Sign in to follow this  
Morbius221

no message received? boom kicked, aha all gear is gone. :-(

Why is this keep happening to me?

I get a message

"no message received"

Red chain icon appears

some timer goes starting going up and then i get kicked.

after words my guy starts over and everything i worked for is gone.

Last game i had so much food and so much water plus a gun. full decked out gear. wanted to go explore.

2x time this happens to me.

anyone please explain whats going on with this

I'm having this same problem, I join a server, search around for abit, then I get the  "No message received" thing.

it usually occurs when you have lost your internet connection. If you suspect having connection problems in other games, or in general, start from that.

Also it can happen when something happens server-side. for example a server restart.

Oh god, I had this happen to me before I thought it was fixed. I have no problem with "alpha" but I don't have a desire to play when I know eventually more than likely I'm going to log in with all my shit gone again.

go check your desynch ingame -> very high -> no message -> kick

happend to me earlier on every uk server

change to a server and check immediately your desynch, it shall be 0, than you'll be fine.

Edited by joe_mcentire

servers get restarted for various reasons. what I don't understand is how can a server restart corrupt my char's data. maybe there's more to it than that. could it be because of conflicting client/server versions?

for me its not conflicting client/server versions since if it was i wouldnt be able to open doors. on top of that i check to make sure version match

Oh god, I had this happen to me before I thought it was fixed. I have no problem with "alpha" but I don't have a desire to play when I know eventually more than likely I'm going to log in with all my shit gone again.

God fucking damnit, jynxed myself and i'm back on the coast -.-

Keeps happening to me, it seems when a server restarts I lose my character (tested, happened 4 times in a row)

Really could use some warning messages so I can log out as it just restarts with no warnings

there was a character wipe... some minutes ago. look into the news ;)