Sign in to follow this  
razmac19@hotmail.com

Has anyone been able to achieve blood regeneration without a blood bag?

Has anyone been able to achieve blood regeneration without a blood bag? if you have achieved it what did you do?

I keep reading in the other threads peoples answers "Just eat and drink lots and have good health". Which is what me and my mate have followed with no success. Most people who give that answer in the thread the person tried it and said it didn't work.

Are you constantly jogging or sprinting? That can easily be why you're passing out a lot. I haven't passed out on my latest character yet, and I hardly have to eat or drink because I'm always walking unless I need to fight a zombie or something.

Are you constantly jogging or sprinting? That can easily be why you're passing out a lot. I haven't passed out on my latest character yet, and I hardly have to eat or drink because I'm always walking unless I need to fight a zombie or something.

Nice, I'm gonna try this, though what about whole moving from town to town?

Do you jog there because otherwise it's going to take about an hour between towns

my char was pretty banged up (hit several times by zombies/baseball bats, shot 2 times, nearly starved and fell from a roof). my vision was completely black/grey and woobly. found a well as well as some food while looting an untouched village. it seemed to me i regained some color back, wanted to see if it really worked... the wipe sort of got in the way XD

but so far i think it works, but it seems to be very slow, which would only be logical.

People really do need to start using the Search Function or at least taking the time to look through the Forums.
What you are in fact doing is pushing interesting and already discussed topics down and out of sight.

Will will tighten up on this in the near future.

Regeneration

LowRegeneration

U are regenerating 1 Blood if Energy > 3500 and Water > 3000

FullRegeneration

U are regenerating 3 Blood if Energy > 5000 and Water > 2500

Healing

U are regenerating 1 Health if Energy > 5000 and Water > 2500 and Blood >= 5000

More information see here:

With around 24 hours of in game playtime (around 18-19 of those being on a single character) I haven't gotten any blood to regenerate. I've kept my belly full and used the wiki as a guide to get a rough estimate on my "energy" and "water" from food. The health regeneration was supposed to kick in but it didn't.

I think most of the people explaining how to regenerate blood are just regurgitating what Rocket has stated without actually getting it to work themselves (assumption; I could be wrong). 

Currently the only ways to heal yourself seem to be:

1. Saline IV (loot found in hospitals)

2. Harvest blood from survivors at gunpoint (Since you lose blood in a blood donation this seems the only way to get a willing donor)

3. Suicide and respawn (Out of the question if you enjoy any kind of immersion what-so-ever)

From experience I've found it's best to save Saline until you're pretty low on blood so as not to waste a drop. Also don't be conservative with your ammo. Its easier to find bullets than Saline so shooting a zombie is better than fighting it melee since their movement is still rather jumpy and they can get random hits in.

People really do need to start using the Search Function or at least taking the time to look through the Forums.

What you are in fact doing is pushing interesting and already discussed topics down and out of sight.

Will will tighten up on this in the near future.

My topic question wasn't "how do you regenerate blood" but "have people been able to do it" since the other threads I checkout out which goes back about 5 pages had no confirmation that the process people were suggesting was correct. They are similar threads but not the same. Thanks to everyone else who provided helpful feedback :)

Nice, I'm gonna try this, though what about whole moving from town to town?

Do you jog there because otherwise it's going to take about an hour between towns

Nope, I walk. :D For me, it's amazing for immersion anyway. I don't mind it one bit.

None of those threads discuss the issue which I was asking. It has since been confirmed by rocket that natural blood regeneration is a broken feature and will be fixed in the next patch. I don't mean to be rude but maybe you should read what is written and understand the question before you tell people to use the search function.