in pristine condition anymore while the attachments still are. Unfortunately the game won't show the status of the weapon anymore

Edited by robophant

Question: was every gun-part in pristine condition? And the m4 is an assault rifle. Not a long range weapon.

M4A1 is NOT an assault rifle, it is a carbine and it should be accurate up to 500-600 meters, assault RIFLES on the other hand (like M16) can hit targets up to 800 meters and maybe even more, I hope this game will be made realistic so that weapons other than sniper rifles aren't completely useless on ranges over 100 meters like in most games.

Question: was every gun-part in pristine condition? And the m4 is an assault rifle. Not a long range weapon.

M4A1 is NOT an assault rifle, it is a carbine and it should be accurate up to 500-600 meters, assault RIFLES on the other hand (like M16) can hit targets up to 800 meters and maybe even more, I hope this game will be made realistic so that weapons other than sniper rifles aren't completely useless on ranges over 100 meters like in most games.

Why people argue about the m4 being accurate past 300-400 meters is irrelevant. At current state it's inaccurate even at point blank range without magically imbued magpul parts that reduce randomness byt X.

It's broken and hopefully will be dealt with.

Don't worry tho, if by some silly reason this is how Dean thought it should be, modders will save us when the time comes.

• Like 1