Sign in to follow this  
zeeb

Passive Blood Regeneration (Simply Realistic)

I keep it simple;
blood should replenish over time without the need to eat or drink, thats what the heart does.
Lets say the replenish rate is 1 blood each second or whatever, then food should just increase that tick, from 1 to 10 or more, same goes for water and other regeneration related stuff (vitamins etc).

Kind regards,
Demnish.

Edited by Demnish

I read somewhere that vitamins were supposed to help with blood regeneration... been knocking them back like candy and but no dice.

Still there should be a passive regeneration beneath that, the heart doesnt stop functioning even if you lack vitamins, it always regenerate blood.

Vitamins should just function as a tick booster the same way food and water should.

Edited by Demnish

So blood now regenerates over time without the need of any item? Then Im satisfied, if not, then they should add it.

Did you refer to "Design: Player blood and health not regenerating naturally"?

Edited by Demnish

I keep it simple;

blood should replenish over time without the need to eat or drink, thats what the heart does, it is simply realistic.

Lets say the replenish rate is 1 blood each second or whatever, then food should just increase that tick, from 1 to 10 or more, same goes for water and other regeneration related stuff (vitamins etc).

Kind regards,

Demnish.

where dose the heart get the stuff for the blood? It needs food to get blood back it is not just comming from love and air!

Yeah so the heart stops functioning without constant eating? How does Africa's population still exist if your argument is valid? The heart will continously pump blood, food just increase the rate.
Just saying.

Edited by Demnish

I keep it simple;

blood should replenish over time without the need to eat or drink, thats what the heart does, it is simply realistic.

Kind regards,

Demnish.

this source is stating the following mechanics:

- 2,5k energy aka food and 3k water -> 1blood/s

- 5k energy and 2,5k water ->3blood/s

the article is written in german, but the tables are pretty much self-explaining. note the difference between blood and health!

your health is said to increase at 1health/s if you got 5k blood (=maximum), 5k energy and 2,5k water.

since the author does not poste any sources for this information (he/she is stating that he had a look at the standalone files. whatever "having a look" is supposed to say) i cannot guarantee the truth or fully operationality of this system. my personal guess is he is right and i hope its working with patch 113860.

I keep it simple;

Ok, your heart pumps and your lungs oxygenates your blood, it does not replenish lost blood. Blood plasma is refilled in about 24-48 hours (depending on loss), from red blood cells and it uses food and water to do this, 90% water and 10% food. Red and white blood cells are replaced by bone marrow and this process takes 4-5 weeks.

So it is realistic that food and water in the game replenishes your blood.

Edited by -seraphine-

Okay then, fuck it, I did not post a suggestion here to waste my time on arguing with other members.

If people really in the bottom of their hearts get turned on by bashing threads and ideas then I wont even mind, I do like that you stated real facts, but putting so much effort into disproving my suggestion tells me that people around here only look to argue, I havent seen a single post here that simply says "Good idea" or "Bad idea" just people that are looking to start an argument, maybe theyre bored or have some other reason.
In all honesty I cant say that I care.

If this will turn into such a community then I wont mind posting suggestions here again and will let fate decide what happens with the game,
since clearly this subforum is unecessary and posting suggestions is just a pure waste of time, this is now proven.

If it's that hard to just type a simple "Good" or "Bad" post then thats all folks.

Edited by Demnish
  • Like 1

Correction...Your heart does not produce blood, only pumps it! Sheesh! did none of you do human biology in school!

Blood comes from your bone marrow! it produces both red and white blood cells, red ones carry oxygen and white ones help defend against infections. 

If you don't eat your body has no way of getting nutrients and your body shuts down. How do you people survive real life if you don't even understand the basics to human life!

In the game if you don't eat your blood/health lvl should only increase slowly if you do eat and your hunger is satisfied your blood/health should increase faster. Though the old system of blood increases almost instantly is crap, it should take time to increase, not over days but atleast long enough for you to have to sit somewhere for a few minutes untill it increases enough where you can see again. 

My 2 cents

• Like 2

Noone cares anymore. If its implemented its implemented, if not, then fuck it, Im for one is not here to learn, I can use google or books for that, but thanks for your input nonetheless.

this source is stating the following mechanics:

- 2,5k energy aka food and 3k water -> 1blood/s

- 5k energy and 2,5k water ->3blood/s

the article is written in german, but the tables are pretty much self-explaining. note the difference between blood and health!

your health is said to increase at 1health/s if you got 5k blood (=maximum), 5k energy and 2,5k water.

since the author does not poste any sources for this information (he/she is stating that he had a look at the standalone files. whatever "having a look" is supposed to say) i cannot guarantee the truth or fully operationality of this system. my personal guess is he is right and i hope its working with patch 113860.

They added all the info recenttly on dayzdb in case you didn't know! :)

http://dayzdb.com/guide/11-standalone-status-effects

Now we just need a Food/Water/Blood Meter

Food and drink meter are temporarily under your inventory screen. As Rocket already stated.

Noone cares anymore. If its implemented its implemented, if not, then fuck it, Im for one is not here to learn, I can use google or books for that, but thanks for your input nonetheless.

Wow, someone really can't stand to be corrected!

Wow, someone really can't stand to be corrected!

It has nothing to do with being corrected, it is all about keeping it simple, starting an argue just because of the sake of it is just plain unecessary.

This is a suggestion thread, posting a simple "Yes" or "No" is enough.

Edited by Demnish

I keep it simple;

blood should replenish over time without the need to eat or drink, thats what the heart does.

Ok, you heart pumps and oxygenates your blood, it does not replenish lost blood.

Nice info, I have been tought wrong I gues..

Edited by Zeppa