Sign in to follow this  
Deathlove

Had A Rather Fun Encounter (Player Encounter Situations)

Well i was Looting this big town just a few minutes ago at night has allot of railway systems and stuff that go with it I think.

But anyways i was looting this storage room in one of the bigger buildings in town when this guy with a flashlight pops in. I had my lamp on but i quickly turn it off and run to the other side of it. But this guy with the flashlight comes in and vaguely catches me as i run past him in the other room. I than turn on my lamp and ready my axe. This guy in front of me starts trying to voice chat with me. Being nice and what not. Was impressed that i could get out a weapon without holding a flashlight. He ask me how i did it so i went back into the main storage area and showed him the extra lamp. I than procured a spare gas tank i had than told him to take the lamp and combine it with that and you should get the desired effect. Than we started talking about  how hard it was to find food and told him about being able to use an axe to open cans and stuff with. Told him to watch out for bandits and what not and he seemed surprised that they were already coming in game i guess. Well i didnt want to stick around TO long with this guy because you know that gut feeling you get.

Went outside of the town and on a hill and rested while i watched this guy mill around the buildings with his new toy. Wasnt planing on killing him or anything but I decided to go back in to the town. Now I went to the opposite side of the town where this guy was looting because i didnt feel like any accident encounters again. Thats when things got weird and a little scary. See i was crossing one of the main street allies to the other side of buildings when i noticed the same guy i gave the new lamp to with it on in the middle of the street further down. I noticed another figure with him looked like a zombie but no it wasnt. Upon watching a little more it was ANOTHER player with him without a flashlight on and they were not fighting or anything i think just talking. Anyways I got the hell out of there FAST considering i had NO gun to fight them with. Was running though the remainder of houses and over fences briefly turning on my normal flashlight than back off again to make sure i got steady direction. And i would stop and wait a little looking back and they started making there way over to where i was slowly. Now it started to kick in my mind they just VERY well might be hunting me but it might be paranoia. So I ran to the train yard and went to a high enough building to where i could see  better and SURE enough they were making there way OVER to the same area i was in. By then there was no doubt in my mind this guy was two faced now that he had another partner with him. I stayed on top of the roof as they walked below me with the light off and i could hear slight voiping. They were talking about seeing flashlight flickers in the area and i pretty much said screw it and logged.

And that my fun little story. Moral of the story its ok to be nice to ppl but the minute you see the same guy grouping with another that he DIDNT bother to tell you about its time to leave and FAST.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

If I were him, and I saw you milling about I would have told my friend to hang back too, while I initiated contact.. In case you wern't so friendly. Or he never met the guy and was looking for you so all three of you could group up.

• Like 1

i pretty much said screw it and logged.

Goddamnit, I thought it was going to be a decent story. If you had nothing to lose why did you log? Incoming hate btw.

Goddamnit, I thought it was going to be a decent story. If you had nothing to lose why did you log? Incoming hate btw.

I had other decent things rather than guns i DIDNT want to loose. Like enough food and soda to keep me stable, a portable stove burner which is still pretty damn rare for cooking on, can opener in top shape, some antibiotics and actual bandages i cared not to loose. Almost as valuable as guns itself.

No hate its just a smart thing to do especially if they didnt STOP following me and im sure one of them had a gun.

Edited by Deathlove

If I were him, and I saw you milling about I would have told my friend to hang back too, while I initiated contact.. In case you wern't so friendly. Or he never met the guy and was looking for you so all three of you could group up.

Naw hearing there voip they were looking for me for loot reasons thats the only reason why they would try to follow my light source without calling out.

You did the best thing to do in that situation OP.

They had there weapons drawn and i wasnt about to find out if they were friendly or not.

When i have some good stuff and a weapons im the kind of to Shoot And Ask Question later i know that a little harsh for new players and other friendly players but i've been fucked up too many time by some assholes that i just can't get myself to trust anyone ingame.

The sad part is that i'd love to play some coop with more peoples >:(

You did the best thing to do in that situation OP.

The best thing was to pre-emptive combat log?

When i have some good stuff and a weapons im the kind of to Shoot And Ask Question later i know that a little harsh for new players and other friendly players but i've been fucked up too many time by some assholes that i just can't get myself to trust anyone ingame.

The sad part is that i'd love to play some coop with more peoples > :(

I dont mind coop. I mind it though when the ppl coop to hunt me down. had i had a M14 I would have taken them out the minute they tried to follow me aways.

The best thing was to pre-emptive combat log?

Considering it was 2 on one and I only had a melee. one had an axe and im sure the other one had a pistol. It would have been an easy kill for them if i tried to retaliate. Who knows there might have been another with them to.

Considering it was 2 on one and I only had a melee. one had an axe and im sure the other one had a pistol. It would have been an easy kill for them if i tried to retaliate. Who knows there might have been another with them to.

If you do that every time you're outnumbered why bother playing at all? Surely the point is to survive. Your thread is titled 'Had a Rather Fun Encounter'.. I dont see where the fun is in logging every time you think you're likely to die.

Edited by Gator Biggs

If you do that every time you're outnumbered why bother playing at all? Surely the point is to survive. Your thread is titled 'Had a Rather Fun Encounter'.. I dont see where the fun is in logging every time you think you're likely to die.

You miss the point its not about the combat logging. Its about be careful who you trust. To an extent i sometimes care more about the loot than rather start over again.

Being nice almost bit me in the ass hard. Honestly if it came down to it i would try to fight them both if need be but being gunless kind of changed tactics.

Edited by Deathlove

You miss the point its not about the combat logging. Its about be careful who you trust. To an extent i sometimes care more about the loot than rather start over again.

Being nice almost bit me in the ass hard. Honestly if it came down to it i would try to fight them both if need be but being gunless kind of changed tactics.

I mean this in a constructive way, i'm not bashing you but I think it's you who's missing the point of the game mate. DayZ is harsh, you lose your gear. You die.. over and over. The game is essentially a rogue-like.. Why do you think there was an 'estimated life expectancy' on the original website? "don't get attached to your gear" was once a common phrase here..

Trying to avoid every confrontation by logging will get you nowhere, except make it all the more frustrating when someone KOS's you out of nowhere without warning, or you glitch through a wall and suddenly your unconcious, bleeding out and you die.

All that is pretty much irrelevant, however. Since this is what, pre-alpha? Your supposed to be playtesting for bugs and giving feedback, that's "the point". Not logging out of every confrontation because you're afraid of losing your gear..

When the updates hit there's a chance everyone will lose their gear anyways.

I mean this in a constructive way, i'm not bashing you but I think it's you who's missing the point of the game mate. DayZ is harsh, you lose your gear. You die.. over and over. The game is essentially a rogue-like.. Why do you think there was an 'estimated life expectancy' on the original website? "don't get attached to your gear" was once a common phrase here..

Trying to avoid every confrontation by logging will get you nowhere, except make it all the more frustrating when someone KOS's you out of nowhere without warning, or you glitch through a wall and suddenly your unconcious, bleeding out and you die.

All that is pretty much irrelevant, however. Since this is what, pre-alpha? Your supposed to be playtesting for bugs and giving feedback, that's "the point". Not logging out of every confrontation because you're afraid of losing your gear..

When the updates hit there's a chance everyone will lose their gear anyways.

Lol this should be more directed to ppl that combat log farm military areas and airports though. I only did it once this time because i didnt feel like putting up with it again believe me i stay normally but i get a little sick of looking for things just to loose it to some lucky ass hat or hacker with god mode.

Why the fuck did you log? Everybody hates people who combat logs. I'm pretty sure you get pretty pissed too when other people combat log in front of you.

Edited by narkoman14

Why the fuck did you log? Everybody hates people who combat logs. I'm pretty sure you get pretty pissed too when other people combat log in front of you.

There are bigger things to worry about than some one logging during a fight. Not really because it saves me the trouble of engaging them. As long as theres any unrealistic things like logging out and starting on a different server there really is no survival aspect. I can think of 2 other games you can do this in as well that are supposed to be survival based.

Sounds like you had fun... what would have been more fun for me would be posting up next to a door and turning on your lantern, then as the burst through the door start smashing them with your axe voiping "HERE'S JONNY!!!" until either they killed you or they were both dead. Nothing is more embarassing then losing connection while in combat and people thinking that you combat logged. you could have at least told them over voip that you had to go ge some chicken so they could get on with their evening rather then hunting a non existant player. but that's just my oppinion.

Sounds like you had fun... what would have been more fun for me would be posting up next to a door and turning on your lantern, then as the burst through the door start smashing them with your axe voiping "HERE'S JONNY!!!" until either they killed you or they were both dead. Nothing is more embarassing then losing connection while in combat and people thinking that you combat logged. you could have at least told them over voip that you had to go ge some chicken so they could get on with their evening rather then hunting a non existant player. but that's just my oppinion.

That would have been cool lol. But its a sandbox game there is no moral code of right and wrong of what to do.

He likely just wanted a watchout for other players/ wanted to make sure if you killed him you wouldn't get away.

If he wanted you dead he probably would've gotten his friend on you while you were talking, that way he might've thought the other guy was going to be helping you before he tries punching you in the head or something...

He likely just wanted a watchout for other players/ wanted to make sure if you killed him you wouldn't get away.

If he wanted you dead he probably would've gotten his friend on you while you were talking, that way he might've thought the other guy was going to be helping you before he tries punching you in the head or something...

True but i find it odd they would have to hunt down where the flashing light was going they could have just avoided it all together lol.

I had just died and walked into a prison building, and some guy in what appeared to be an army helmet who was carrying an assault rifle came down the stairs and told me to get the fuck out if I didn't want to be shot.

Edited by ClassyPenguin

That would have been cool lol. But its a sandbox game there is no moral code of right and wrong of what to do.

I'm guessing from that staement you never played the mod, and never had someone combat log on you?

I'm guessing from that staement you never played the mod, and never had someone combat log on you?

I have but not in this game it dosnt upset me though.

True but i find it odd they would have to hunt down where the flashing light was going they could have just avoided it all together lol.

Did they actually come after the light?

Maybe he thought you took something from him? Idk?