Sign in to follow this  
thelonelyone

He already had everything.

Hi, it's me.

I am going to tell you a KoS story...

2 days ago I spawned in Balota, I got some weapon attachments from the military compound, got some camo clothes and went to the barracks, got a M4 with 2 mags, a helmet, everything.... But I did a mistake, I went for weapons before supplies, I got hit by a zombie (that I killed), but in that one hit he made me bleed, I had no shirt because it deleted my shirt when I got the camo hoodie...

So I ran all around Balota's city, trying to find a shirt to rip it, after loads of empty houses, I finally found it! And I survived... Of course my screen was completely Black/White, but I was alive! So I log off.

1 days ago I logged in a little house and saw a player right outside, he started shouting "Don't shoot!", I put my gun down and said "It's ok, mate. I won't shoot you", I even asked if he wanted anything and I gave him a can of soda and a fresh orange that I had found on those houses and walked away, I was feeling happy about myself, when I was close to Cherno I had to get out and haven't joined since today.

Today I logged in and ran towards Cherno, the server was almost full and I was scared, I ran to the Market, nothing... When I was going to enter the Firestation, a man with a bat came over to me and... Tried to kill me... I thought that he would just walk away and leave me alone, but he tried to kill me, I shot 3 bullets into his chest and he fell dead... I couldn't even loot him because 5 zombies found me and I had to kill all of them, almost out of ammo. I bled for a while and bandaged, and as you know, I was almost dead already, my screen was literally Black/White and I could barely see. I banged but as I was equiping my axe, another 2 zombies came to me and killed me, I tried to kill them but I just couldn't equip my axe, no matter how many times I pressed.

I spawned in Kamenka and wanted my fucking gear back.

I ran all the way to Cherno, almost got KoS'd again, but I reached my destination, the zombies were still there, I quickly looted the dude with the bat, killed the zeds, I almost died again because I couldn't use my bandages... Again.

Anyway, I survived, and as I was getting my loot back, a man with just the same gear as me ran right in front of me, he looked at me... I froze IRL, I was going to die because I couldn't Equip my M4.

I ran to a house next to me and tried to hide, I thought about telling him "I can't change weapons and I'm almost dead, don't shoot me please"... But I couldn't see him anymore...

My only plan was: Leave Cherno and go north. I was happy that I had a decent amount of Blood and my gear again!

As I left the house... That guy with full gear and a M4 WITH AMMO shot me... one shot and I'm dead...

He saw me. I didn't kill him. He already had full gear. Why would he waste ammo on someone who wouldn't kill him and surely hadn't more gear than him.

Why?

Welcome to DayZ.... don't get attached to your gear.

I can't help myself, I wouldn't do that If I hadn't been through all of that shit for that gear.

Thats the only thing you can do right know. No zombies to shoot, no vehicles to repair, no animals to hunt, no bases to build. Shooting people is all whats left right now.

Edit: And no humanity. Cant w8 to be a hero once more.

Edited by kiwi12

Avoid everyone. Trust no one. Not even your friends. They will kill you if it means telling a funny story to tell later on.

I can't help myself, I wouldn't do that If I hadn't been through all of that shit for that gear.

I survived on the mod once for nearly a month.  Racked up around 50+ player kills.  I was running through Cherno and got shot up by a player with an AK-47 while I was trying to snag some blood bags.  I managed to limp my way out of there and get back to base for my buddy to save me... and he accidentally shot me in the head while trying to blood bag me.  I was alive for a month in a game surrounded by hackers and docks of doom.... I learned that day to not get attached to anything DayZ.

Well, it is depressing but its part of the game. I always have a few moments of mourning for my lost gear as I head out freshly spawned but I always move on and find more. Today I logged out on top of a building as I was out of ammo, needing to go to work and saw a couple players making their way to the building I was in. I had wanted to hit the nearby woods and log out there but that wasn't a choice. When I logged back in I was five feet in the air and off the roof, fell to the ground and broke some bones. Shit happens.

There is no stipulation (zombies) or not enough for that matter, to make anyone compelled to work together. As long as i have any type of weapon i can take on 4 zombies easily, give me a gun and i can take on 15. Problem is, i usually only run into one or two. So at this point, people are just getting bored, heck, when i got fully geared before the last wipe, i set up camp in a cozy spot along the cost and just f'd with noobs, killed about 7-8 of em and the next day i was wiped. 

Right now i feel the only thing keeping people playing is the fact they can kill each other.

Well, you can't tell when another person's magazine is empty. If you've got a gun and he's got a gun it's probably safer to shoot, even if he doesn't have any ammo.