Sign in to follow this  
gaznox

Is Voice Distance Broken?

I join servers in which I hear people talking for 30+ minutes on end that seem to be nowhere near me. Over time they speak about their location and they are on the other side of the map? Do some servers have All-Talk? Why do I hear people that don't seem to be anywhere near me?

• Like 1

This is caused by the network bubble. Same goes with hearing the zombie sounds over and over again.

I find this quite annoying to hear someone else's mic when they are not near me.

• Like 2

This is caused by the network bubble. Same goes with hearing the zombie sounds over and over again.

I find this quite annoying to hear someone else's mic when they are not near me.

So zombies are the same?

They keep scaring me as I'm in my inventory and theres sounds from all around me.

• Like 1

animals (as well as forests and trees) make zombie sounds. its a known bug. they re working on fixing it or will start working on that soon

So zombies are the same?

They keep scaring me as I'm in my inventory and theres sounds from all around me.

Yes. Just as long as there are any living thing that generates noise will be gathered on your end as well.

• Like 1

animals (as well as forests and trees) make zombie sounds. its a known bug. they re working on fixing it or will start working on that soon

zombie animals 

Kinda freaked me out the first few times I heard the Zombie sounds from nowhere.  I just remember the first time, I was almost pitch black out, then all of a sudden I heard the Zombie sound as if it was right on top of me.  I was in the middle of a open field at the time, so I booked it.. Not sure where I was running.. just running.  lol..  Took me a few times before I realized there was no Zombies around.  :)

I know about animals zombie sounds. But there is another bug, when I constantly hear zombie sounds, drink sound, ammo loading sound. And I had a mic problem too.

indeed i was confused by this problem also for some time untill i read it about if before in the bug posts

I'm kinda scared about talking to my friends over skype or ts with anything related to my location. In case my mic lets the server know. I was driven crazy by constant talking by russians, british, norwegians, swedish, polish, germans, you name it, talking in the chat non-stop. So I ended up muting VOIP which solved it, however I can't hear direct chat anymore either, which causes a whole new problem.

I keep hearing a f*king can open all the time. lol  Not to mention the chainlink fence sound in the middle of the woods. hahaha

lol last nigh my mate and i wear raiding a house heard an eating sound then a reload sound... we locked that house down for 15 minutes ready for a fight not wanting to die as we spawned on opposite sides of the map and had to run for 20 mins to find each other and not wanting to go down that path again thus we waited.. and waited.. then moved positions and waited some more... 15 minutes later we realised dayz was playing a prank on us, silly dayz he's such a joker.