joe_mcentire

smaller suggestions and feedback based on the Alpha so far - let's make a continuous list

• Mask: (as mentioned before, to open the visor or unmask yourself to be able to eat) but you need press a hot key like m for mask and then press again m to put the mask on your face

I saw only puking as a side effect of eating rotten food(being sick), how about diarrhea. I know it sounds lame, but people do need to piss and to take a dump, it would increase immersion and it would expose you more vulnerable. If you don't have toilet paper, using bandages or rags would work, if nothing, you would get some kind of infection by time(speaking only for defecating)

handcuffs can be removed with an axe, risk of cutting the target and so make him lot of damage and bleed (the axe user should be healthy, to use axe with more precise swing)

Deployable bipod; it narrows field of travel of your weapon but eliminates shake/wobble

This is a small idea, but it would be cool. I think you should be able to grow a beard on your character and shave eventually. I would also like to pick my characters age in the in the creation screen, to add more to my Roleplay.

• Like 1

- Blood type: it would be nice for those that have 0- (negative), to be able to share with all blood types, since it is kind of universal blood type ( i have it in real life) but the person with 0- can only get his type.

I think the whole blood type system makes it too hard to control, since you need to find out your blood type, and it makes the people uneven. Some people would get their blood refilled all the time, while others will be in a shortage of blood all the time.

• suggestion for loot: chocolate bars: one on each server contains a golden ticket to the hype train.

I think that it will make the game unrealistic which would make it worse than the great game it is now.

• in addition to visible breath: head (maybe even shoulders) should be steaming when player is audibly exhausted due to running/sprinting

• Like 1

Deployable bipod; it narrows field of travel of your weapon but eliminates shake/wobble

They already have deployable bipods. You can use them on the Mosin-Nagant and M4A1 if I believe correctly.

Ok a little one but i think would be cool, shades tint your view in first person mode, its simple but would be pretty cool when trying to shoot someone that's towards the sun with a rifle.

*The ability to look around properly when using ladders. I think it's crazy I cannot look at the floor.
**Also the ability to slide down the ladders - Nothing worse than being caught up there when someone is shooting and your guy continues to crawl down the ladders! Maybe implement a potential risk of falling off should you slide down, causing death/broken bones - so there is a risk to it and used mostly in emergency cases.

How about filling bottle/canteen with disinfectant or other mysterious liquid added later to game?

This way instead of quenching thirst of some tired survivor you can give him anything making his "mouth feels funny".    :rolleyes:

• Like 1

How about filling bottle/canteen with disinfectant or other mysterious liquid added later to game?

This way instead of quenching thirst of some tired survivor you can give him anything making his "mouth feels funny".    :rolleyes:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/142873-give-us-full-control-darwins-dream/

• Like 1

• pointing as a gesture

keybinding: toggle/equip next/last item in quickbar

indicator in quickbar where item is actually placed (backpack, top, trousers, container...)

gore on melee weapons

Edited by joe_mcentire

Yeah i suppose someone thought about this before. I've read hundreads other ideas on reddit but maybe i didn't seen this one.

Btw, how about medical textbook after they finish health system? It would cover all kind of diseases/symptoms and drugs that could cure them.

Also cookbook's and mushroom foraging guide to not die after one happy stroll in the forest.

But let me guess, someone already mentioned about this before?

Edited by Tomato_Blast

I'm not taking the time to see if the suggestions I am about to post have already been posted elsewhere. I have however checked if they have been posted in this thread. Apologies for my laziness.

• Non-movable containers that potentially contain items: trashcans, stoves, cupboards, lockers, etc (so, likely that this has already been suggested or it is on the way to be implemented).
  • Spray paint: Can be used to put messages on the environment. Used like a gun. 
  • Random event: rotted floor falls through - traps player temporarily, chance of broken bone, loud sound
  • Random event: zombie breaks through room in house
  • Doors should be left randomly open or closed on reset
  • Random event: roaming zombie horde (just a contingent of 30 zombies or so slowly moving together, they would use a basic search and find algorithm and move towards players)
  • Add zombies to random areas. Why do they necessarily have to stick to loot spawns?
  • Add more bodies, random event: latent zombie becomes active with player approach. 
  • Add prep shelters to the map (not uncommon to find at least a few of these in a real city), "preppers" - people who are afraid of a potential apocalypse build and stock a personal bunker with everything they need to survive. 
  • Add an event to restore power to a city's grid via fixing the electrical plant (very laborious task, I have a difficult time of thinking where the fuel would come from, perhaps reserves kept at the plant?)
  • Like 2

• bigger area in which you can select loot. scavenging loot outside the inventory is just a tedious inconvenience

better balance between the two looting techniques. (inventory/vicinity - direct)

better control over "placing loot in your vicinity"

option to use already emptied cans to refill with fresh water, as long as they are in the players hands. returning the can to the inventory spills all its content.

Edited by joe_mcentire

• contents of damaged bottles/canteens shall decrease over time; use of duct tape may inhibit this though

bind loot rate/availability to amount of active players on server. The more players on a server the more (special) loot. a "soft" way to prevent "gearing up on empty, private servers"

option to "push open" certain (random) doors of shacks, may it be using only the body or by using tools (crowbar), adds noises and a new trade-off option

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

i thought more about far smaller things that may be actually achievable over the course of a few updates. a sngle player mode would be huge suggestion and i guess we won't see one anyway.

my idea was e.g. to evaluate some mechanics we have so far in the game and give valuable feedback or further suggestions.

Okay fair enough its just a HUGE annoyance for me when I don't have time to pop on to a non steam blocked internet and play some DayZ, and I have a massive craving.

Add a drop leg holster for Self loading Pistols, 90% of military and SWAT teams use these.

Have belt scabards available for knives, but different types for different weapons.

I like the backpack restrictions, but some stuff could be tied to the outside, Poncho's, tarpaulin's for sheltering under or even the raincoat when not worn.

Weight carried and speed travelled should cause thirst and hunger at different rates, and the stamina of characters should make them stop running after an hour or 2, dependant on fitness or health.