Sign in to follow this  
ThirdSinger

Please make spawns truly random.

So as we all know the current loot system favors server hoppers and those who wait until restart to join while completely pooping on people who work for a living.

So, if the plan is to keep the loot system as is, I request one simple thing:

Don't force players to spawn only on the coast.

Instead, why not force playes to spawn in ANY house at ANY point on the map? If this were to happen, players could still navigate by roads, and would be able to actually find loot (just the basic food and drink to get on thier feet) assuming their spawn hadn't been visited.

Now I know people will bring up the NWAF as an issue, but honestly I don't think it's that bad. For every time you get lucky and spawn near the airfield, you'll also get a shit spawn with no nearby major towns and very little loot.

Since the game is still so early in development, I figure now would be better than ever to field this idea.

Please leave your feedback, or other suggestions as to how you would imrpove my suggested system or the current system.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I like it - though it doesn't help stick with the "I just arrived here, how did I get here and what is happening?" aspect, and it would be very disorienting, all your other points make up for it.

I am hoping spawns are more randomised eventually as well. Chuck us inside a little shack in a forest. There is plenty to go around.

I am hoping spawns are more randomised eventually as well. Chuck us inside a little shack in a forest. There is plenty to go around.

See, that's my point. It removes the grind of "I spawned on the coast time to work inland" and replaces it with "Woah woah where the hell am I? I need to follow the road/powerlines/find a map."

The loot system will not always be this way. The way it is supposed to work, as said by rocket is this:

There is a set number of loot items on the map at any one time, as a player loots an area the server will register this and spawn loot in other aeras of the map that arent currently populated by players. Maintaining the set number of loot items on the map.

The loot system will not always be this way. The way it is supposed to work, as said by rocket is this:

There is a set number of loot items on the map at any one time, as a player loots an area the server will register this and spawn loot in other aeras of the map that arent currently populated by players. Maintaining the set number of loot items on the map.

While the loot system was a factor in my suggestion, it isn't remotely the only reason I'm even bringing truly randomized spawns up.

I just think it would be a far better spawn system than the current system, and happens to synergize well with the loot system.

that's clever, i like it aswell - it would require people to know the map better. downside is it would potentially be a Long time before you reached a major city (and actually, i'm not sure the major cities would be hotspots anymore if we don't spawn on the coast).

i'd prefer not being forced to go to only a couple places, being an airfield or military base. with server hoppers having the best items in the game in less than an hour because all of the loot spawns Right There.

but.. without a centralized place for people to go, maybe the map is Too big and encounters wouldn't be as big or as frequent. *shrug

Edited by west134

Agreed, randomizing spawns would be awesome... would be alot more disorienting to spawn in the forest middle of no where, than the beach that everyone already knows too well to know where to head from there, with randomization you would always have to take your time to travell and see where you are at.
Im in the forest, how did I get here... which way should  I go next.
Im on the beach, how did I get here.. well there is that lighthouse again, if I head right I get to elektro eventually...

ps. You should not spawn in house etc, only maybe if the server tracks player movement and there is no one in that town.
Issues spawning near NWAF etc could be adressed with some loot balancing, that it wont have always that m4 and shit... its about balance. Make a change to find the mosin etc from regular houses and remove the high grade, high change of gear status from military/airfield etc zones.

Edited by Zeppa

I died and respawned, and i actually spawned quite a bit inland. Probably from a bug? There was no coast to be seen for many kilometers in any direction. I was completely disoriented and walked around, and eventually died of dehydration.

It was awesome.
I approve this suggestion, as I've lived it too.

The beach get so boring eventually and everyone knows it as well as the inside of their pocket, as previously mention by others.
However spawning in houses, and towns is not too good. It must be something like spawning outside / close to for example cherno or elektro, but never actually inside them.

For every time you get lucky and spawn near the airfield, you'll also get a shit spawn with no nearby major towns and very little loot.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------

I had already seen people, who make many suicides in game, doing it in the hope that next spawn is better. With randomizing, this behavior only will grow.

Edited by gregor

No. Also there are no shit towns with only 1 shack with 1 loot spawn anymore.