Sign in to follow this  
danomat1073

SOS, I'm Dying Over Here

My stomach is grumbling, I really need a drink, and I'm lost.....HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now seriously, I'm loving this game. I never played the Mod, I'm new to Dayz and I'm playing the standalone. I know its in early alpha and things will get sorted out as we go, but in the mean time, are there any tips on knowing where you are when you spawn and where to find a map?

I have read up on many FAQs and searched post, but everywhere I go, there is never a map and no indication of where I actually am so the maps provided on other websites don't really help me.

• Like 1

Maps in SA are divided in areas, if it helps I found a Eastern Chernarus map in a residential house and a North one in a shack. 

• Like 1

There are street signs on the road at the edges of towns.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

There are street signs on the road at the edges of towns.  :thumbsup:

Ahh, thanks....I never thought of that. Great tip!!!!

Road signs are in russian though :( slows down reading time.

Once you use them and learn the name of the town, make a mental note of the larger buildings inside.

So, rusty metal barn + church and a certain house on a hill = kozlovka. 

My friends don't understand how i can tell where we are in the miidle of nowhere by a few sheds... lol

• Like 1

Train stations have the current city name, If you spawn outside a town you could either follow the road to see where it leads so you can get a landmark.

dayzdb.com has a great interactive map of chernarus plus (current DayZ Map) where you can check the cities and their names. From there you'll be able to navigate if you're good at following directions.

• Like 1