Sign in to follow this  
Mao Zedong

Why is everyone so worried about killing on sight?

If you don't want to be KoS'd, then don't be seen. YES, that means actually leaving elektro/cherno/balota/THE COAST... Oh, and you should probably avoid NWAF and the military camps. Just go be a boyscout and do nothing in dayz. Sit around building campfires... killing the occasional zombie. How does that should like fun? Seriously, zombies are not a threat in this game whatsoever. If you don't want to kos, then don't , but you can't expect everyone to form to your play-style. Playing boy-scout simulator is god awful boring.

Back a while ago people did more than shoot at each other and the game was great!

• Like 1

God daam man why didnt you just post in one of the other hundred kos threads instead of making yet another useless thread.

• Like 7

God daam man why didnt you just post in one of the other hundred kos threads instead of making yet another useless thread.

Seriously, lol. As of right now there's a huge active thread talking about KoS, and it's like one of the first 3 or so active threads in the front page of GD going on right now. Not to mention the other two. We really don't need more threads about it.

Edited by Tara505

Because TLDR, and it all gets jumbled together.

Back a while ago people did more than shoot at each other and the game was great!

Not much to do at the moment. 3 guns, nothing else. Even if there was other stuff to do, once you finish that, (ie repairing a car) , then what? Drive around and play boyscout?

Again... every other single game out there right now that is a FPS is a KOS game. DayZ is striving to be something just a little bit different but it can't when 99% of the player base simply treats it like the other hundreds of games they could go play.

BTW, Not Killing On Sight is not the same as never killing. Killing On Sight is killing without any reason or gain, just because. Starting a new thread to discuss it is pointless contribute to those. Just because I don't kill on sight doesn't mean I won't kill and/or kill you without you seeing me. I just won't kill you "just because I like the lolz". 

• Like 1

Not much to do at the moment. 3 guns, nothing else. Even if there was other stuff to do, once you finish that, (ie repairing a car) , then what? Drive around and play boyscout?

Well I hear other games welcome the KOS playstyle and are actually built around it. I know... I didn't know that either I though DayZ was the only place you could shoot people and then yell homophobic slurs at them.

KOS is a mentality that is everpresent.

However when the mod first came around, it was great, I remember setting up a campfire with 3 guys who wanted a place to chill on their night north, 

Those were the good days.

I for one enjoy the petty games and robbery that the local bandits let me partake in.  :thumbsup:

Talk to people.

Make dayZ a better place.

Talk to them without shooting them afterwards.

Rob them, thats actually pretty fun.

Show some friends how to play.

All these new features like stealing blood, force feeding people, waving and the fingers and people are only shooting each other.

Well I hear other games welcome the KOS playstyle and are actually built around it. I know... I didn't know that either I though DayZ was the only place you could shoot people and then yell homophobic slurs at them.

Sure there are other games that you can kill on, but I like killing people on this one because I'm better at killing and staying alive than they are. Then they usually bitch about it and rage quit in side, which you just don't get in other FPS... I love watching carebear kids cry because they lost gear. It's hilarious XD

Talk to people.

Make dayZ a better place.

Talk to them without shooting them afterwards.

Rob them, thats actually pretty fun.

Show some friends how to play.

All these new features like stealing blood, force feeding people, waving and the fingers and people are only shooting each other.

Oh, my friends and I plan on robbing.. But it really only works with non-geared people.... I'm not going to walk up to a guy with a gun and tell him to drop it or i shoot, i'm just gunna shoot. Not worth it. Just kill him and take his stuff > robbing. I have a group to play with so i'm good on the whole meeting new people.

KOS is a mentality that is everpresent.

However when the mod first came around, it was great, I remember setting up a campfire with 3 guys who wanted a place to chill on their night north, 

Those were the good days.

I remember playing lingor and meeting up with 5 other people and we just took over this big airfield town, even though I had a bandit skin for trying to shoot zombies off my unconscious friend.

This guy had an AS-50 and he wanted my AKM good swap :D

I only had 3 rounds though xD

Sure there are other games that you can kill on, but I like killing people on this one because I'm better at killing and staying alive than they are. Then they usually bitch about it and rage quit in side, which you just don't get in other FPS... I love watching carebear kids cry because they lost gear. It's hilarious XD

I know a few good therapists that can help you with that low self esteem issue. Also, you are wrong, they whine just as much in Battlefield. "Oh that's bullshit. Mod someone is camping the base or hacking." Mod replies that I am no where near their base and he was surprised I could hit them that far away with that rifle. :)

• Like 1

I remember playing lingor and meeting up with 5 other people and we just took over this big airfield town, even though I had a bandit skin for trying to shoot zombies off my unconscious friend.

This guy had an AS-50 and he wanted my AKM good swap :D

I only had 3 rounds though xD

That sounds epic, good comradeship. 

The best felling is taking over a town and securing it, kinda makes oyu feel like you own it :P

This.  I've came across probably 20 people by now since SA launched.  Every single one of them has either lit me the fuck up(Even if I do the surrender emote), ran at me punching me just to grief/annoy, one asshole chased me for like a mile with an axe just because I didn't feel like trying to fight him with my axe.  It seems like most people playing now are just pure assholes.

• Like 1

Oh, my friends and I plan on robbing.. But it really only works with non-geared people.... I'm not going to walk up to a guy with a gun and tell him to drop it or i shoot, i'm just gunna shoot. Not worth it. Just kill him and take his stuff > robbing. I have a group to play with so i'm good on the whole meeting new people.

No, just because you have a group don't shoot everybody you see.

You are cutting yourself short.

Have you EVER tried helping someone? If you don't get a warm feeling... You're fucking evil.

• Like 1

if you dont like kos you could always play hello kitty island adventures with butters. 

No, just because you have a group don't shoot everybody you see.

You are cutting yourself short.

Have you EVER tried helping someone? If you don't get a warm feeling... You're fucking evil.

Well I definitely don't get a warm feeling in a video game. Lmfao.. You need to chill with the whole sociopath/evil stuff.. this a video game people. A video game with guns. Does that make every cod, bf, (or any pvp game) player evil? Lol..  that logic xD

if you dont like kos you could always play hello kitty island adventures with butters. 

^ This. I like to call those who don't kill Boy Scouts on dayz. (copywrite pending!) .. let's sit around and do jack squat. Sounds fun.

Edited by Mao Zedong

Would you please tell your mommy that positive attention is more effective at developing self esteem than negative... and then ask her for a hug? 

Sounds like you should find yourself another game then if there's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO little to do in it after repairing a car, and having guns.

Would you please tell your mommy that positive attention is more effective at developing self esteem than negative... and then ask her for a hug? 

Every time someone says anything you disagree with... You bring up attention issue, self esteem-issues, sociopath, etc... Address their claim instead of accusing the person of mental flaws ;)

I don't dislike it.

I for one know that some of the most fun I've had in this game was in combat on high vehicle and player servers.

Shooting people in mid range with a CZ 550 as they spray automatic fire at me.

It makes the game fun, but there is a limit when everybody wants to gun you down it just becomes any other FPS and pretty much RUINS THE GAME.

If you think it is the norm to shoot at people in dayZ you haven't played the game properly and in my book aren't a proper fan.

• Like 1

Well I definitely don't get a warm feeling in a video game. Lmfao.. You need to chill with the whole sociopath/evil stuff.. this a video game people. A video game with guns. Does that make every cod, bf, (or any pvp game) player evil? Lol..  that logic xD

^ This. I like to call those who don't kill Boy Scouts on dayz. (copywrite pending!) .. let's sit around and do jack squat. Sounds fun.

*sigh* I kill, but I don't Kill On Sight. I even kill unaware people who are not trying to kill me actively at the moment. It is still retarded to give away your position with a gunshot just to shoot someone for the lolz. 

No, they are not evil for playing COD/BF/Quake/Unreal they are just a little slow not realizing it's actually fun to not play DayZ like every other game out there. :)

• Like 1

Every time someone says anything you disagree with... You bring up attention issue, self esteem-issues, sociopath, etc... Address their claim instead of accusing the person of mental flaws ;)

Nope... just the "I drink their salty tears". people, because that is very likely why they act that way. 

• Like 2