Sign in to follow this  
Jaxis

Where are the guns?

You may be playing on a server thats already been looted.....but from my experience you can get pistols from firestation/powerstation and you can get m4's and all the other military grade gear from the NWAF and similar places.

Fortunately rare ;) if you want fast gun and kill, play a real egoshooter like battlefield and not a survival game

• Like 1

lol.. I have 6 hours logged and the only gun I've obtain was a rifle from beating somebodies brains in with a bad... spawn from mod to this is drastically different.

im not expecting to find military grade weapons in houses.. but a shotgun or pistol would be nice.

I have found pistols in the fire station in electro. 2x pistols and a holster that makes me look damn awesome.

Bullets seem even more scarce than guns, I only have 15 pistol rounds after 6h of playing.

I like it the way it is.

My only complaint is ammo is too common in places like Balota.

It just becomes a bandit hotspot.

My first character took over 6 hours to gear up well.

My second character after Rockets Genocide took half an hour to gear up twice as good in Balota.

The only downside is there's unfriendly's hanging around like a bad smell.

Thankfully they are rare, which is refreshing. Having said that, I found an M4 within 10mins of spawning at Balota barracks, no mag so I couldn't use it, but I prefer using the axe anyway.

It did look quite cool though.

• Like 1

I like it. And if Ammo is really rare, maybe the players will not kill freshspawned or unarmed players on sight :)

You found a gun but no ammo? the next player will not know if you got ammo or not ... so you can intimidate and rob him ;) like "I am alive" :)

Roleplay at it's best

Thankfully they are rare, which is refreshing. Having said that, I found an M4 within 10mins of spawning at Balota barracks, no mag so I couldn't use it, but I prefer using the axe anyway.

It did look quite cool though.

Um.. are you serious.

All you need to do is server hop at any military base and you will quickly get yourself a M4.

Someone got used to playing on those 1000 vehicle full gear spawn servers

Trolol take my beans sir

Tbh, there are even more military areas in this map than the old one. Some of them is not even that far away from the coast. 

So if you want guns, i'd suggest going to the military areas

Um.. are you serious.

All you need to do is server hop at any military base and you will quickly get yourself a M4.

Just because you can abuse server hopping doesn't mean that you should use it. Now you might disagree with me, But come on.. Server hopping?...

Edited by SneezeJunky

I found 2 m4a1s in the town I spawned in like the 6th building I checked on my first life.

You have to look places you wouldnt usualy search. Like getting up the rain pipe on the roof top where you can find rotten banana, a pistol with ammo and a medkit. And a glitched zombie ofcourse.

Or you could just go to the airfield. Dont forget to take 70 bottles of water with you, or you will dehidrate and pass out.

And wake up with a pain in your butt :)

Edited by Nienko

Loot is not balanced. Already docummented in the current issues. If anything I would hope that bullets get to be even more rare and I would not want to find full mags, but rather empty mags and like 5-6 bullets laying around in other places..

You can find Pistols in schools/firestation/military; rifle in any house and m4 in any military. Parts can be found in industrial and militaries.

Edited by LouisK

There should be a higher level of civilian tier weaponry in houses and apartments, shotguns once they are added in, hunting rifles like the mosin, lower caliber rifles, and pistols.

Having so few weapons around is awesome, I had an ecounter with two other players we ran in to each other in a house, we all started waving our axes. Then things calmed down and we all lowered the axes and shared some loot, if I had a gun there I would've gone wild west on those guys and they would probably have killed me if they had guns as well.

there is probably 20 threads on the loot spawn system, may be worth looking around on the forum first before posting this drivel.

• Like 1

Not everyone in Russia affords firearms like Americans do.

Even if they afford them, they'd be more like Hunting Rifles not pistols/shotguns.

That's why I like how it is right now.

And make the M4 more rare when we get new guns, put it only at airfields or military bases.

Make AK more common than M4 but less common than any other hunting rifle/shotgun.

Edited by Hosty

I've had no trouble finding good firepower...on various servers, in various towns, etc. The only thing I can't find is a pistol mag. That's my end game at the moment.

Um.. are you serious.

Do I look serious?

Edited by Jamz

Head to Balota for weapons, then go to the military tents just outside of Balota Airfield for ammo and weapon attachments. If you can't find any there you are gonna have to head up north.