Sign in to follow this  
Pandusen

113822 wipes your character....

Hmm, is this going to happen often? Is there a way to get a heads up.. or skip an update if it wipes your profile? It kind of takes the drive away

knowing that at some random point in the very near future, all your gear will be deleted. puff..Had just studied some stuff i wanted to test with the gear I had.. :(

I know that gearing up is the fun part, but not with wipe in the end.

I know this is alpha but man, if this is the way it is going to play for the next year, people will loose interest very very fast...

EDIT, At least I know this now.

Please make sure to communicate this clearly to the community when this phase is over, so I/we can start playing with passion again.

Edited by Pandusen

Yes, this is to prevent crashes on Steam's end when updates roll in when content in-game will become outdated.

Here; I'll quote myself.

At this phase of the game, the only point is to stress test network stability and solve issues that are generated with large amounts of players on servers; which is why bodies of zombies hide automatically and loot is very limited.

As I can see it, we should only play for the experience of the game at it's basic functionality so gathering all the gear is good only for testing purposes to see how it functions and make use of the bug feedback system. :)

I know this is alpha but man, if this is the way it is going to play for the next year, people will loose interest very very fast...

You should have heeded Dean's warning of "Do not buy this game!" He's stated over and over and over that if you aren't ready for disappointment, don't buy.

Or, get very use to it and fast. It'll be like this or worse for months.

Just to say, my character was fine after the update - if a little thirsty.

As others said, bugs like this are part and parcel of an alpha stage game.

MB

This is alpha you bought the game to play in the alpha which means stuff like this will happen to make the game better

well, just set off an hour to play, a new gear start will have to wait until I have more time. anyways, I like the way things are heading! Would just like to know when this phase is over.

Now i may gear up again before another reset tomorrow/in an hour or maybe you can play for a month with no reset.. you never know..

Also all the stuff I was suppose to know, Is spread all over unofficial forums.. I got the news of DS EA via youtube and only joined this forum 15 min ago.

Perhaps a message box in the game menu would be a smart move :)

I really don't mind it to be honest..

I had a mosin with 30 rounds, hunting backpack, can opener, and 20+ cans of food and 2 water canteens.

Now about 2 hours into this new char, I have a hunting backpack, can opener, and a couple cans of food. Given, I did take the backpack off a corpse, but I believe I was reasonable by letting him choose between the backpack and his life.

With a bit of luck, it's not hard to survive if you get off the shore asap. The shore areas are mostly looted, so people there are just chasing each other for batteries and hopes of food, whereas towns and cities more inland are mostly untouched.

Edited by Nerfed

It's not like there is anything else to do at the moment, I welcome a character wipe. Going into cities/airfields and raiding them, meeting players is fun. If there were base building/vehicles then that's a different story.

You post on the forums for answers. You should read the forums to know the answer before it's needed.

I'm ok with wipes but they are still a bummer when you've found an item you've never seen before, then never had a chance to use it before the wipe. Although now I'm kind of happy that defibrulator isn't taking so much room in my pack. I just really wanted to know what was used for in game.